Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Carenado M20R 1.2.1 update

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Ryan can you sort this mess out please 😜

(Mooney in ice)

I wish Carenado would have changed the icing positions (I assume that is editable from the dev's side).  That's not at all how a real one will ice up.  Asobo seems to have at least addressed some of their default aircraft.  You'd get more ice on the leading edge surfaces, prop spinners, nose, radar pod, antennas etc.  Windscreen too in the front.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I wish Carenado would have changed the icing positions (I assume that is editable from the dev's side).  That's not at all how a real one will ice up.  Asobo seems to have at least addressed some of their default aircraft.  You'd get more ice on the leading edge surfaces, prop spinners, nose, radar pod, antennas etc.  Windscreen too in the front.

Yes I agree.  Well overdone, and the icing positions aren't realistic.  The aircraft look like they have had liquid Nitrogen sprayed all over them! :biggrin:

PS.  Thank you so much for the Red / Gold / Blue livery.  I'm loving it!  I see you have just put some more up at flightsim.to - I must check them out. 👍

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can anyone actually get a greaser in the Mooney? I have flown it about 35 hours. I fly in real life, and I fly it to book numbers on approach. I just find as soon as the mains touch, the nose will not stay up. Any tips?

26 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Can anyone actually get a greaser in the Mooney? I have flown it about 35 hours. I fly in real life, and I fly it to book numbers on approach. I just find as soon as the mains touch, the nose will not stay up. Any tips?

I do! 🙂 If you apply same numbers like in real life it won't be pretty especially in Carenado models. LOL  I usually take  sim airplanes for a slow flight,  stalls, steep turns and etc. After that I interpolate power settings and speeds require for MSFS. I also tend to trim aggressively on landing.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I do! 🙂 If you apply same numbers like in real life it won't be pretty especially in Carenado models. LOL  I usually take  sim airplanes for a slow flight,  stalls, steep turns and etc. After that I interpolate power settings and speeds require for MSFS. I also tend to trim aggressively on landing.

And you can get it so it doesn't thunk down? I mean, my landings are good... they wouldn't jar the occupants but I wish I could hold off that nose wheel!

1 minute ago, jpe828 said:

And you can get it so it doesn't thunk down? I mean, my landings are good... they wouldn't jar the occupants but I wish I could hold off that nose wheel!

Yes LOL I keep this nose up. I know many people are no comfortable when cowling covers runway in sim as well as in RL.

Also hardware make a difference, I stick with TM Warthog. If I change to my Honeycomb Yoke I will need some time  to rewire my motor skills a bit LOL Disclaimer it's completely different when I fly CJ-4 or A-320 I can't use same technique like in Mooney!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, jpe828 said:

yeah I find the same thing - does not matter whether I am crossing the threshold at 65 knots or 80 knots, whether I am holding off till it stalls or flying it to the runway with some power, flaps or no flaps. spoiler deployed or retracted,  as soon as the wheels touch the nose drops maybe one or two seconds later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jpe828 said:

All the time thanks to proper airspeed, wind correction, and a good yoke & rudder pedals.

Prior to upgrading to my new Honeycomb, I had all kinds of pitch problems. Not anymore. With this new yoke I can grease most landings.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

All the time thanks to proper airspeed, wind correction, and a good yoke & rudder pedals.

Prior to upgrading to my new Honeycomb, I had all kinds of pitch problems. Not anymore. With this new yoke I can grease most landings.

Like wise with my TM

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been going through several  threads on the Carenado Mooney, and trying to determine before I buy it, if the autopilot hunting in Nav mode, has been fixed. I saw a review on Youtube, and that was the reviewers biggest complaint. I like the aircraft, but doing S turns in Nav mode would be a real turn off. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That’s not an issue I’ve experienced for some time, I think that got patched out early on.  I find it to be a solid cross country aircraft on the autopilot.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have been going through several  threads on the Carenado Mooney, and trying to determine before I buy it, if the autopilot hunting in Nav mode, has been fixed. I saw a review on Youtube, and that was the reviewers biggest complaint. I like the aircraft, but doing S turns in Nav mode would be a real turn off. 

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

That’s not an issue I’ve experienced for some time, I think that got patched out early on.  I find it to be a solid cross country aircraft on the autopilot.

I agree, It's rock solid now. Pleasure  to fly until it hits the overdone ice conditions.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Yup, it flies well and tracks straight on the AP, but as others have noted, the icing visual effect is overdone, however, since you can turn that effect off, there's no reason not to get hold of this aeroplane.

On the plus side, you can actually open the DV panel in flight to see out of those iced up windows without the sim thinking you've overstressed the airframe:

lmbgtfo.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here