Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Broken weather?

During all my latest flights, maybe since the last update (not sure), the weather is always perfectly clear. I always fly with live weather and even if the ATIS tells me about visibility 3 and clouds at various altitudes, I never see a single cloud and visibility is always perfect, CAVOK, more than 10 NM. I have been flying at different places and times, at day, at night, in France, in Madeira, in California, and weather is always clear despite what the ATIS indicates. In addition, altimeter is ALWAYS 29.92...

Did you notice the same or did I do something wrong?
I thought it was a known bug that had been fixed...

Thanks for your help.

I generally check the weather against what is depicted on Windy.com, and it's been pretty spot on for me in both Europe and West Africa, in fact it was quite amazing how close it was to the real thing just now flying out of Madagascar, bound for Mozambique, with a localised thunderstorm at the departure point giving way to fairly clear skies.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've noticed the clear weather bug as well on about 1 every 5 or 6 times I start the sim.  Not sure what causes it and I can't replicate it but the only solution I've found is to restart the sim.

2 hours ago, Blat14 said:

I have posted a fix for this here 

I tried this, but it seems it doesn't work... I set clear skies and when I switch to live weather, nothing changes. If I manually set bad weather, it all reverts to clear skies when I select live weather. I tried at several places, no success...

I've had this for a few days. Nothing will change it. The skies are always clear. The light levels do react to weather changes and water and wind reacts, but I haven't seen a cloud since it began. 

This is in non live weather and live weather. I'm starting to miss poxy weather. 

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I hope Asobo address this via expanding the SDK and provide a means for "us/someone" to develop a proper weather engine for it ... but I keep saying that a lot lately,

You can probably stop saying it because Asobo has made it clear that they consider the weather to be an integral part of the base sim, and are not going to open it up.. So I hope they can at least fix it.

Edited by desbean

I have just logged out from my Microsoft account, logged in again and re-ran MSFS. I don't have the "server offline" error any more.

• Upvote 1

And now it works !!!

It was just a problem of Microsoft account, it now works 🙂

Thank you all for your help.

• Upvote 1

In msfs 2020, I think meteoblue only simulates model based weather. But local weather events is not simulated, so cannot see misty and foggy weathers a lot. 

• Upvote 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

On 12/21/2020 at 2:30 AM, Rocky said:

I have just logged out from my Microsoft account, logged in again and re-ran MSFS. I don't have the "server offline" error any more.

Merci,

I have been trying for weeks to solve this issue of clear skies, I have tried several "workarounds" and then I found this topic. And you have just won the prize, and it was so easy.

I now have a thunderstorm raging over YPDN Darwin Intl Airport......

A happy pilot once more  🛩️

On 12/20/2020 at 11:30 AM, Rocky said:

Where did you log out from? Ingame? Xbox app?