Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

25 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I've absolutely no idea why it doesn't work for me when nobody else has reported the same issue. I've not changed any default settings - all other aircraft start in the pilot's seat, it's only the Goose which has be starting on the plane's nose. I've re-downloaded it a number of times and even tried a mode with altered views, which didn't seem to change anything either.😕 As I stated on page 10 of this thread, even putting in wildly different values made no difference - I still started in Landing View. Very odd.

I have noticed that if something changes the default view in the setup screen while the plane is loaded that sometimes overrides the generic defaults you set when at the main screen. However it is not consistent.  I presume there is a user config file hiding somewhere that handles all that but in typical Microsoft fashion it is all a bit opaque.

One trick if your defaults keep getting changed somehow (by a game restart for example)  is make the config files read only.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I suppose I should be grateful it's only this aircraft I have the problem with. The very first flight I made with it put me in Landing view immediately and it's been the same ever since. I guess I'll just have to live with it.  First World problem and all that!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Lupedelupe and Glenn

Thx for your responses  – yes, I had already seen these lights and switches but they do not work.

When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the right, it shows “master battery on”, I click on the button between the two lights and nothing happens.

When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the left, it says “left float (down)”, I click on the button between the lights and the lever in the middle does down but the floats don’t go down.

I think I might try re-downloading?

Regards

Nigel

No  go - I re-downloaded and installed - same problem.  I haven't been able to find a .cfg file where I might correct it

Nigel

Just now, nigelgrant said:

No  go - I re-downloaded and installed - same problem.  I haven't been able to find a .cfg file where I might correct it

Nigel

Maybe you are double clicking or trying again too fast ? You need to click just once and wait. Then once it is down click again to lower the other side.

10 hours ago, nigelgrant said:

Glenn, would you mind trying what I noted below and tell me whether you get the same result or not; slow clicking and waiting does not work either.

"When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the right, it shows “master battery on”, I click on the button between the two lights and nothing happens.

When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the left, it says “left float (down)”, I click on the button between the lights and the lever in the middle does down but the floats don’t go down."

Nigel

On 1/20/2021 at 12:37 AM, xxd09 said:

How are you managing to steer the Goose once it is  on the water?

Is separate engine use a feasible proposition?

xxd09

I stop to use it,because of this........i do not know how to ad wateruder.

Ralf Scholten EDDL

14 hours ago, nigelgrant said:

When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the right, it shows “master battery on”, I click on the button between the two lights and nothing happens.

When I hover the mouse pointer over the two lights on the left, it says “left float (down)”, I click on the button between the lights and the lever in the middle does down but the floats don’t go down.

OK ... I get the weird labelling as well.  Ignore it.

• There are two rows of two lights for four lights total.
  • There are three  toggle switches in a row (only the centre one is animated)

On the ground:

1. clicking the four lights does nothing they are just lights
  2. On the ground the toggle switches do nothing. Well randomly you may get sounds but the floats do not deploy. They will deploy automatically after you take off though.
  3. If you are insane enough to actually land on a runway with the floats deployed you can retract them but not redeploy them.

Once in the air I get the following:

1. clicking the four lights does nothing they are just lights
  2. Left  Toggle Switch and Centre Toggle Switch are identical and either will deploy and retract the left float. They seem to be mapped as a single switch. Only the Centre Toggle Switch is animated.
  3. Right Toggle Switch  deploys and retract the right float  The Right Toggle Switch is not animated but clicking it still controls the right float.

Other things to note:

• prop control levers are between flap lever and the float switches in the overhead console above the throttle levers, they seem to work as expected
  • fuel cocks are behind your seat
  • landing on water with wheels deployed is an instant crash even if floats are out
  • engine will stop at idle 
  • the throttles have a reverse thrust 25% position but the engines just idle and eventually stop

2 hours ago, banjoman1960 said:

I stop to use it,because of this........i do not know how to ad wateruder.

That would be because the real plane does not have water rudder.

In real life you would be controlling it with a mixture of asymmetrical and rudder and prop control but those are currently a bit broken.

If your comfortable editing the config files for the Grumman there is a work around described here which adds a fake water rudder:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063/245

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

That would be because the real plane does not have water rudder.

In real life you would be controlling it with a mixture of asymmetrical and rudder and prop control but those are currently a bit broken.

If your comfortable editing the config files for the Grumman there is a work around described here which adds a fake water rudder:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063/245

Hey,Thank´s give it a try this evening

Ralf Scholten EDDL