Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

On 1/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

it is an old airplane, you need to kick things and thump them to get them going.  🙂

On a more serious note, it is an import from an older sim and a WIP so it is what it is. If your personal standards are only to fly things that are 100% accurate give it a miss but I actually find it rather more fun than the Icon for water landings and love the big old radials.

I get this but I'd like to at least have working radios.  It's handy to tune a random VOR sometimes.  Hopefully they keep working on it because it's a pretty neat bird!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I get this but I'd like to at least have working radios.  It's handy to tune a random VOR sometimes.  Hopefully they keep working on it because it's a pretty neat bird!

Nothing to worry about, there are big plans for that Goose in the future, but these things takes time 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, in2tech said:

Anyone know where some docks are located in default MSFS. Not the sunken ones 🙂 Let me know please!

Just download the recently updated v 1.8 of the Milford Sound freeware addon.

https://flightsim.to/file/2533/milford-sound-airport-nzmf-new-zealand-v1-0

wzJGM4X2.jpg

zFD1Mqlo.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I have yet to find the switch in the cockpit to lower and raise the pontoons - can someone pls direct me, that would be much appreciated

Nigel

Vancouver

37 minutes ago, nigelgrant said:

I have yet to find the switch in the cockpit to lower and raise the pontoons - can someone pls direct me, that would be much appreciated

Nigel

Vancouver

Just above your forehead (so left side of overhead panel; it's marked clearly). Press either port or starboard once, you should hear the pontoon lowering/raising. Only work one pontoon at a time. 

1 hour ago, nigelgrant said:

Nigel

Vancouver

the other tricky one is the fuel cocks which are behind your seat 😄

lupelupe has it right, top panel immediately left of the flap lever

you can see them in operation in this video below ( look for two blue lights above 3 switches in the overhead when raised, which turn into two green lights below the switches when deployed) ...

On 1/9/2021 at 7:30 PM, Boeing_Driver said:

I agree with your sentiment. However, I enjoy watching the aircraft from the outside, and it's nice to have an AP so the plane doesn't spiral to the ground.

Yes, I know one can trim the controls so it doesn't wander off too much, but an AP is just super convenient.

If you map some basic AP functions to buttons it works. So map your AP on/off, altitude hold and heading hold and you should be ok. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

some recent paintwork, and these are drag and drop as well. If and when I find time, I'll the old ones as well..

a different version of SeaBee Air, ZK-DFC (spot the differences):

50844807512_9b0385986b_k.jpgjk0629

same aircraft, but of Mt Cook Airlines:

50843995623_6c57e57683_k.jpgjk0625

anothere French navy aircraft, of Flotille 27:

50841860941_e34a1f1612_h.jpgjk0589

a very brightly colored Swede:

50841445517_bcf8ea8163_h.jpgjk0567

and finally, Cutters Goose

50841948537_30332c5029_h.jpgjk0579

50841860841_98bc5fcb84_h.jpgjk0599

• Like 6

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

4 hours ago, jankees said:

and finally, Cutters Goose

Happy days!👍

Now, if only my default camera view was the pilot's view. Still haven't found a solution to that...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Happy days!👍

Now, if only my default camera view was the pilot's view. Still haven't found a solution to that...

I assume you have set the default in settings correctly. Maybe there is something in cameras.cfg for the mod itself you can configure.

How are you managing to steer the Goose once it is  on the water?

Is separate engine use a feasible proposition?

xxd09

1 hour ago, xxd09 said:

How are you managing to steer the Goose once it is  on the water?

Is separate engine use a feasible proposition?

xxd09

asymmetric thrust is a bit broken in MSFS but it does sort of work, there is some technical weirdness with the way they implemented engines positioned off the centreline that I never bothered really reading up on

I tend to always park with enough space in front of me to get the speed up a bit and get some rudder authority and just use full rudder

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I assume you have set the default in settings correctly. Maybe there is something in cameras.cfg for the mod itself you can configure.

I've absolutely no idea why it doesn't work for me when nobody else has reported the same issue. I've not changed any default settings - all other aircraft start in the pilot's seat, it's only the Goose which has be starting on the plane's nose. I've re-downloaded it a number of times and even tried a mode with altered views, which didn't seem to change anything either.😕 As I stated on page 10 of this thread, even putting in wildly different values made no difference - I still started in Landing View. Very odd.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)