Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

2 hours ago, xxd09 said:

I have this fine plane loaded and into the air but at about 50 ft it inclines  to the right without fail and does not respond to flight controls -therefore crashes!

Very frustrating as she is so nearly there!

Anything I more could try ?

xxd09

Before you start rolling down the runway, rotate all axis controls, sometimes the sim forgets what your controls are.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

If the controls are literally not moving in cockpit view that is very odd.

If they move but are ineffective that is a different matter and there are a few things to try. Note that the radial version of these aircraft may always have been a little underpowered as evidenced by the emergence of later turboprop models with substantially more horsepower.

1.  It is worth noting that the game applies take-off flaps to pretty much everything (whether flaps are recommended or not)  if you elect to spawn on the runway.  My impression is this aircraft in real life takes off without flaps on hard surfaces so try a flapless take-off.

2. try rotating later so you have more airspeed to maintain control authority and raise the gear (or the wing pontoons if it is a water take-off)  as soon as practical

2. a wing dipping is usually a sign that one wing has stalled, this often occurs as you get out of ground effect and can often be the same wing every time as prop wash effects the two wings differently meaning one always stalls first.  The biggest (fatal) mistake is using stick to correct a dipped stalled wing as this will make the stall worse.  You need to "pick up" the dropped wing with opposite rudder not stick/yoke

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Thanks for that 

It did help me to get to over 200 feet but the an inexorable slide occurs -this time to the left 

Almost as though the controls are overly sensitive initially and then don’t work-flight controls that is

I have simmed  for many years so have some experience and all other planes currently work well in MSFS2020

I will wait for the next incarnation!

xxd09

First off, great to have a Goose in the new sim, thank you!👍 Looking forward to its full development.

Secondly, we need a Cutter's Goose livery!! Tales of the Gold Monkey was fun low-budget Indian Jones TV.

Thirdly, I've been having issues with this one. I've solved some of them by changing my unzipping software from PeaZip to 7Zip, as the former often comes up with an error when unzipping add-ons, saying a file within the zip wasn't extracted.

But there are still 2 issues: 1) The default view is Landing instead of Pilot, so I'm sitting on the plane's nose instead of in the cockpit

2) The engines cut out after about 15 seconds every time, even though I'm spawning on the runway. I have to restart them before I can fly

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

4 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

2) The engines cut out after about 15 seconds every time, even though I'm spawning on the runway. I have to restart them before I can fly

Maybe throttle ? I found the engines die if you throttle al the way back to idle for more than a few seconds.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, bobcat999 said:

I am not a deep systems fanatic, so as long as they fly well and look good, that is just about my depth! 😁 

Thereby lies a stress free happiness.🙂

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

41 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Maybe throttle ? I found the engines die if you throttle al the way back to idle for more than a few seconds.

It's happening without me even touching anything. If I tap on the Fly button and leave the controller untouched, it still happens.😕

And that's without anything else in the Community folder.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

First, thank you so much for creating a gorgeous seaplane. I flew in one as a child (Alaska Coastal Ellis) and I’ve always loved the plane.

I have a couple of questions about the sim version;

1. Is the fuel pump switch functional and should it be placed on for flight?

2. It does seem that idle power settings will cause the engines to quit. Is this realistic and/or am I missing some other step?

3. Does the main door exit open or the forward hatch? 

Hopefully we can eventually get both water falling from the hull of seaplanes following water take-offs and nice smoky engines when they start up. The Goose would look really impressive with that. Probably not high on Asobo's priority list, if at all, but it would be nice to see.

Edited by 109Sqn

I'm doing something wrong, go figure.  😊  I have extracted the Goose files into the Community folder but it doesn't show up on the aircraft selection screen.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Other than the dying at idle problem, I've had no issues at all with the plane. I use FSUIPC to set up my controllers. A/c flies and looks as expected. Should be fantastic when complete.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Run one engine up a bit further and don't start the other until mid channel... haven't flown her yet, but that's not uncommon (as long as the water rudder works).

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

I'm doing something wrong, go figure.  😊  I have extracted the Goose files into the Community folder but it doesn't show up on the aircraft selection screen.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I had the same issue. So I created a new folder called ozx-aircraft-goose-hd, placed it in the community folder and then placed all the unzipped contents in that. Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be done but it worked for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XLS_DRiver said:

Hi Bill,

I had the same issue. So I created a new folder called ozx-aircraft-goose-hd, placed it in the community folder and then placed all the unzipped contents in that. Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be done but it worked for me.

Thank you for the reply.  I did as you said and now I have it.  😊👍  I didn't realize that there were so many liveries for it also.  Great job to the developer.  Happy holidays to you and yours XLS_DRiver and thanks again.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

On 12/22/2020 at 4:38 PM, Chock said:

So long as you are aware that it is typical Carenado fare and keep your expectations there, then yes, I do recommend it, i.e. it's not anything like an A2A study job of an aeroplane where everything is super-duper exactly like the real thing performance-wise, but it is in spite of that still good fun and of course being a Carenado aeroplane, you can't fault the looks.

I bought it for my MSFS and like it very much. However, beware of staying out of icing conditions. There is no de ice equipment except for the windscreen defroster, which does not seem to melt any ice once it starts.

SORRY I thought you were talking about the Carenado Piper PA44 Seminole.

Edited by Stratocruiser1