Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Goose is BACK

On 12/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, 109Sqn said:

First off, great to have a Goose in the new sim, thank you!👍 Looking forward to its full development.

Secondly, we need a Cutter's Goose livery!! Tales of the Gold Monkey was fun low-budget Indian Jones TV.

Thirdly, I've been having issues with this one. I've solved some of them by changing my unzipping software from PeaZip to 7Zip, as the former often comes up with an error when unzipping add-ons, saying a file within the zip wasn't extracted.

But there are still 2 issues: 1) The default view is Landing instead of Pilot, so I'm sitting on the plane's nose instead of in the cockpit

2) The engines cut out after about 15 seconds every time, even though I'm spawning on the runway. I have to restart them before I can fly

1) Default view is NOT Landing, not sure what's going on with your install.

2) If you spawn on the runway, ensure that you push your throttles forward as old engines cut off at "idle throttle". Idle for an engine like this is around 1500rpm.

As this is an Early Preview we have not completed everything, in particular for your situation, we have only completed the ramp starts.

Part of the enjoyment (personally) is getting to learn about these old beauties, which is why we focused initially on the child and dark stay for the ramp.

Edited by OzWookiee
Busting typos

You can find the online manual for all of our planes here: https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation
Join us on discord and chat with all the other Big Radials fans: https://discord.gg/4UpzKVSSqZ

On 12/27/2020 at 5:08 AM, 109Sqn said:

Right, now that I know why my engines cut out shortly after spawning, how about being able to change the default camera view? Every other aircraft spawns in Pilot view, but this one is on the plane's nose.

Presumably there is an entry in the Goose's CFG flie I can change, but I don't know what. I could probably compare its CFG to that of another aircraft, line by line, but that could take a while! If anyone knows what I need to change, I'd be grateful.🙂

Really not sure why this one had broken the unwritten rule of starting in Pilot view.😕

As I mentioned above, we did not break this rule, not sure what's going on with your install, but it's certainly not how it's setup.

Edited by OzWookiee

You can find the online manual for all of our planes here: https://bigradials.com/pages/documentation
Join us on discord and chat with all the other Big Radials fans: https://discord.gg/4UpzKVSSqZ

Thanks Jankees, there are some super nice paints here.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

9 hours ago, jankees said:

few more paints available, soon here on avsim, but already at flightsim.to

Hoi, Jan.

These look amazing as always!

I noticed you're shipping your paints for this, and the P.149, in the old-school FSX style, with aircraft.cfg editing and all.  I'm not sure if this is a deliberate choice your part, or just a matter of time or knowledge...  given that you ship the "auto_json" tool it seems like it's not a lack of knowledge.   Regardless, while it's worth it, it's hard to be patient with the old method when drag-and-drop liveries are so easy to work with, and more reliable across sim updates, to boot. 🙂

In case it helps, I've created drag-and-drop versions of one livery of yours each for the Goose and the P.149.  I'm not going to upload them anywhere since it's your work and I don't have the right to do so, but if you're interested in having them as a template to speed along an update on the delivery of these, let me know and I'll send them your way. 

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The imgur front page changes every 15 minutes or so but right now, one at the top reminds me of the goose!

https://imgur.com/

LtOuSVt.jpg

Edited by Fielder
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Actually I don't think Oz provided any views at all in these early versions. Control 1, Control 2, ... Control 0, brings up these for instance, none of which are of any use....

hZTSGKf.jpgvtMplz5.jpgEFNi8xM.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This is the default view that Reset Cockpit View brings up... which looks like a reasonable pilot's view...

XNQfzqE.jpg

• Like 1

Canada's idea of pulchritude blob?bcid=TzzkZ8Py4TsCxQ

On 1/2/2021 at 7:43 AM, OzWookiee said:

1) Default view is NOT Landing, not sure what's going on with your install.

Mystifying. Nothing I try seems to solve the problem. Odd that I should have it when nobody else has reported the same issue.

I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I don't suppose you could upload a config file to somewhere like Google Drive that I could overwrite mine with? That would at least rule out some sort of corruption of mine when I'm unzipping the whole aircraft download.

I'm at a loss to think of any other solution.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 1/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, jankees said:

few more paints available, soon here on avsim, but already at flightsim.to

Looking great. Any chance of Cutter's Goose then?🤞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I never even knew that the Kaman K-16B existed, but once helicopters are available in MSFS, this would be one fun version to have, if it were possible. Imagine a VTOL Goose!😎

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

Canada's idea of pulchritude 

Nice Beaver.