Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Piaggio / FW P.149 released for MSFS (ATSim)!

On 4/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

This thing is outrageous fun to fly with the canopy back.

No idea if your actually allowed to do this in a real one. I suspect not.

Excellent video, & the village scenery caught my eye.

Is that stock MSFS Brindas, in France, or an add on airfield??

T45

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Is that stock MSFS Brindas, in France, or an add on airfield??

1400' runway with displaced thresholds both ends. 

That is the $10-ish addon LFKL Brindas from the marketplace.

If your not wanting to spend money, there is also a freeware one kicking about which looks pretty good in terms of airstrip and buildings but is missing the people at the aero club, the Dairy Cows and the hot air balloons.

32 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

1400' runway with displaced thresholds both ends. 

That is the $10-ish addon LFKL Brindas from the marketplace.

If your not wanting to spend money, there is also a freeware one kicking about which looks pretty good in terms of airstrip and buildings but is missing the people at the aero club, the Dairy Cows and the hot air balloons.

Ah!

AC/DC & HAB, do the HAB move?

Hmm😃

T45

20 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Ah!

AC/DC & HAB, do the HAB move?

Hmm😃

T45

Static cows and balloons. There was some hint about moving cows etc being possible at a later date. Same issue as the Africa Safari animals I think, waiting on the SDK to allow animated objects in a format that does not kill FPS.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Any word on when this will finally be available on the Marketplace?

If there are any beta testers here or folks with an inside track, i put this on their facebook page a couple of days ago. I hope its something that can be updated.

Hi, just noticed that my hardware trim wheel doesn't animate in the P149D even though the movement is detected and shown in degrees. Is this on on your list? Thanks!

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Hi, after few months of inactivity I tried to start Piggi but without success. I have installed it with March update 2.06.
I double checked my starting seqence (including Fuel cut off switch correctly pushed) but engine won't start.

PLS, would someone check if the modul is working in the actual MSFS version?

THX

Edited by TapiCZ

I was flying it just 20 minutes ago fine.

Double check that mixture is correct and you have fuel in the tanks.

Does it start if you use ctrl-e ??

Thanks for tips Glenn.

Finally I managed to figure it out. 🙂 The non-functional autostart helped me to solve this. The culprit was my USB console with switches and buttons. ON-ON switches are (contrary to DCS) problem for MSFS because the sim cannot receive the signal only once but receives the signal continually. These ON-ON switches generates repeated "press" and this has serious influence to cockpit operations.

Edited by TapiCZ

Is there any way how to map hotkeys/buttons for all the 10 overhead switches and for Fuel Selector positions i.e. Left, Both and Right ? As for the overhead switches I managed to find out keys only for Battery (1) and Toggle Beacon light (5)... Others like Toggle Nav Lights or Nav Lights ON/OFF simply not works.

Also keys for Rudder Trim Left and Right  as wel as for setting DIrectional Gyro do not work for me..

P.S. I do not like to use mouse while flying (especially in MSFS VR). That is why I preffer switches/butons/keys to operate all cockpit functions.

Edited by TapiCZ

1 hour ago, TapiCZ said:

Is there any way how to map hotkeys/buttons for all the 10 overhead switches

This is a one time thing when starting up the airplane... not while flying... should not be a big thing 🙂

Bert

Agree, not a big deal. Keys for the rudder trim and DG would be more usefull though...

Ask for help: ATC not respond with voice only with text (in other planes like C172 I have no problem to hear ATC voice).

For P.149 C&D start: after the engine is started I turn ON  Radio and Radio Compass overhead switches, turn On COMM and set COMM Volume clockwise to max. Open ATC windows and contact Ground service, I check that COMM frequency was automatically changed to correct numbers. My voice is OK, but responds from ATC are only text without voice...

I also tried to spawn on a runway with engine running, but overhead switches were OFF, so I turned them ON, then COMM set ON, COMM Volume set to Max, call ATC but after initial Tower contact, though frequnecy was automatically changed, no respond from ATC folowed - nor text nor voice, and no other choices in ATC window....

Do I miss something?
THX

Edited by TapiCZ

I’ve had the same ATC issue. I presumed i was doing something wrong until your post. I’m also encountering COM frequencies thare not in increments if 0.025 so can’t manually tune to them

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

7 hours ago, Spit40 said:

... I’m also encountering COM frequencies thare not in increments if 0.025 so can’t manually tune to them

I solved this and many other missing mapping issues of P.149 with amazing SPAD.neXt SW. Now I have literally everything mapped and can fly totally without mouse. BTW the LVAR "PG_COMM_KNOB_L"  allow you to mapped keys/buttos to adjust COM frequencies in 0.25 increments:

FXDH1yQ.jpg

• Upvote 1