Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Honeycomb Bravo Owners

4 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

OK so I am trying to change the first switch (Beacon Lights) on the Bravo to Inside/Outside view.

So I clear the current input then Validate.

Then Start Scanning so I press END on the keyboard (which is the cockpit/external view mode)

And I get this message..."You are trying to assign an action to a device that is not selected"

So I am stumped. What do I do next ??

In reply to Carts85

Yes one of the lucky ones here in Christchurch NZ 😀

I think you are confused about how the programming works. You have correctly selected the 'Beacon Lights' function and then entered the programming dialog to clear the current mapping, but once you have clicked Validate you need to exit the dialog. If you click 'Start Scanning' you are telling MSFS that you are about to press another button that you want to be bound to the 'Beacon Lights' function, and that's what it will be looking to 'detect'.

So, you need to back out of this dialog after hitting Validate. Then find the function you want in the function list. You will probably find it under a category called 'Views' or 'Cameras' (I don't have MSFS open so I can't look it up). Then you want to go into the mapping dialog and press 'Start Scanning', press the switch you unmapped before and it should bind that switch for you as required.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks MarkDH. At last some clarity 😀👍

Finally got it to work. Much appreciated and all the best for 2021.

17 hours ago, cooperwarner8 said:

Ordered in September. Only got mine today. Stock is so limited 

There is supply.  And there is demand.  So it could be unlimited demand rather than limited stock....
If it is anything like my Alpha Yoke then it is understandable...  +++++

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I ordered mine in September - just got notice (23rd) that it was shipped. However Fedex tracking# says it's been at their facility in Hong Kong since then. Five days just sitting is not a good thing. From everything I have seen and read it is worth the wait. I love the Alpha yoke.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I ordered mine in September - just got notice (23rd) that it was shipped. However Fedex tracking# says it's been at their facility in Hong Kong since then. Five days just sitting is not a good thing. From everything I have seen and read it is worth the wait. I love the Alpha yoke.

I ship from China and Hong Kong on a weekly basis, and it’s not unusual to see things sitting waiting there for days on end. 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, tull said:

... I ordered it early Dec....apparently its coming from Germany, I'm in the UK

From Aerosoft, the European distributor? Then yes, Germany. They order direct from the Hong Kong factory.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:27 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I ordered mine direct, I am in the UK and it came in direct from Hong Kong. With Fedex. 

If yours is coming from Germany, and it arrives after January 1, I believe it will attract import duty/VAT or some kind of tariff. 

When you say 'direct' do you mean from Honeycomb themselves? I thought they only accepted orders from North America?

As for duty, you raise an interesting point. Currently, if you order an item from Amazon UK - but supplied by Amazon US - you will be subject to import duty, so there could be issues on Amazon UK orders for the likes of the Honeycomb TQ. If it comes from a UK 'fulfilment centre (i.e warehouse), it shouldn't incur import duty (in my opinion). But if it comes via a European fulfilment centre? We could end up with a situation where some UK customers pay more than others for orders fulfilled at the same time. If so, it shows that Brexit is a complete shambles (as I predicted from the first time it was ever mentioned).🙄

And again in my opinion orders placed before tonight ought not to be subject to duty, regardless of when they are completed, but will Amazon honour their price promise including import duty (i.e. waiving it if it gets applied)? What a mess.🤬

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

When you say 'direct' do you mean from Honeycomb themselves? I thought they only accepted orders from North America?

Yes direct from their website.

Yes I agree with the rest you said. I run a business in the UK and in Hungary and my wife and child are Hungarian and we live in the UK. So, you can imagine how much of a mess it al actually is for us 🙂

Boris Johnstone's father sums it up really, getting his French passport. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Charlie_Foxtrot said:

Hello. First time poster here.

I pre-ordered mine in August. Still haven't received or gotten tracking yet. Very impatiently waiting.

I’d chase that up, cause I ordered direct in September and got mine at end of December. 

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’d chase that up, cause I ordered direct in September and got mine at end of December. 

Well mine isn't direct. IIRC right when I pre-ordered Honeycomb wasn't accepting any at that moment, so my pre-order is through Flight Velocity... They've apparently just started shipping in the last two weeks.

• Like 1

hi

i ordered mine dec 4th 2019 it arrived 22nd dec 2020 nice xmas box to my self

it was worth the wait absoluteley brilliant

few hiccups with auto pilot etc keep watching you tube to iron them out

gonna try joystick gremlin  and vjoy watched the video in this thread but am none the wiser seems complicated

i dont think it was very good at explaining the set up unless that is just my brain cells getting a bit old

jeff

jeff storey

1 minute ago, jstorey20 said:

gonna try joystick gremlin  and vjoy watched the video in this thread but am none the wiser seems complicated

Once you get the hang of that, its brilliant. Took me a good few hours to suss it all out properly. 

• Like 1