Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Working Title CJ4 0.9.0 - Holds, New FM, FD, Dual Comms

On 1/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, dga711 said:

@imb12 You are using a incompatible livery that renders FADEC inoperable (overrides panel.cfg). 

I only have the original file and no extra liveries but the problem remains!

Edited by imb12

On 1/8/2021 at 11:27 PM, JughedJones said:

This has been a consequence of having using a livery that has a .panel file.     theres a whole list of 'authorized' liveries on WTs discord. 

On 1/9/2021 at 3:07 AM, dga711 said:

@imb12 You are using a incompatible livery that renders FADEC inoperable (overrides panel.cfg). 

I only have the original file and no extra liveries but the problem remains!

Edited by imb12

Another great flight in the 0.9.1 version of the CJ4. Then on landing she turned into a wheelstander again.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thank you so much for all your outstanding work!

Two questions:

1. In cruise, what altitude should be entered prior to descent? The next crossing restriction, or instead, if I dial the field elevation, will VNAV respect all the crossing restrictions in between?

2. I can't seem to find the range control for the MFD. How do I increase or decrease the displayed range?

Thanks again!

37 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Thank you so much for all your outstanding work!

Two questions:

1. In cruise, what altitude should be entered prior to descent? The next crossing restriction, or instead, if I dial the field elevation, will VNAV respect all the crossing restrictions in between?

2. I can't seem to find the range control for the MFD. How do I increase or decrease the displayed range?

Thanks again!

I usually put the alt required to capture the glide slope. The vnav should abide by the alt constraints in the star and approach 

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I usually put the alt required to capture the glide slope. The vnav should abide by the alt constraints in the star and approach 

What about an RNAV approach? Should it be the glide path interception altitude and switch to APR mode, or keep it in VNAV and dial in the field elevation?

5 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

In cruise, what altitude should be entered prior to descent?

You would normally put the altitude preselector down to whatever altitude you're cleared to. The lowest you should set it would be the restriction for the FAF, as you would enter APPR by the FAF, for ILS and RNAV approaches. In APPR the plane will ignore the preselector, and you can then set it to the missed approach altitude.

5 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

I can't seem to find the range control for the MFD. How do I increase or decrease the displayed range?

The PFD and MFD ranges are linked and can be changed with the rightmost knob on the DCP (the control panel above the PFD). The tooltip that comes up confusingly mentions radar, but that's a bug with the tooltip detection.

-Matt

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Another great flight in the 0.9.1 version of the CJ4. Then on landing she turned into a wheelstander again.

CG is probably off?  I have this issue too after the CG shifts back after less fuel in the tanks.  

16 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

What about an RNAV approach? Should it be the glide path interception altitude and switch to APR mode, or keep it in VNAV and dial in the field elevation?

Yes glide path intercept and switch to appr

12 hours ago, tgsweat said:

CG is probably off?  I have this issue too after the CG shifts back after less fuel in the tanks.  

The only way to get a better landing was to put the CG way forward over the limit. I did that by putting 2 americans on the pilot and co-pilot seat 😅

Edited by bendead
  • Like 2

Tried it first time today after I've seen it on flightdeck2sim channel. 

I'm impressed with this level of depth and quality. CJ4 just became one of my best aircraft to fly in MSFS.

Thank you to every person involved with this great project!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gtaboncer said:

I'm impressed with this level of depth and quality. CJ4 just became one of my best aircraft to fly in MSFS.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

On 1/10/2021 at 4:09 AM, highflyer2020 said:

I cannot get the VBAR to change to X-PTR in V.0.9.1 - is anyone else experiencing that or is it me doing something incorrectly?   Thanks.

3 hours ago, gtaboncer said:

Actually it has been for some time now... 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.