Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG

I never know when I'm going to get one.  I do several, long-haul flights in complex airplanes with lots of add-on scenery.  No issue.  Then, bam!  Can't figure it out.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I've noticed recently been getting no device hung errors (fingers crossed) once I reduced texture resolution to 1024 which still produces acceptable visual quality in VR on my 2080TI.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikeymike said:

When i delete and rebuild cfg it’s fine.

upon exit and restart of P3d v5.1 hf1 in full screen mode. It gets messed up again.

I can see your screenshot now and can see the overlap is as if the screen size or menu height is confused by something. Have you tried without chaseplane for a test?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

10 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I'm still getting this error repeatedly with my new system build. I keep an eye on my VRAM and do not over stress the graphics settings. My last DEVICE_HUNG was just now, flying over desolate Alaska in the A2A C172 after about an hour with memory at 4.3/7.1. This is kind of joke at this point. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers, maybe I should try the older one.   

I am happy with 460.79. Less stutters for me. Bathemetry is off? Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

I can see your screenshot now and can see the overlap is as if the screen size or menu height is confused by something. Have you tried without chaseplane for a test?

Hmm, I will test by disabling chaseplane before restart of P3d.

I think that may be the cause.

thanks 

mike

edit.. 

just tried with chaseplane off, thou same issue. I notice if I open in windowed mode it’s fine.

but when I change to full screen mode and then shut down P3d and restart back into full screen mode it causes the same effect.

mike

Edited by mikeymike

Could be the latest win 10 upgrade ? Causing the issues?

Cheers

mike

Could be something in Windows. I have the latest updates seem to be OK here.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

At this point you might want to go the DDU route and make sure you have NOTHING overclocked.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

i have tried DDU routes and same issue persists.

also none of my hardware is overclocked.

also  noticing now that the shift z text gets blurry while panning.

cheers

mike

So I managed to do two consecutive 2hr flights with no crash. Incredible! What a momentous day. The only change on my side was disabling Game Mode. No idea if that had anything to do with it. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I don't use Game Mode ... I had experimented with it also ... it worked for games that don't make heavy usage of multiple cores, but not so good for any games/apps that do use multiple cores (like P3D).  PC Gamer recommend turning it off also if one experiences problems.

That sounds more like a refresh rate problem and/or your monitor is not in the correct "mode" for PC output.  What primary GPU?  Do you have embedded GPU (if so is it disabled)?

Cheers, Rob.

I’ll have to check that Rob on the theory that perhaps the onboard gpu is being used?

how do I check that ? In the bios?

i have a 1080ti with latest driver installed.

Thanks 

mike

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The Prepar3d Graphics settings UI page will tell you what GPU it's recognized as viable (if more than one GPU, the dropdown will list them all).

Motherboards will vary on how they enabled/disable embedded GPU ... in the past "on-board" is a common identifier or "Internal Graphics" or "Integrated Grahpics" or "IGFX" or "IGD".

Check NCP also if you're using nvidia, make sure monitor settings are correct, RGB-Full, refresh rate, etc.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you Rob, 

I will check all of the above when I get the chance. And  report .

cheers 

mike

Meh...got another Device_Hung after preflighting my NGX at KMSP and accessing the flighplanner to load my ifr flight. What a drag. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

Did you try any of these suggestions I posted?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob. Yesterday I got a new Nvidia HF driver 461.33 specially for solving VR stuttering. 

That driver brought me also the device hung error every single flight after max 5 minutes.

That means, this can also be a nvidia issue.......

I reverted to 460.79. All stable again. 

Just to let you\others know. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Did you try any of these suggestions I posted?

I could be wrong, but I thought PMDG had their own proprietary rain effects and lighting. Pretty sure I have no ac that use Trueglass and Realights. But in any case, I had already installed them both through Orbx Direct.  

The only thing left for me to try is an older Nvidia driver. 

36 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

I could be wrong, but I thought PMDG had their own proprietary rain effects and lighting. Pretty sure I have no ac that use Trueglass and Realights. But in any case, I had already installed them both through Orbx Direct.  

The only thing left for me to try is an older Nvidia driver. 

460.79 is the one I use without any errors. Maybe a good starting point. Good luck. Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png