Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Hard Stutters

I know this has been talked about but I cant believe that I such hard stutters no matter what the settings even on low. I have 32 G ram, new MSI ROG Hero motherboard, Intel I9 10900KF 3.7 OC 5.0. Nvidia 1080. I know the 1080 is older but I upgraded the MB and Chip but it still has hard stutters. Is anyone else have this issue? Are there any solutions? I am not looking to run it at Ultra just medium-high. I see videos that look so smooth I keep thing I am missing something. Thanks

Chris Chiozza

Are those stutters due to low FPS or more like lagging due to texture loading/scenery streaming?

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, cchiozza said:

Its hard to tell but it does not seem to be FPS.

ok...what are your graphics settings ingame aswell as in the Nvidia control panel?

Are you running @30Hz or higher?

I'm asking because i had similar issues and switching to run MSFS in 30Hz really fixed almost all stuttering issues for me.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

The only change is Prefer Maximum Performance. If I set FPS is sim to 30 I get micro stutters. I am on a Sony 50" tv. I it set to @30Hz

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

18 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

The only change is Prefer Maximum Performance. If I set FPS is sim to 30 I get micro stutters. I am on a Sony 50" tv. I it set to @30Hz

4K? If so, probably a stretch for 8GB VRAM.

Kill the fps limit in-sim and turn on vsync. If your tv is indeed set to 30Hz then vsync SHOULD automatically limit frames to 30 fps to match 30Hz refresh.

As you can see in the specs below my system is profoundly inferior to your system. I get mostly stutter-free performance in most situations at mostly high settings with some medium on 1440p Gsync monitor limited to 30 fps with Nvidia CP.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

No reason to run this higher than 1440p as he noted above, it's not going to look better and it will perform worse. Most of our seating distances to viewing size ratios are too small to see any difference. There are a lot of 4k advocates in here, but it's not worth it frankly.

2560x1440 is already a high resolution, and if you are running a native 4k monitor, then it is upscaling it to 4k in some manner. The difference between 4k and upscaled 1440, you'd have to be sitting incredibly close to see a difference, unless there's some inherent processing flaw in the game I'm not aware of in the translation. Honestly, even if you have a 3090, there is no reason to run 4k.

Get 2 monitors and have someone help setup a double blind test, write down on a piece of paper what resolution you thought you were at any given session, you'll find the placebo effect is in pure play but that it's not so easy to see a difference.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Alpine,

While I'm sure your info. is appreciated, the resolution the OP is running hasn't even been established.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 minutes ago, somiller said:

Alpine,

While I'm sure your info. is appreciated, the resolution the OP is running hasn't even been established.

I'm aware, you noted it 2 posts above, but I see so many advocating and claiming how much better it looks, just thought I'd point that out.

I use a 120" variable aspect size screen, so I've actually done the test on 70" TV's, 86" TV's, and even huge projector screens. You can see the difference on certain models of projectors if it is sharp enough in some games, but it's not easy. I have never done the test on MSFS 2020 though. Sure 1080p vs 4k is easy to tell on the bigger screens, but 1440p upscaled vs 4k not so much.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Drop the 4K, i have a 1080ti and 4K is a no go for me, either its fluid or i will not play the game, just forget about it, use 1080p and the game runs likes a dream and looks awesome on my 65" tv, i use RTSS for fps limiter and set it to 30, for me this is just heaven.

Dont push the settings, find your magic point and you will love the sim.

Edited by OHN767

That card is a mismatch for the rest of your system. You might try it without an OC on the CPU. I know it seems counter-intuitive but I would try that first. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Honestly, even if you have a 3090, there is no reason to run 4k.

Well I’m mean that’s completely crazy advice to give. You’re completely wrong. 

If you’re running a 3090 on anything less than 4K, you’re going to Make the sim cpu limited. Which in turn will induce stutters. Not what you want. I’ll not go in to more details, as a search of this forum will explain all, but, don’t post advice like this, because it just doesn’t help. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 3