Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Iceland Overhaul Freeware For MSFS

Created By Baddweapon

https://flightsim.to/file/848/iceland-overhaul

This addon currently contains around 1000 landscape fixes, 185 unique structures around Reykjavik and other areas of Iceland, and brings tree coverage to within a few percent of real life. The tree coverage fixes were based on a map that shows tree coverage of the country. The structures cover iconic and VFR landmarks such as Hallgrimskirkja, Harpa, and the DC3 crash site along with many other buildings within Reykjavik and the rest of Iceland to bring it to life. More fixes and structures will be added with every update!

Current list of structures includes the following and more: Reykjavík Cathedral, Harpa concert hall, Brautarholtskirkja, and the dc3 crash site, Hallgrímskirkja, Fríkirkjan í Reykjavík, Landakotskirkja, The National Hospital, Reykjavik junior college, The House Cabinet, Reykjavík Art Museum Hafnarhús, Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Hljómskálinn, the theater at Vonarstræti 3, and the old school at Laekjargata 14, City Hall, harbor lighthouses, Perlan, Police HQ, pond bridge,Höfðatorg, Kjarvalsstadir Art Museum, the National Center for Cultural Heritage,Hofdi, the National Museum of Iceland, Gamla Bio, the National Library, the Volcano Museum in Stykkishólmur, and the Hellissandur longwave radio mast.

ZPqNaj.png

Lm4ttl.png 

BiQIfr.png

9hIkkq.png

pjheUY.png

wrsOaw.png

dXgKGr.png

g8RWSJ.png

j8aBzc.png

Es8ilk.png

m3VH1X.png

• Like 14

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the heads up, this looks stunning.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

01/24/21 VERSION 1.7.1: SEA LIFE

This update adds blue whales and two accompanying POIs to the north of Iceland. If you stick around the POIs long enough you may see one of them put on a show! I'm going to try and add splash animations when the SDK supports them. The update also adjusts the animations of the orcas so that they are not perfectly synchronized. Check out the second screenshot for a peek.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

File has been updated again. If you would like to keep track of further updates, please click the blue "follow" link just above the "download" link

• Like 2

Devons rig

27 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

File has been updated again. If you would like to keep track of further updates, please click the blue "follow" link just above the "download" link

You don't anticipate today's MSFS World Update will upset/change anything you have done in Iceland?

T45

19 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

You don't anticipate today's MSFS World Update will upset/change anything you have done in Iceland?

T45

If so, the author of this scenery will almost certainly simply update it.

Devons rig

I noticed this one and did not download as I hadn't planned to do any flying over Iceland in the near future, but I think I will now.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Thanks for the heads up - didn’t realise this was available. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Another HeadsUp

This scenery https://flightsim.to/file/848/iceland-overhaul

Has been updated to fix any compatibility issues with this mod and Mikeaat's Iceland 20m DEM mod. https://flightsim.to/d/mikeaat/iceland-20m-dem-high-resolution-terrain-elevation-data-from-lidar-imaging

Any terrain issues that remain when using both mods are an issue with the DEM mod and not a compatibility issue between both mods.

• Like 3

Devons rig

This looks amazing, the amount of work that must have gone into this. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Looks fantastic, but I will wait to grab it after the Nordic update, as I have planned to fly over Norway to Iceland after the update.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |