Sign in to follow this  
zorro747

panning in the cockpit (TrackIR)

You need to look at what core MSFS is prio, take TrackIR of that core and also make TrackIR only use 2 core and 2 threads. Also you need around 40FPS for TrackIR to be smooth in MSFS less gets messy.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, zorro747 said:

thank you! Will try that out. But in other games, such as IL2 Shturmovik TrackIR works pretty well. So, I think that it is the matter of nvidia tweaks or so. 

MSFS 2020, like any other Sim doesn't conform to common performance behaviours seen in any other type of gaming environment for a multitude of reasons.

I'd get your Track IR working good before delving in to nVidia settings (if all other Games are good).

It's a case of; "the least broken, the least amount of fixing required".

Have you tried swapping out your Track IR headset and camera to alternate USB ports to the ones they currently inhabit? 

Can make a big difference. Try/ Test/ Try/ Test. . .repeat until things are smooth, etc.

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You need to look at what core MSFS is prio, take TrackIR of that core and also make TrackIR only use 2 core and 2 threads. Also you need around 40FPS for TrackIR to be smooth in MSFS less gets messy.

Not entirely true. I'm not having any TrackIR issues with my set up (see sig) and I'm averaging 30+ fps. I'm using TrackIR 5 Pro.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3527/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Thank you for all you posts and advices! The problem is solved.  When I started this sim (not long ago) I flew mainly on GA aircrafts in the areas with no custom objects. The settings were on ultra and everything was smooth. Later I tried flying with A320NX and the performance drop was obvious. I started tweaking the nvidia etc. The goal was just to keep the ultra setting with a nice performance. The TrackIR itself had nothing to do with the problem. So, I just set everything to High, decreased the LODs and now I am getting pretty much affordable result...

The distorted picture while panning in cockpit was due to ultra settings. My rig doesn't run it well.  Have i5-10400F, RTX3070,  ASUS TUF GAMING B460-PRO. So, have to get a bit down in the settings....

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

On 2/1/2021 at 3:40 AM, zorro747 said:

Thank you for all you posts and advices! The problem is solved.  When I started this sim (not long ago) I flew mainly on GA aircrafts in the areas with no custom objects. The settings were on ultra and everything was smooth. Later I tried flying with A320NX and the performance drop was obvious. I started tweaking the nvidia etc. The goal was just to keep the ultra setting with a nice performance. The TrackIR itself had nothing to do with the problem. So, I just set everything to High, decreased the LODs and now I am getting pretty much affordable result...

The distorted picture while panning in cockpit was due to ultra settings. My rig doesn't run it well.  Have i5-10400F, RTX3070,  ASUS TUF GAMING B460-PRO. So, have to get a bit down in the settings....

Hi, what settings did you change to get rid of the blurred / out of focus scenery? I have the same issue recently...not just with trackir, chase view panning with control stick, and sudden movement in the cockpit produce the same loss of focus / fuzzy blurred ground trees etc.

I've seen that too on occasions using trackir since the last patch.  But performance overall is worse than before the patch so I just put it down to that. 

On 1/29/2021 at 4:36 PM, zorro747 said:

I think that it is the matter of nvidia tweaks or so.

Track IR works really well for me with no tweaks whatsoever on what is a very average system these days. No process lasso or priorities or core assignments. No nVidia Control panel tweaks either, other than the single setting for "prefer max performance". It should not be necessary and I don't think such tweaks will solve your problem - but potentially create other problems. At best you might hide the problem a little bit not solve it. Bottom line - you do not need tweaks for Track IR to work smoothly. As has been mentioned, the in-sim Motion Blur setting is terrible with Track IR but you already have that off. Maybe switch it on and then off again to be sure it really is off as what you describe could be that.

Failing that try deleting the Track IR profile for MSFS and create a totally new one. Make sure it loads that profile with MSFS too. If you have previously tweaked your system (as most have) to try and get P3D or FSX to run better - some of those tweaks likely won't be helping you either in MSFS.

Good luck.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor