Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

One of the mods took out the radio displays on 3 of them.
I removed both of them,  do you know if the one for airspeed increase is working without issues?

I wish you could activate the autopilot without the VNAV and LNAV,  and only have LNAV if that is what you select.  The VNAV is pretty weird on my computer, and none of the other planes were able to do VNAV either.

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Painted it in my Air Hauler airline livery; kind of suits it...

fUivQoz.png

An English pilot, a Canadian registration, and an Indian airline. Most bases seem to be covered there, Alan :smile:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am experiencing an issue when trying to change the waypoints in the FMC mid flight. Both times after I tried to change this the sim froze up. The first time it crashed, and then tonight it froze up and I had to use ctrl/alt/del to close the sim down. Anyone else have this issue? I suspect I may be doing something wrong. Also, is there a direct to feature? Sometimes I like to just fly from point A to point B due to a combination of laziness and time constraints.

Cheers, Pete

Same here. Can anyone assit us on how to change the waypoint or use direct to ? WE are not able to add or remove waypoints from the flight plan via FMC.

Thnaks in advance.

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

For all those who are interested in an "honest" review that doesn't immediately demonize the entire aircraft,
a review was written in German that also highlights the strengths and doesn't immediately paint the devil on the wall.
The English-speaking friends should try a translator.
This way:

https://www.simflight.de/review-boeing-737-max-von-bredok3d/

translatet with Deepl.

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

Same here. Can anyone assit us on how to change the waypoint or use direct to ? WE are not able to add or remove waypoints from the flight plan via FMC.

Thanks in advance.

Yup. You can do this fairly easily.

On your FMC, go to the RTE page and then type the nav aid you want to go to in the scratch pad, then click on an right LSK and it should insert it unless there is more than one navaid with that ID, in which case it will make you pick one of the options. If on the other hand you want to delete a waypoint, you can use the DEL key and then click on a left LSK. You can use this method to divert to another airport by doing this on the DEP/ARR page and putting the new ICAO code in.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. You can do this fairly easily.

On your FMC, go to the RTE page and then type the nav aid you want to go to in the scratch pad, then click on an right LSK and it should insert it unless there is more than one navaid with that ID, in which case it will make you pick one of the options. If on the other hand you want to delete a waypoint, you can use the DEL key and then click on a left LSK. You can use this method to divert to another airport by doing this on the DEP/ARR page and putting the new ICAO code in.

Thanks for the explanations. Maybe there is a problem with the installation. Normally, we are doing it as you describe but not working on this aircraft FMC. I will check it again. Thank you.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

6 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Thanks for the explanations. Maybe there is a problem with the installation. Normally, we are doing it as you describe but not working on this aircraft FMC. I will check it again. Thank you.

Definitely works on mine. Here I have just inserted the YES VOR (which is in Southern Spain) to a plan from EGCC to LFPG, which doesn't make much sense of course, but it was just a demo; it has queried whether I had abbreviated YESC, or I wanted that VOR, and when I chose the VOR, it puts that in and lights up the ACTIVATE button for me to okay that, so you can see it is definitely doing it in the way you normally can on an FMC:

nyaARXP.png

ciyBKFv.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

6 hours ago, karlz said:

I removed both of them,  do you know if the one for airspeed increase is working without issues?

The air speed mod is bogus...  they were reading the wrong data..  the actual aircraft as delivered is closer to real life than the airspeed mod.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I would steer clear of mods for the minute. That light mod really buggered my plane up and forced me to make a diversion on my Air Hauler flight last night when it knocked out the port engine up at cruise, although it did let me see how it flew on one engine, (as expected, it reduces the ceiling - I had to drop down from 39,000 feet to 32,000 feet - and also flies slower obviously, but it was easy to land it with an engine out). It also let me try out altering a flight plan in the air to divert to FQNC from FMMI, so I know you can do that now as well. I ended up reinstalling the plane to make sure that mod was gone, which was easy enough to do, but I'll be thinking twice about any mods for this thing until I know they are kosher.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

An English pilot, a Canadian registration, and an Indian airline. Most bases seem to be covered there, Alan :smile:

Hey, I'm nothing if not cosmopolitan.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

I would steer clear of mods for the minute. That light mod really buggered my plane up and forced me to make a diversion on my Air Hauler flight last night when it knocked out the port engine up at cruise, although it did let me see how it flew on one engine, (as expected, it reduces the ceiling - I had to drop down from 39,000 feet to 32,000 feet - and also flies slower obviously, but it was easy to land it with an engine out). It also let me try out altering a flight plan in the air to divert to FQNC from FMMI, so I know you can do that now as well. I ended up reinstalling the plane to make sure that mod was gone, which was easy enough to do, but I'll be thinking twice about any mods for this thing until I know they are kosher.

agreed...  I would love to see some proper mods come out as was done for the FBW320, but for now, I am still having fun flights around the world in this thing, even if I have to put my blinkers on for a few things 🙂

PS.. not a mod, but if you are experiencing the speed tape suddenly dropping to 0  hit shft-h to turn the pitot heaters on 🙂    Found that one yesterday 🙂  and while the engine and other de-ice fatures are switchable, the pitot heaters aren't  only the shortcut works.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yup, I have the Pitot Heat on keyboard P as a toggle, it comes in handy for imported legacy FSX/P3D aeroplanes where the VC buttons are not clickable and is also useful if your speed tape freezes on this thing owing to the probe heaters being off. Been there and done that too. 🤣

My review of this thing will be up later today with a bit of luck. I did manage to get a replacement camera (thanks for breaking my old on Fifi lol). Of course when I do reviews for my channel, I also have to learn a new aeroplane-related song for the intro, and that's now done (involves some high notes to sing, not my strong point, lol), so recording that is this afternoon's mission. Stand by on your ear defenders. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

49 minutes ago, Chock said:

I also have to learn a new aeroplane-related song for the intro, and that's now done (involves some high notes to sing, not my strong point, lol), so recording that is this afternoon's mission. Stand by on your ear defenders. 🤣

Thought you would be using this 🙂

On 2/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, Chock said:

Go on then, I'll take one for the team and buy it. I'll report back in a bit.

I broke down and bought this bird this morning.  After looking around a bit I too actually like it.  Out the gate (disclaimer, going to word not allowed some off) the dimensions of the VC (window size, etc) is far better than what PMDG gave us for so many years with their FSX 737NG.  This didn't get corrected until the 'NGXu' was released.  I was expecting the VC to be off in the sizing of the windows etc but the VC in this model is the 737NG/MAX series hands down.  You feel like your in the 737 cockpit with this bird.  Yes the forward paneling is off as far as texturing but judging by what PMDG gave us with the excuse of saying they had to size warp the windows to accommodate the HUD this was a plus for me out the gate.  Whether it be the QualityWings 757 or the aforementioned PMDG FSX 737, higher costing add-ons have gotten major things wrong with VC modeling yet charged way more than this.  Say what you will about Carenado, at least their models are on point.

Another thing that impressed me out the gate is fully modeled landing/taxi light options.  No short cuts here. All lighting switches for forward view lighting options work.  This is often missed with our more established developers.  They like to mix, leave out, and/or have dead switches when is comes to all the light switches that control your view ahead at night and various other lighting.  Night flying ends up lacking because of this.  What you have here is a 24 hour bird that looks good in the VC at all times of the day or night.  Today nothing less should be accepted and this bird has it.

So much has already been said here so I won't go into anything further for now.  This bird is not trash and fills a nitch nicely until the higher end options arrive, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I need a few great 'BBJ' liveries to really get into this bird to form a more constructive opinion.  I hope someone with painting talent is reading... 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2