Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

I am struggling to understand why some folks continue to decide, on behalf of others, how good or bad of a value this airplane is. Let’s be clear, people decide for themselves what the value is for the items they purchase. I wish we can just settle down with the bashing of a $20 item! I guess those of us who purchased this plane are just stupid for having bought, and even dared, to like this plane. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

20 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

das schlechter ist als jedes der Standardflugzeuge

Who says that the next updates are not like with others?

After watching 1.11 Chock video, the aircraft is not as bad as I had anticipated per the -ve comments coming through here.

Useful & informative video. Would have liked to have seen  a landing, & there was no appreciable aircraft sound, perhaps so the voice over was clear? Although I am partially deaf.

Will be purchasing, & curious to see how much 'better' an 'acceptable' 737 turns out to be.

T45

Edited by Treetops45

Yup, I normally knock the audio down a bit so it doesn't stomp all over the V/O, but in all honesty the audio on this 737 is nothing to write home about; it's adequate rather than notable, using quite a lot of borrowed default sounds. It would be easy enough to swap these out for other sound packs and or stuff from other 737s you have although most of those would have CFM sounds of course.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

How does it fly an ils approach, can it do a cat iii autoland?

Looks like the texture of the VCs hold up nicely even when zooming in. I can live with the irs align stuff not working. Are the switches spring loaded in the real thing as well?

Edited by Ricardo41

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

How does it fly an ils approach, can it do a cat iii autoland?

It does not do auto flare...not flair. 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

It does not do auto flair

...which is the same as an auto-flare, but a bit more stylish. 🤣

On a more serious note, it will fly down to the runway on autopilot, so if you chop the A/P and A/T as you come over the numbers, you can basically just fly that last bit yourself and flare easily enough although like the real 737 is notorious for doing, it likes to float a bit and won't actually completely stop flying until well under 100 knots same as the real thing. Auto-landings are for pussies anyway, everyone knows that. 😄

It is a very nice 'hand flyer' anyway. Much better than the default A320.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

are the callouts all modeled, take off and landing?

Yes. I think. 🙂

Manny

1 minute ago, Chock said:

...which is the same as an auto-flare, but a bit more stylish.

HA ha Doh! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Manny

It does call V speeds, and some approach stuff, warns you about gear if you are too low. You can have MCE do all that anyway, so even if it didn't it's not a big deal. You can hear it call V1 on my review at about 46 minutes in, when on the take off roll as it gets to 110 knots.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

On 2/11/2021 at 4:39 PM, bendead said:

So for you guys, a beautiful Lamborghini 😁 :

Could that be a heavily modded Triumph TR7??

On 2/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, marsman2020 said:

or that real world cold and dark startups procedures work when they don't.

That's because the cleaning staff haven't been into the plane the night previous. Nor have the ground staff ensured that the plane has been manoeuvred to the correct parking spot. How for down a real C&D start do we need to go before its is acceptable??

On 2/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Christopher Low said:

An English pilot, a Canadian registration, and an Indian airline. Most bases seem to be covered there, Alan :smile:

All diversity 2021 boxes ticked! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am struggling to understand why some folks continue to decide, on behalf of others, how good or bad of a value this airplane is. Let’s be clear, people decide for themselves what the value is for the items they purchase. I wish we can just settle down with the bashing of a $20 item! I guess those of us who purchased this plane are just stupid for having bought, and even dared, to like this plane. 

Cheers, Pete

It's a discussion, no one is making "decisions" on behalf of others. And I haven't seen anyone who is critical of this add-on call anyone stupid. If you'd like sanitized conversation, maybe make a request of the mods to add a user-to-user subforum. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chapstick said:

If you'd like sanitized conversation...

...you take a swig of bleach before talking?

Safety Warning - do not do this in real life, not even if a prominent former game show host on TV suggests it, it's not a good idea. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury