Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Any new Water Marks (1.13.16.0)?

3 hours ago, guibru said:

The water mask will be included when the Word update Caribbean is released. Patience.

When will this be and who said they'll address it then? 😶  Sounds like you know something the rest of us don't...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

When will this be and who said they'll address it then? 😶  Sounds like you know something the rest of us don't...

I thought they said in one the dev Q&A they were adding them as they get them done, then pushing them out in the next update cycle.

I don't think there was any specific areas or what not that would come first.  I think they said they were being hand made?

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I went to several locations.

It looks like only, Moorea, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Tonga, Samoa and Ohau got water masks.  And the north side of Tahaa but it looks like word not allowed because its in a square box.

Maui, NO, Hawaii, maybe but probably NO. Raiatea, No.  Huahine, NO. Mangareva, NO Rangiroa, NO. Tubuai, NO, Kosrae,NO,  Guam, NO. Yap, NO. American Samoa, NO. Palau, NO,  New Calidona, NO. Fiji, NO. Majuro, NO Aitutaki, NO. Rarotonga, NO.

After that I quit looking.  I guess they did say they were only doing what was in the Oceania trailer.

But at least there is this 

borabora.jpg

Edited by aniiran
asobo kept its promise
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

After that I quit looking.  I guess they did say they were only doing what was in the Oceania trailer.

They said everything from all the trailers, that they had gone through and made sure that all the locations were there.

The Dev Q&As are useless politics, can't believe anything they say.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

At least they are aware of how important these features are to the sim and they are slowly addressing them. The ASOBO team deserves kudos for addressing our concerns. Looking forward to more enhancements in future updates. Lots of beautiful tropical destinations to explore, including the Bahamas with the freeware airport package. Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

i wonder why there is no freeware of those water masks, at least i would think it should be possible for all those brilliant minds here to create them !?

Carsten U

15 hours ago, Alvega said:

Bora Bora looking good now

Sorry, disagree. Looks not at all as it should. These are just light green spots where in reality you have multiple shades of color. 

• Like 1

Hans

7 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

They said everything from all the trailers, that they had gone through and made sure that all the locations were there.

If that's the case what happened with Antigua?   Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that island featured in the trailers? 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Great that we finally have all those water masks, even if some of them aren‘t perfect. Let‘s not forget that they can only create such water masks in places where Bing Maps has decent imagery (unless they can obtain new data), so we‘ll probably never have water masks everywhere. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Sorry, disagree. Looks not at all as it should. These are just light green spots where in reality you have multiple shades of color. 

You may need to check your settings for Bing World Data.  As DJ Jose and I have demonstrated there is a full watermask in the lagoon now.

Some of the Bahamas is looking real good! 

Screenshot-316.png

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

9 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

The Dev Q&As are useless politics, can't believe anything they say.

I don’t think you know what that word means.

54 minutes ago, aniiran said:

there is a full watermask in the lagoon now

Thanks, I see the watermask. I had probably expected more variation and colors. And the baked in boats and hotel pontoons in the lagoon are not immersion friendly. Hopefully, there will be addons available in the future for such iconic locations. 

• Like 1

Hans