Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

RTX 3070, RTX 3090 or 6900 XT

BTW: Just checked and a RTX 3080 is available in 3-4 days here in Germany for 1800 EUR. 3090's go up to 3000 EUR.

Hans

7 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

BTW: Just checked and a RTX 3080 is available in 3-4 days here in Germany for 1800 EUR. 3090's go up to 3000 EUR.

Which company? Is it possible to buy online?

Anyway 1800 euros is too much, considering that I can get 3090 for 2100 euros...

5 minutes ago, harpsi said:

I found it through the pricefinder portal idealo, the company would by cyberport. But I agree, it's way too much for a 10GB card. 

Hans

40 minutes ago, harpsi said:

Anyway 1800 euros is too much, considering that I can get 3090 for 2100 euros...

Did u try this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-24gb-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphics-card-titanium-and-black/6429434.p?skuId=6429434

Somebody from RO was able to get it.

Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

What is the consensus on the 6900XT?  It is becoming available in limited quantity in Australia along with the 3090 but up to 1000 AUD cheaper than the nvidia offering.  Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 2/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, harpsi said:

Hi, 

I would like to know if the less expensive one, RTX 3070, is much worse than the others concerning the price. At this moment it is impossible to find RTX 3080 and 6800 XT, since both oth are not available in almost any country. I would like to run MSF2020 with detailed addons like sceneries, aircrafts, full AI traffic, weather, and so on with at least 25 fps.

harpsi

The first question to ask yourself is what monitor and resolution you want to run, and what type of flying you do.

I have a RTX3070 and an AMD 5800x pushing a 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440p 60Hz monitor. I am happy with it A) because a 3070 was the only new GPU I could get my hands on at the time, B) It matches my monitor resolution/Hz and wished for ultra settings well, C) It matched my budget and balances with my CPU ,  D) it provides enough graphic ability to enjoy the sim smoothly and with high FPS 50+ in all but the most demanding cities/aircraft. 

After months of reading all the boards and Youtube reviews etc I have realised to forget hours of graphic settings tweaking etc. just set everything on Ultra, and reduce the render scaling setting down depending on aircraft and mission type. I can't notice the difference. This reduces the load on the 3070 to provide a smooth optimum 50-60 fps. 

Yes, I would have preferred a 3080 but didn't want to wait forever. A 3080 would have meant less render scaling reduction.

I feel the 3090 is not value for money in MSFS unless you want to get into serious VR.  Am sure a 3090 would have smashed it out the park on my monitor, however according to other reports , even a 3090 cannot drive a full 4k monitor at Ultra settings at 50-60 FPS in all aircraft/missions. 

I am keeping a keen eye out for the proposed 3080TI as I think this will be the sweet value spot for MSFS. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

5 hours ago, Winkle Brown said:

The first question to ask yourself is what monitor and resolution you want to run, and what type of flying you do.

I have a RTX3070 and an AMD 5800x pushing a 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440p 60Hz monitor. I am happy with it A) because a 3070 was the only new GPU I could get my hands on at the time, B) It matches my monitor resolution/Hz and wished for ultra settings well, C) It matched my budget and balances with my CPU ,  D) it provides enough graphic ability to enjoy the sim smoothly and with high FPS 50+ in all but the most demanding cities/aircraft. 

After months of reading all the boards and Youtube reviews etc I have realised to forget hours of graphic settings tweaking etc. just set everything on Ultra, and reduce the render scaling setting down depending on aircraft and mission type. I can't notice the difference. This reduces the load on the 3070 to provide a smooth optimum 50-60 fps. 

Yes, I would have preferred a 3080 but didn't want to wait forever. A 3080 would have meant less render scaling reduction.

I feel the 3090 is not value for money in MSFS unless you want to get into serious VR.  Am sure a 3090 would have smashed it out the park on my monitor, however according to other reports , even a 3090 cannot drive a full 4k monitor at Ultra settings at 50-60 FPS in all aircraft/missions. 

I am keeping a keen eye out for the proposed 3080TI as I think this will be the sweet value spot for MSFS. 

1. Well, I never tried 4k so I cannot imagine how it looks like. It also depends from the screen length, right? Do you have some examples of can I find them on youtube?

2. I will buy a complete new computer including monitor. The most important thing is to run complexed addons like those from ORBX, PMDG, FlyTampa, FSLabs, and so on, with full AI Traffic, weather and so on, at 25/30 frames minimum. If I need to sacrifice 4k and run MSFS in a slower resolution, well, it could be an option.

I fly in 4K so anything with less than the 11 gb  vram  I have on my 1080ti is a non starter.  That means very limited options at present - may just have to wait things out until we have PMDG and DX12 in MSFS when the need for a new GPU wili become quite pressing.  I would consider a 6900Xt if there was more data on how it performs in MSFS and P3Dv5 but understandably this is hard to come by.  Also I have always had nvidia cards in the past so I am a bit cautious about crossing the street to try AMD but can't bring myself to pay the asking price for a 3090.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 2/17/2021 at 12:25 PM, harpsi said:

The chances are:

1 - RTX 3070: more or less 840 euros

2 - RXT 3090: more or less 2200 euros

3 - 6900 XT: more or less 1460 euros

4 - Waiting some more less until some RTX 3080 come out

All the other components are not a problem to find. All the videocards are Asus TUF OC...

Suggestions are welcome, considering that I would like to run MSFS with all detailed addons like busy sceneries, complexed aircrafts, AI traffic, weather, and so on, with more than 25/30 fps. 

Problem is, the answers have already been given wether you like them or not.

You want the magical unicorn of an msrp latest generation video card which is extremely hard to get right now. So the options are: pay over msrp, sit and wait for stock to somehow who knows when to normalize, get lucky and find one in stock. All of us are in this situation currently if we want one.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

On 2/18/2021 at 10:48 PM, harpsi said:

1. Well, I never tried 4k so I cannot imagine how it looks like. It also depends from the screen length, right? Do you have some examples of can I find them on youtube?

2. I will buy a complete new computer including monitor. The most important thing is to run complexed addons like those from ORBX, PMDG, FlyTampa, FSLabs, and so on, with full AI Traffic, weather and so on, at 25/30 frames minimum. If I need to sacrifice 4k and run MSFS in a slower resolution, well, it could be an option.

I have never tried 4k either, I doubt Youtube videos can give a realistic impression. I use a 1440p ultrawide and lower the render scaling when needed to keep a high FPS on ultra. It still looks amazing even with my maxed out 3070. 

It's all about your overall budget for your hobby, flight sim can get into silly money if you let it . 4K ultra is still too demanding for the current crop of hardware at high smooth FPS. Sure get a 4k monitor for future proof but be prepared to render scale it down . I like the Ultrawide alot. 

For all your future extras a Ryzen 5800x will be great no doubt.  A 3080 would be best for you I feel on a 1440p ultrawide. Easily above 30 FPS and smooth on the most demanding aircraft settings. DX12 coming soon will be interesting. 

And as said before, you may just have to buy what you can, I had to .  

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

On 2/18/2021 at 7:37 AM, hjsmuc said:

What an absolute rort.

Cheers

Steve Hall

And prices seem to go up even more. Just wondering what I would do if my current card died. 

Hans

Hi again, 

I have the possibility to have a not so expensive videocard Radeon 6900 XT. I would like to know your inputs. People say that it gets hot quite easy and it is not so good for MSFS... It costs 1600 euros.

To buy or not to buy?

The hardware manufactures should be thanking Microsoft for all the sales in these hard times. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg