Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

Guest spookymufu

these are all very interesting, even the "I'm a single male living at home and have left strict orders to not be interuppted". I am 35, married with three kids. Durring the day I watch the kids, they seem to get into everything when I am flying, always a crash at the wrong time, usually the 2yr old climbing on something he isnt supposed to, or it's the 3yr old having some little girl trauma like her little brother just grabbed a toy she had no intrest in until he grabbed it and then the screaming starts. My 7yr old is probably the easiest to deal with except last weekend when dad was flying he decided to grab dads car keys (without asking) to unlock the garage door so he can look for a toy that was packed away, we still havent found my car keys.Now, when the wife gets home she is incharge of the kids so dad can fly right? WRONG! "I worked all day, you take care of the kids, I'm tired" is what I get. Then after the kids get put to bed and I fire up FS, as the loading screen is comming on, I get "are you going to watch this movie with me or play your little game?" well, of course I have to watch the latest chick-flick she's rented or I sleep on the couch that night. So after the movie and the kids are asleep I figure, okay, I'll get a flight in now....WRONG! now it's "are you comming to bed with me or are you staying up all night?" sheesh. Okay, so I go to bed and what happens? she quickly falls asleep, why did I shut the computer down?Now, you have to also understand, I get the evil eye during the weekend too when she's home. "are you going to spend time with us or sit on that d*mn computer all day?". So, I no longer take flights longer then an hour and most times I get my flying in 15min bursts and everything else inbetween.I also get the "come help me" or "DADDY!" when I am landing or taking off just like you all do......Hummm, I remember in the old days when I had a two bedroom apt and just a cat..........

Happy Valintines Day !!JimCYWG

Actually, so do dogs! I have that special bond with mine. Everytime without fail on finals he comes in next to me, starts wagging his tail, growling and barking until I hit pause and give him attention. The funny thing is I have headphones on. How do they know??? Amazing.Best regards, Jeff

You get the picture!I guess it's because women have a different view of reality and consider FS simming as a completely superfluous and unnecessary waste of time game. Tey're more communicative than men in general and prefer to do things together than to sit alone in front of some computer. Better to do some work in the house and thus doing something which has an advantage for everyone in the family than to sim and have only fun for yourelf, that's their motto.Too much simming would be risky for any relationship IMHO because women (and childs, and dogs, and cats) need attention to be happy and stay with you. Sim too much and you'll be the loser in the end!So, my simming times usually are short ;-)Andreas

Lol funny thread :-lol :-lolI use the brush when the wive or childeren coming near the home cockpit }( but for some reason it won't work :-rollAndr

André

HOW TRUE!Some time back, someone had an excellent applicable post so related.Useing an old voice communication program (which I miss)designed for a previous MSFS version, there was the capability for declaring an emergency. When so spoken, that pretty well ended the flight with ATC direction to the nearest airport.Enter loving wife who chose to loudly proclaim: "MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY"!Happy flying:RTH

Guest Kingair315

My wife never interrupts, without asking if I have a minute. If I ask here to wait, she does until I am ready... Ive been using the FS for decades, and she says, "I'd rather you had the FS as a hobby than any other, for I always KNOW where you are, and what you are doing. It's cheaper than Golf or Pouring money into a hole in the water (boats) like you used to do. You are here, not out in a Bar, where heaven only knows what is going on. Et.Al." Each time I upgrade computers, SHE gets a new computer, and spends time on the internet. But, that also costs, as it is much easier to shop... But, we have an agreement, she never spends more than $25 a week, without consulting me about the purchase. We always joke, its just another GIFT... She now has all Christmas, Birthday, Valentines, etc gifts until the year 2017... And we keep at least that far ahead, so when I pass on, she knows what I would have given her in all those years. Bob

Guest PPSFA

There are two solutions that worked for me, one temporary and one permanent. #1 No matter what time I was interuped, as soon as I heard her coming in the cockpit, errr DEN, I would start screaming at the monitor. A few instances of this and she learned that it was best to avoid me while I was flying. Of course, that only lasted a short time until she figured out that ATC wasn't real and no one else was in the plane. That lead to #2.....Me: "Honey, I really can't concentrate with all these distractions you are causing. I'm sure you don't realize I am resposible for 100's of lives and millions of dollars worth of airplanes, not to mention I HAVE to stay on schedule or I will ger fired."Her: "You have *##*#**@*#**#*#* LOST IT."Me: "No, it's right here on the GPS, see?"Her: "I'm outa here!"Me: "Tks, and don't forget to lock the cockpit door on the way out please"Her: "***$#*$##*&%&$"Shortly after this we sell the house, get divorced, she moves 10 miles away. and we are both much happier. And I kept the computers!

My wife says aviation is like a second woman in my life that's hard for her to beat most of the time. But she appreciates it at the same time because she knows that I definitely don't have any more time, focus, passion or interest in having a third.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest alex333

*lol* what a funny read!! :DSo there are moments when I think being single is no the worst thing :D

Guest Dasher7

I had a media teacher who had to make exactly that choice (he also has a local TV prog. on games, with his children ), and yep, he chose games over growl. Kinda sad, but what are you gonna do?BTW. I just stumbled across this article which was accepted, then rejected, by Scientific American. Why? Because it offered no "solution". Or, from political correctness?http://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?...al.pbio.0040019Sadly, it seems there's no cure for miscommunication in the cockpit ;)Or, are there any women here who can attest the same goes for non-flying husbands?Cheers, Dasher7

Guest rpjkw1155

Mine says, "You've got a PAUSE key, don't you?"No rest for the weary.Bob