Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

There is an innovative new product that can help with your troubles. Haven't had an interrupted approach since I started using it...http://gprime.net/video.php/blowdartsCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Roadkill

They just know when to do it...just the way they know to hand you the "Honey-Do" list as you are going out the door to get a beer, or to schedule a visit from their friends on the night the big game is being televised.

Guest monsoon

There isnt a fix for that BUT if you squawk the international 7701 code which is the "#### off" reply, it should sound a bell on her radar

Hey Jim:This thread is such a trip. Nothing's changed on my end in 2 years--or five. I'll always be on final when the family dinner call goes out!JS

Guest mike_cyul

Not only do I get the interruption, quite often my wife will come in with our daughter in her arms and just stand there staring at me, at the critical moment, destroying my concentration.... :)In an added twist, our cat also knows when you're trying to accomplish something difficult, jumping up onto my lap and sticking its tail in my face. Never fails. Maybe thinks that a CatII landing is spelled "cat, too".:)Mike F.

Guest UPS009

This topic is funny. I too suffer from the, Have you landed yet and the, Are you done flying questions. It always happens at the worst possible moment. I wear a headset when flying on VATSIM and the wife loves starting conversations while I'm wearing it. Nothing better then flying in a major flyin with ATC giving you approach instructions in one ear and the wife canceling your flight in the other ear. Why didn't she come talk to me when I was at FL350 for the last 4 hours. When she ask me how much longer, I tell her to hold on and let me check the progress page on the FMC. I tell her I'm 12 minutes out if everything goes as planned, lololol.

Guest Kingair315

My Wife has been accustomed to never interrupting me...For three decades she was my receptionist while I was working as a therapist with clients. On my door was a sign,"- In Session -Do not Open Door.Do NOT Knock on Door.DO not try the Knob!DO not even THINK of it."Only once did she ever knock, and I knew it had to be an emergency. Leaped for the door, jerked it open, and it was obvious she was choking. Did the Himlick maneuver, and up came a piece of steak she had lodged....She then began to Apologise! Stopped her immediately, of course.She literally worships the ground I walk on, and calls me "Saint Bob."She of tells everyone how I saved her life...She never interrupts me when flying the flight sim....Just save your wife's life, and you will end -all- your problems.Believe me when I say, I am even more fortunate as we have been married over 40 years, and just couldnt live without my Best Friend.If not married, Find someone you have so much in common with that they could be your "Best Friend" and discover how great a marriage can be.

Guest davidvoogd

*emhem*There is a clarification needed for this statement..."Have fun with your little video flying games.signeda wife"FLIGHTSIM IS NOT A GAME! IT IS A SIMULATOR!Please correct your wives whenever they say that!Anyways I'm a single young guy who so I don't run into any women interrupting my flight, except the odd phone call. Now I should mention I just don't answer the phone, but since I still live at home my parents will and promptly hand it to me - even though I leave strict instructions that any callers are to be informed I am away - biking or something.So if the phone doesn't get me my cat will. It's hilarious people mentioned that because it's so true - the cat always goes for the rudder pedals when you need them. Never when you're on autopilot - always on the approach, and especially if there is a stiff crosswind to battle!

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I have spent the past 1/2 hour reading all the responses to this thread, including my own a year or so ago . . . still wondering how this thread came back.There is NO solution to this problem, other than locking your door, wearing headphones and just ignoring them. And after awhile, if you have a rather intelligent wife, even that one won't work, as I made the mistake once of showing her where the breaker box for the electric in the house is . . . yep, thats right, she pulled the breaker on my office, killed everything, and then had the gaul to blame it on the electric company. I almost went for it until I noticed that everything else in the house must have reset itself with the proper times, channels and such.I called the city prosecuter the next day, (a friend) and there is NO law against wives flicking the service breaker -- we all are doomed.As a final note, this last instance happened about a month ago when I was flying a new model during the day, (yes, I know I was suppose to be training a horse, but the new model was calling for my attention), to make a long story short I had let the horses out to graze and they can come right up to the house if someone leaves one of the pasture gates open. (the house and everything is still fenced so they can't possibly get out on the highway and play in the traffic), and I had left the garage door open.I was making a final into ORD when I felt this 'hot' breath on the back of my neck -- I calmly pressed the 'p' key and then looked at the reflection in my monitor. Yep, sure enough, the wife has trained one of our new foals to interupt me even during the day.Standing right behind me, was a month old foal, sort of looking around as if to say . . . "hmm, so this is where you guys live, sort of nice, lots nicer than my stall . . ."With the garage door open, the little darling had pushed open the laundry room door which also wasn't shut, and was calmly walking around the house inspecting it . . . of which he ended up in my office, breathing down my neck. Had I startled the little guy, he probably would have wrecked havock on my house, so I was lucky that I just got up, grabbed his halter, loved on him for just a minute or so and then calmly led him back outside . . . vowing NEVER TO LEAVE THE GARAGE DOOR OPEN AGAIN. And YES, this is a true story!Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Sometimes, ya just gotta tell the wife: look, I'll kiss you in a minute; first I gotta kiss the ground!JS

Guest davidvoogd

LOL Clayton that's hilarious!

Guest B52Drivr

David,Yep, and as for the animals, well, you can sit and watch the horses for awhile and they always come up with something that is funny -- I'll include part of an e mail I sent my sister the other day on another funny happening . . .if these animals could talk, it sure would be interesting.E MAIL EXCERPT: ....So, I decided, now that the little filly we had a month ago is getting bigger and bolder, (she acts like she is so full of herself), that I would turn her and her mother, (Mom is the Alpha female around here, and doesn't take any crap from anyone), loose to mingle with the other horses. Well, of course, my big gelding, Chance, is the Alpha Male, (yep, that's right, a big, beautiful butthead), and he decided it was time to show these girls that they have a certain 'place' in the pecking order around here . . . you'd think he was still a stallion the way he runs around, snorts, kicks up his heals and demands HIS way! Sort of like the usual male in heat LOL Anyways, he was sort of bothering the new foal, nothing big, but just to let her know her place . . . for all of her being so full of herself, she sure did turn out to be a little wimp LOL.Whinnying, and carrying one, running around like a chicken with its head cut off. "Mommy, Mommy, this big bad horse is going to hurt me . . . . Mommy, save me." That went on for about a half hour, with Sudie, (her mom), grazing away without a care in the world but still keeping a watchful one eye on the situation. Sudie is pretty laid back and doesn't get upset unless there is real trouble. She won't tangle with Chance unless she is having one of those 'female' days, and then he usually is bright enough to cut her a wide path . . .he's not a total idiot LOL. So anyway, after about a half hour of this carrying on, Sudie had seen and heard enough --- this kid is going on like she is being murdered by Jack the Ripper. So Sudie, ran up to Chance, laid back her ears, snorted one time, which in horse language probably meant."Look butthead, would you leave the kid alone . . . I'm trying to eat some of this really good grass over here and you are becoming a pain in my butt." Snort and stomp of right foot. "and I'm tired of hearing the little darling cry for help . . . .so unless YOU want to put up with the little snot, I suggest you leave her and ME alone." Snort, stomp and shows teeth. Being the bright boy Chance is, he promptly did the typical male thing and ran and hid -- never mess with a kid who's mother is snorting, stomping and showing you her huge teeth. Thought you might get a kick out of the mornings activities . . . animals can be so interesting at times. Anyways, that is another little ditty from horseland . . . knowing their personalities like I do, the 'talking' would be just about right if they could speak LOLBest to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

DonaldAre you saying there is a keyboard command that can toggle unwanted wifely interruptions?Or did I misunderstand?Does this work only when in Flight Simulator or will it also prevent attempts at deep and meaningful conversation during televised major sporting events, for example?

ngxu_banner.png

That is exactly correct. I finally get a few hours alone with the computer and just at the moment when you are waiting to lock the ILS, the wifw comes in and says, "What do you think about this shirt? Does it match my skirt?" At that point, "just a minute" does not work. She then starts in on me, I miss the approach, or worse "have to hit the pause button," and it is basically all over.RH