Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

AIG

thanks forum ( especially Ray from Chester ) nice place by the way for  convincing me to switch to AIG from payware AI. although i do like the 2 programmes i was flipping between . this programme is fantastic, coursed me I bit of an headache to finally get it installed and working, and I was drunk after spending hours loading in  the liveries/plans etc. together with AI companion the best I've ever used no doubt , so thanks again people , happy simmer today 😊 well until something breaks and you know that wont be long ! lol🙄 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

That's A nice post from you. 

@Kaiii3 will surely appreciate this positive respond. 

I also had some headache at my first install I must admit. Maybe he can do something about this.......I don't recall their is a guide or short youtube footage with the steps to follow for getting this to work.

But if it runs.....it runs....and runs....and runs....very nicely 🙂

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

AIG's AI Manager has a tutorial (Written) in AI Manager forum.  I agree that this is the best way to get more AI from all over the world continually updated with outstanding models.  I particularly like the FSPXAI models (Opt in paid models).  Very good, and also are updated very frequently.   If MSFS is missing anything (Besides everything working everytime), it is AIG.  I have hope for MSFT but now I spend 90% of my time with P3DV5.   I used to use Ultimate Traffic, and couple others.  Once I found AIG's AI Manager.  Nothing matches this. Of course this is my opinion and others also can differ.

I lost my hope for Simulation with complex Airliners in MSFS anytime near this year...

Maybe 2022\2023 or even not at all.y concern is they fully concentrate on this freeware scenery gateway and XBOX.....if this is done....the year is mostly passed by already. 

But....that's why we have P3D isn't it. This is their chance to keep us using it. And if such great add-ons like AILRP and AIGAIM are working well and kept getting updates....complex Airliners also....than I have no reasons to turn my back at P3D.

P3D is still my 99% used platform. This will not change this year. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I too have recently seen the grandeur and almighty light of AIG!

Actually removed my Ulitimate Traffic Live, comes nowhere near AIG.

• Like 1

Richard Smith

Is there a way to transfer an AIG installation in P3Dv4 to P3Dv5 or does one have to simply reinstall all in P3Dv5?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 hours ago, SAX702 said:

Is there a way to transfer an AIG installation in P3Dv4 to P3Dv5 or does one have to simply reinstall all in P3Dv5?

I recall @Kaiii3 saying there seems to be a way to spare downloading the textures and plans.

Maybe you contact him via his Support Forum. He will surely answer this. I tagged him here, maybe he can answer this here.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, SAX702 said:

Yes you can. I have both p3dv4 and v5 installed currently and ai show up just fine in both As i have both installed currently there is an option when you load aig manager which version are you using. i did this and it all seemed to work fine

• Upvote 1

Pete Little

13 hours ago, SAX702 said:

1) Make a backup of your OCI installation (just in case)

2) Start AIM

3) Select P3Dv5 (if you have still both sim on your system)

4) AIM will ask you to run a verify setup, do it

5) Thats all

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 3/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, sonny147 said:

thanks forum ( especially Ray from Chester )

I suspect that's me but I live at the other end of Cheshire. :smile: See the link in my sig. Glad you like AIG.

17 hours ago, SAX702 said:

s there a way to transfer an AIG installation in P3Dv4 to P3Dv5 or does one have to simply reinstall all in P3Dv5?

I followed the advice to install AIG outside of P3D so it went to D:\AIG.  I've spent the last 48 hours installing P3Dv5 and all my airports, aircraft etc. All it took was copying the add-on entry from v4 to v5. Easy peasy!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/14/2021 at 11:56 AM, sonny147 said:

thanks forum ( especially Ray from Chester ) nice place by the way for  convincing me to switch to AIG from payware AI. although i do like the 2 programmes i was flipping between . this programme is fantastic, coursed me I bit of an headache to finally get it installed and working, and I was drunk after spending hours loading in  the liveries/plans etc. together with AI companion the best I've ever used no doubt , so thanks again people , happy simmer today 😊 well until something breaks and you know that wont be long ! lol🙄 

Timely post. I just installed AIG yesterday on my new P3D 5.1 install. I had some issues with the install but second time around worked like a charm and I'm loving it. Shout outs to the people that designed this and then did it. Thank you!