Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

2 minutes ago, efis007 said:

I believe it would be the opposite.
The Vulkan API is more advanced than Directx11/12, so the fps would be higher on Vulkan than the current FS2020 on Directx11/12.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

I would say that behind any advance API the final result of any program comes from the skills/knowledge/experience of Developers. Its important also to mention that Laminar forced to move to Vulkan from OpenGL. We will see the actual results i guess on X-Plane 12.

in my opinion Asobo-s  is an experienced pro ( gaming ) company which knows really good to handle DX11/12 which  creates a modern Platform  with great potentials and always with the high-end blessings of Microsoft 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

I had another CTD on the flight tonight, but it was as I was taxiing to the ramp, so not so bad. I completed the flight anyway. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

No it's not. Vulkan is still behind DXR 1.1

Directx11 cannot compete against a modern low-level API.
This is demonstrated by the fact that the new Directx12 (I quote from wikipedia)... "The primary feature highlight for the new release of DirectX12 was the introduction of advanced low-level API which can reduce driver overhead".
There is no doubt that a low level API offers better performance than any current Directx11, otherwise it would make no sense to develop Directx12 with low-level API.
With my small pc I was running Xplane (OpenGL) on "medium settings" at 22fps.
With the "high settings" I was shooting at 15 fps.
Now with Vulkan I run it with "high settings" at a fixed 40 fps.
I got double the performance without changing the pc.

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

12 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Directx11 cannot compete against a modern low-level API.
This is demonstrated by the fact that the new Directx12 (I quote from wikipedia)... "The primary feature highlight for the new release of DirectX12 was the introduction of advanced low-level API which can reduce driver overhead".
There is no doubt that a low level API offers better performance than any current Directx11, otherwise it would make no sense to develop Directx12 with low-level API.
With my small pc I was running Xplane (OpenGL) on "medium settings" at 22fps.
With the "high settings" I was shooting at 15 fps.
Now with Vulkan I run it with "high settings" at a fixed 40 fps.
I got double the performance without changing the pc.

So we are not looking to have to replace our GPU when it goes to DX12?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

38 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had another CTD on the flight tonight, but it was as I was taxiing to the ramp, so not so bad. I completed the flight anyway. 

Did you change your Virtual Memory Settings?

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So we are not looking to have to replace our GPU when it goes to DX12?

In theory not.
If FS2020 is well optimized for Directx12 the performance will increase at GPU parity.
Exactly as it happened in XPlane11 with the transition from OpenGL to Vulkan.
Same GPU, more performance.

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

For the amount of visual candy you get versus FPS . I feel like MSFS is more than adequate compare to XP11 Vulkan.  DX12 could bring up better performance as long as you have a RTX 2000 series of bettter GPU as the 1000 series had issue with DX12(not performing as good)

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.