Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Aerosoft CRJ has been updated

Just did another flight from LSZH to LIEO, no issues besides the grumpy glideslope behaviour. But as it was perfect weather in Olbia, I did not even try the autopilot for landing but did a full manual approach and landing. I am happy with the plane, if the GS is fixed, this will really be a perfect short hop plane for me.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

21 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Thanks for your reply. I‘m aware of that. The problem is that the AP doesn’t manage the pitch and so the the plane keeps accelerating. I have nav and speed activated and the speed set to 250 knots (and above fl 100 to 290 knots). The throttle levers are on climb. The rest of the AP seems to work.

My bad! Misunderstood your post. Strange - it seems to work fine for me. 

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

the PFD should say CLIMB and your speed underneath. Once it reaches it's altitude it will say ALT CAPS.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

the PFD should say CLIMB and your speed underneath. Once it reaches it's altitude it will say ALT CAPS.

It does say climb and the speed I set in green letters, but it still doesn‘t work. Activating speed mode seems to have no effect whatsoever. 

The weird thing is that it used to work and then suddenly it stopped working. I‘m wondering if there’s something I suddenly started to do wrong or if it was caused by the update. I hope for my brain that it‘s the latter😅

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

It does say climb and the speed I set in green letters, but it still doesn‘t work. Activating speed mode seems to have no effect whatsoever. 

The weird thing is that it used to work and then suddenly it stopped working. I‘m wondering if there’s something I suddenly started to do wrong or if it was caused by the update. I hope for my brain that it‘s the latter😅

Does it start accelerating after you reach the set altitude? If yes, this is normal. There's no auto throttle so it needs you to reduce the throttle.

Once you see the Alt Caps message, you can reduce your throttle and manually adjust to maintain speed.

Just now, FlyingGoose said:

Does it start accelerating after you reach the set altitude? If yes, this is normal. There's no auto throttle so it needs you to reduce the throttle.

No, it happens during climb. I usually set the cruise altitude before takeoff.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just now, Shack95 said:

No, it happens during climb. I usually set the cruise altitude before takeoff.

Wait, so it's accelerating past your set speed of 250 (or 290 above 10k) AND climbing? What's the rate of climb?

Just now, FlyingGoose said:

Wait, so it's accelerating past your set speed of 250 (or 290 above 10k) AND climbing? What's the rate of climb?

Yes, exactly. The pitch is sometimes between 10 and 20 degrees, sometimes less. I don‘t know the exact climb rate. I’ll check it on my next flight. 

1 minute ago, Shack95 said:

Yes, exactly. The pitch is sometimes between 10 and 20 degrees, sometimes less. I don‘t know the exact climb rate. I’ll check it on my next flight. 

Ok now I'm curious. I'm going to set up a flight and see if I have the same thing happen. I'll report back in a bit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Works perfectly for me. I set the alt at 18,000 before taking off.

Took off, pressed speed button, set speed to 250, hit the AP button. After 2000 feet set throttle to Climb gate.

Plane climbed at about 7.5 deg up to 10,000 at 250. At 10,000, I set the speed to 290. It pitched down, gained speed to 290, and then pitched up again and climbed to 18000. When I saw the  ALTS CAP, I moved the throttle to about 74% N1 and was able to maintain speed and altitude with occasional adjustments to the throttle. Worked  just fine.

I think you're missing a step somewhere.

Edited by FlyingGoose
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Works perfectly for me. I set the alt at 18,000 before taking off.

Took off, pressed speed button, set speed to 250, hit the AP button. After 2000 feet set throttle to Climb gate.

Plane climbed at about 7.5 deg up to 10,000 at 250. At 10,000, I set the speed to 290. It pitched down, gained speed to 290, and then pitched up again and climbed to 18000. When I saw the  ALTS CAP, I moved the throttle to about 74% N1 and was able to maintain speed and altitude with occasional adjustments to the throttle. Worked  just fine.

I think you're missing a step somewhere.

Thanks for checking. That‘s how I do it as well and on my first few flights it worked. Quite possible that I‘m missing something, the problem is I have no idea what I‘m missing😅

17 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Thanks for checking. That‘s how I do it as well and on my first few flights it worked. Quite possible that I‘m missing something, the problem is I have no idea what I‘m missing😅

Try running through the tutorial again, or watching the dude's videos on youtube. Maybe there's a switch you're not turning on or something.

The CRJ is a really fun plane to fly. I just completed my flight and it's really cool to have to manage the throttle and really take charge of the plane. More fun than the A320 FBW for short flights.

• Like 1

I like CRJ even with all shortcomings. It feel like is one jet that force to use good piloting skill not just sit down and watch autopilot do all the job:)

By now I got pretty good hang on flows and power setting. SID/STAR down to minimum, no problem for me as became more proficient . I shoot my approaches mostly by hands on occasion I let autopilot do approaches but always take over at 1000 AGL.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

20 hours ago, bumpywindshear said:

Regarding the loading, atm you need to use the tablets enter button after using the arrow keys for the zero fuel weight. I would recommend atm, removing all weight from the plane before loading, then after adjusting using the tablet, only use 1 click on the send weight to aircraft button as otherwice cg seam to jump strange.

Thanks, I'll try that.

19 hours ago, sbczyz said:

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t get her to climb.

I took off from KJFK on my way to KDCA, and she stopped climbing around 3500. Alt was set at 320, there were no alt restrictions in the plan, no faults on CAS, everything done by the checklists.

If I put the throttles in Toga I could get her up to 8500, but no more. I had the AP engaged in Speed and Nav modes, and I tried changing my target airspeed but no joy.

Even disconnecting the AP, if I pitched up at all I’d just lose airspeed (and eventually altitude).

I suspect that you went to the settings menu or paused using the ESC key at some point. This does weird things in MSFS as recorded in detail elsewhere ie full flaps engaged and invisible speedbrakes activated. Deactivate the speedbrakes using keyboard command (Num / in my set up) and you should be able to get to speed and climb.

That's definitely possible. Before t/o I noticed on the exterior that the flaps were deployed fully, but the flap lever was at 0.

10 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Are you using a hardware axis to control spoilers by chance? If so I would recommend unbinding it and try flying without. The default MSFS spoiler axis does not “play well” with the CRJ. It can cause both flight and ground spoilers to deploy in the air, (instead of flight spoilers alone), and worse, can leave the spoilers aerodynamically deployed, but not visually, so you might not even know they are active and affecting the aircraft.

Thanks, Jim - I'll unbind.

Thanks everyone! I'll give it another go and see what happens!

respected captains and simmers

need help i am not able to popup the mfds and all.hoy to popup the mfd beacuse nothing is happening in mouse clicl

any help is much more app

thanku watting for help