Sign in to follow this  
jon b

X-plane Heavy Jets

Currently both the INI Airbus A300 and the flight factor professional range 757 and 767 are on sale.

15% off the INI A300 at inibulids.com,  and 25% off the flight factor Boeings at the .org store.

Personally I can't decide between the A300 and the 757, though I think the 757 is currently leading in the race  

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Buy one - enjoy it for 6 or so months - they'll both be on sale again at the end of the year - then buy the other. I expect the FF is more mature; the A300 may have relatively more bugs to be fixed in the interim

• Like 1

Hans Soule

1 minute ago, flibinite said:

Buy one - enjoy it for 6 or so months - they'll both be on sale again at the end of the year - then buy the other. I expect the FF is more mature; the A300 may have relatively more bugs to be fixed in the interim

Not really. The iniBuilds A300 came out very polished at start. It's a great out-of-the-box experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zicheng Cai

I see that you are a Boeing guy, so for that reason you can jump and go on the 757 x 767.

On the A300 you need to read the manual, still can jump and go but not as you would perform on the Boeing.

Previously qualified in real A300 and 767 and based on both software you mentioned I would buy the A300, more accurate on systems and overall. Plus that it might be a learning challenge and taste some features that we don't have in Boeing airplanes.

Good luck. 

Edited by killthespam
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, flibinite said:

Buy one - enjoy it for 6 or so months - they'll both be on sale again at the end of the year - then buy the other

I like your style 👍

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

Previously qualified in real A300 and 767 and based on both software you mentioned I would buy the A300, more accurate on systems and overall.

That’s interesting, thanks for that input.

I don’t go very far in my long haul sim jets, just local flights, approach and pattern work. I just enjoy flying big things with realistic handling.

The one thing making me hesitant about the A300 is the  upcoming A310 which is rumoured   to be a more advanced simulation. Those dusty screens do look good in the A300 though.

When I was growing up in the 80s the A300 and 757 were the big state of the art jets I used to drool over in books so I really like both.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Jon,
I don't know anything about the new A310.
On the A300 version of the software, they fixed a bunch of bugs and is not as annoying as it was before. To be honest with you it's not like PS1 (study material) so if you looking for such detail and as good as Aerowinx I would recommend FSLABS.

The A300 is fantastic IMHO. The FF 767 is okay but has required a number of user mods to make it more accurate and still has quite a few things that need to be corrected by the developer.

• Like 1

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Well, that decision was only ever going to go one way for me,..... so ended up with both, but just look at the money I've saved !

I'm very happy indeed with both aircraft they're really good and well worth their price, especially so in the sales.

I have to say though that A300 is in a class of it's own, it's simply stunning, an absolutely beautiful simulation.   

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Excellent, I find the A300 the way they designed the flight dynamics very close (on my setup), more likely B747-100 but a bit more efficient.

In winter time on the A300 from ETAR to KWRI we had to tech-stop in KBGR (based on payloads) while in A310 was non-stop.

I think that you will enjoy both. What was the second choice?

Best regards. 

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

What was the second choice?

If I had to choose just one it would be the A300 every time, such a great flightdeck in VR. Good recommendation thanks, I really like that era and style of early digital flightdeck.

The quality of the Flight factors 757 has impressed me though, so I'm quite hopeful their upcoming 787 will be a good one. 

787 captain.  

One of a few problems I had with the FF 757 and 767 was related to busting altitudes at lower values (3,000 x 4,000) after t.o. in VNAV and when creating a wpt  as a PBD I was not able to create another wpt using the new data from one created. As an example, BOS330/10 will create BOS01. If I tried to create another WPT from BOS01090/10 it will  not create BOS02 and will give me an error. Also, some intermittent issues creating PB/PB wpts. I wished they fixed those problems and hope that the 787 FMC will be able to replicate that.

Issue that for a real operator will drive me nuts.

Hi Jon,

I think that you might be on the road, when time permitting would you be so kind and check if Flight Factor 757x767 fixed my findings? I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing either one again but those items I mentioned would be a stopper for me.

Thanks!

Got called out from standby to cover in the sim , just got home now.  

Sure I’ll have a look tomorrow and let you know. I’ve not flown the 757 too much yet but so far I’ve been impressed by it.

My only issue is the scale of the fuel control switches in VR, they look way too small.

787 captain.  

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the issue regarding the VR.

I didn't try it yet, is it worth it?