Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Looking for a cirrus...

Guest Redvan

Is there a quality Cirrus for FSX? Payware preferably, unless there is a freeware of better quality.I'll be flying one when I get to western mich univ in a year to go through the flight program, so i'd like as accurate a model as possible.I have 50 hrs in a cessna 150, so no worries, I know about the differences of real life compared to sims :)

Guest Redvan

sweeeeet! $31... I'm willing to pay for that :) when i get the money... lol

Too bad you didnt ask before the 31st or you could have gotten a big discount. I just bought the sr20 before the end of the year and paid $19 for it. It's a very nice plane minus one quirk with the VC not showing up by default. The internal parachute is awesome.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

hello,I have all of the FSX Eaglesoft aircraft and they look great! One word of warning here - they are real frame killers on my system (AMD64 3500+ with 2 gigs of ram and 2 Nvidia 6800's in SLI mode). I use TWEAKFPS for FSX and still get only about 7 FPS at larger facilities. If I stay out of them and fly at small airports, the addons are terrific. Carenado 182 at the same airports runs at 20 FPS. Just my experience here - I still love them.Cheers,Ron Sagel

>It's a very nice plane minus>one quirk with the VC not showing up by default.Call it a "quirk" if you like, but that's simply because the 2d panel's gauges must be fully initialized before the model will allow the VC to be seen. This makes using the model with another panel and/or gauge system less attractive... ;)Thanks for the kind words, and I'm delighted you are enjoying it!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah i don't know why the cockpit does not show up without manual intervention but it is definitely odd at any rate. All of Eaglesoft's planes do run quite a bit slower than the defaults but they are imo THE best GA addons on the market. I love their xl2. Thankfully now i have a very fast system that can run them even in full city glory at 20-25fps. I would get 30-35fps in the default cessna in the same place so that gives you some idea of the level of frame rate hit you can expect with these planes. People with meagre systems need not apply, at least not until the fsx frame rate problems have been addressed.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Simply load any version except the VC only version and have 2D Panel seleceted in FSX and she loads fine. I have solid 25 FPS but do not run sliders to the right w/FSX:-)Edit: We believe the Westerm Michigan Program is already using our FS9 Cirrus as are a number of other Universities and Flight Training Programs:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Redvan

>My daughter did the flying program at Western-you will like>it a lot-though they didn't have Cirrus's when she did it...>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgyeah, they just got them, Lansing Community College (where I'm doin aviation maint right now) is supposed to get two of them out of a deal they're workin on with WMU or somethin...

I would love to do my training in an sr20 but nobody in my area uses them. They are too expensive would be my guess. That and the fuel burn compared to a 172. With the price of avgas these days i don't see how anyone can justify GA travel on anything that doesn't get a 6gph burn rate or less. It really is just getting too expensive to fly in machines like these unless you are ultra rich.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Actually, as new aircraft purchases go, Cirrus SR20 is relatively inexpensive compared to the typical new C172 or Piper Warrior.But they are composite, so the school must become familiar with this change for maintenance.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

You have to take everything into account. More gas but more knots-true the 172 will burn less fuel-but it will take much longer to get where you are going.I had to leave my Baron in Missouri a few weeks ago-they let me fly home in a 172 while repairs were being made. Took 4 hours 36 minutes flying time and required a fuel stop making the total trip about 6 1/2 hours.Same trip in the Baron took 2 hours and 36 minutes and no fuel stop.Sure 3 times the fuel-but half the flying time and almost 1/3 of the total time. Make the trip longer which I often do and the 172 may require an overnight hotel and food (at least lunch!) that the Baron won't-let alone direct routes over the Great Lakes in the twin which I would never do in a single-quite a distance/time saver there.If I put 4 people in the Baron-I can often beat the airlines-both in per person price, and speed (no airport check ins-no stops at hubs).Get a couple partners to share the total expenses and it can be quite doable.

Yeah well some day maybe if i had 5 or 6 guys go in with me on a used sr20. I could maybe plop down 30k on a plane max not to mention the monthly hangar/tie down fees, maintenance, fuel, fees, etc. I'd like to find a nice 60's cherokee 140 with low hours after overhaul and good modern avionics for around 40k and go partners with someone on it. Now that would be doable. A Cirrus sr20 has always been my dream plane though but not in this life i am afraid.

If it's a real dream, you should consider it. Check out if there are any http://www.airshareselite.com/ in your area. Back in 2001, I was considering getting a Cirrus myself. Another person as a partner would have made it a reality. At that time, it was less than $200,000 base for an SR20. About the cost of a vacation home. Unfortunately, that dream got delayed when life got in the way.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg