Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AAO and the latest MSFS: WASM module trouble

Hello @ll,

to all users of AxisAndOhs: like all other stand alone modules, the AAO WASM module will crash MSFS 1.15.7 (13.04.2021 simulator update). Please remove "lorbysi-content-hooks" from your Community folder or the simulator will not start at all.

Update: A work-around solution has been found, please check the posts below.

When the change in the WASM code was announced with the last simulator update, we were assured by Asobo that the change would not affect AAO. It obviously does, and in a very bad way.

At the moment we can't offer a solution. So accessing LVars or HVars through AAO is currently out of the question, but the rest of the app will function normally.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thats so unfortunate.   I'm not sure I can go back to flying MSFS without AAO.     I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with the developers changing how things work without warning. 

Hello @ll,

just a quick update: Asobo responded to my post in the official 3PD forum.

At the moment all standalone WASM - Modules are affected, not only the one from AAO. They promise to fix this problem ASAP.

As far as AAO is concerned, the app will still work. But you lose access to those fancy LVars and HVars.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

just a quick update: Asobo responded to my post in the official 3PD forum.

Do you have a link to this topic?

12 minutes ago, nas123 said:

Do you have a link to this topic?

Sorry, but no, that is a closed forum. There are only two posts in this thread anyway, mine, describing the issue and the one from Eric.

But I posted a screenshot of it in the AAO support thread in the "normal" MSFS forum (thread is called "AxisAndOhs Help and Questions"

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hope they can solved this issue fast as all wasm software are now grounded

I've spent all day researching how to bind some buttons on my throttle to the CRJ 700 autopilot. I finally narrowed it down to thinking AAO might be what I'm looking for. I was all excited to test out the demo to see if it works, when...hey, the world update...I should download that real quick. And now I can't test it.

Can I just ask? It's probably a stupid question, but it's been a frustrating day. I use a Thrusmaster T160000 in VR (Rift S). I can't look at the AP controls (speed, altitude, etc.) and at the values on the PFD at the same time, so I want to bind some controls on my throttle to the AP functions. Apparently, to do that, I need to change lvars or something with the Aerosoft CRJ. Is this the software I want to buy to do that? I mean, when Asobo fixes whatever they just broke?

I was a software engineer for 15 years, but it's been a while. If some programming or scripting is required, and there's some reference material, I should be able to pick it up pretty quickly. I'm just not used to all this new fangled code. 🙂

Thank you for any advice.

23 minutes ago, WhiskeyRiver said:

Thank you for any advice.

The app is still working, it is just the LVar and HVar part that is affected by the latest MSFS update. I would suggest that you try the demo version but remove "lorbysi-content-hooks" from your Community folder. AAO will continue to work normally, you just can't access the LVars and HVars (as hopefully will soon be the case when Asobo fixes the WASM logic).

The main autopilot functionality of the CRJ may not be all LVars, not sure. But you will have to try that (=just bind the default simulator events to your controls in AAO).

When things work again, you will have full access to everything. There are templates, profiles, Lvar names and scripts available on the Net in several places, so you don't have to figure out everything from scratch. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

just to be clear – the external AxisAndOhs app continues to work normally. Removing the WASM module “only” compromises the access to LVars and HVars, the standard simulator variables and events work the same as before. 

LORBY-SI

thanks , iam use p3d until this is sorted out , hope they fix it soon until then the MSFS is put in pause mode, 

Hello @ll,

I found a solution to make the AAO WASM module work again. But it is clunky and not for the faint of heart. The general idea is, that the WASM module is installed as an aircraft gauge instead of a stand alone module - and that must be done by (your) hand, for every aircraft that you want to use LVars/Hvars with.

This requires a new version of AAO, but the 2.06 is still in early stages, so I can only offer this to interested customers who want to take the plunge with a pre-release version.

If you are in desperate need of the LVar/HVar functionality and don't mind a bit of manual labor, please send me your proof of purchase and I will provide the new version and instructions about how to implement it. Email address is on the last page of the AAO manual.

From my personal point of view I'd rather wait for Asobo to fix the root cause of this problem, but I acknowledge that people are annoyed as *ell too.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

I want to make sure I understand "main AAO app will still work".  If I already have everything programmed as I wanted it, will the controls still work? Is it just the fetching of LVAR and HVAR data that is effected?  In other words, if I have an LVAR already programed on Button X of my HC Alpha, when I hit that button will it operate in the sim or just do noting without the WASM?

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

52 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I want to make sure I understand "main AAO app will still work".  If I already have everything programmed as I wanted it, will the controls still work? Is it just the fetching of LVAR and HVAR data that is effected?  In other words, if I have an LVAR already programed on Button X of my HC Alpha, when I hit that button will it operate in the sim or just do noting without the WASM?

It will do nothing WRT the LVars. You would need my workaround version 2.06, see my post above. That makes it fully functional again, but it requires a small bit of editing .json and .cfg files on your part.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

I found a solution to make the AAO WASM module work again. But it is clunky and not for the faint of heart. The general idea is, that the WASM module is installed as an aircraft gauge instead of a stand alone module - and that must be done by (your) hand, for every aircraft that you want to use LVars/Hvars with.

This requires a new version of AAO, but the 2.06 is still in early stages, so I can only offer this to interested customers who want to take the plunge with a pre-release version.

If you are in desperate need of the LVar/HVar functionality and don't mind a bit of manual labor, please send me your proof of purchase and I will provide the new version and instructions about how to implement it. Email address is on the last page of the AAO manual.

From my personal point of view I'd rather wait for Asobo to fix the root cause of this problem, but I acknowledge that people are annoyed as *ell too.

works like a charm, thanks you made my day