Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chock

C54

kNPY6Sp.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice one, like em !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

very nice!

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

Chock,

Whose model is that C-54 ?  And which simulator is it for ?

Would love to know.  My father flew C-54's during the war in the CBI theater.

Thanx !

Jeff

3 hours ago, FLNG said:

Chock,

Whose model is that C-54 ?  And which simulator is it for ?

Would love to know.  My father flew C-54's during the war in the CBI theater.

Thanx !

Jeff

That's the FSX/P3D Flight Replicas one (but it is in MSFS here). I repainted in that guise for the Save the Skymaster people who are currently restoring the real thing in the UK. The livery is what the real aeroplane is painted in, but that wasn't its original livery, it was painted up like that for a film about the Berlin Airlift which was never completed, then the plane was left abandoned for a long time before being donated to the team who are attempting to restore it. Originally the real aeroplane was a 'hospital' plane which was used to transport wounded. I'll be making a video about this aeroplane and another DC-4 variant for my youtube channel soon.

As noted, the flight sim model is this one. It's for FSX and P3D, but as you can see, it can be ported over to MSFS easily enough and it flies well in that sim too and everything appears to work okay although the cockpit is not 'clickable' when in MSFS, so you have to use keyboard shortcuts for most things, but you can probably make out that I've got the engine cowling flaps open for the climb out power, which does show that it's not really a big deal to have to assign a keyboard shortcut to stuff like that in MSFS.

It still looks pretty good in P3D or FSX, but obviously the lighting is better in MSFS, here it is in P3D V5. This is a good demonstration of how much better MSFS can look; the one you see below in P3D, is exactly the same plane with exactly the same textures as the one above in MSFS:

nUOS6sH.png

Alan Bradbury

Beautiful shot!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Great looking shot. 

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

This paint job is available to download from the library at flightsim.com here. I tried to upload it to Avsim's library, but it wouldn't recognise the zip file, whereas it went straight up to the other site.

Alan Bradbury

Lovely repaint of this classic, Alan, and, thanks for not forgetting FSX/P3D...🙂...! It sure looks much better, here, of course...!

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.