Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

GPS. You mentioned Carenado config files are in a locked location. Does that block use of GPS mods like the pms50-gns530 mod available on GitHub?  It seems to work in other models like the Mooney.

I haven’t bought this yet but I’d be surprised if it didn’t work with the various GPS mods.  I don’t think the files being locked has any bearing on that.  I haven’t come across an aircraft yet where the mods wouldn’t work.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

30 minutes ago, hangar said:

@Chock So which has better cross control on windy approaches, this new seneca or their pa44 seminole? (assuming you have flown both)

Not tried comparing the two (I do have both of them) but I should think it would be the Seneca since it has more weight so it probably has more inertia to overcome gusts.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I generally agree with you however I did purchase the Mooney there and have scooped up three or four of Ryan Butterworth's nice liveries over on TO.  And I see at least one Seneca livery is already posted.

image.png.c54aabe4dfd17ac7f5d98bec9a5a84ad.png

I actually bought it today and have been flying it non-stop. It's wonderful. It falls in to the turn better than any other aircraft in MSFS2020. Carenado appear to have upped their game.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

18 hours ago, CombatCustard said:

good grief you people are insufferable.

Sorry, but I fail to see why this bothers you so much. I personally avoid market place because files are encrypted, which makes airplanes a lot less useful for me:

- It is hard or impossible to add custom liveries. I paint liveries for my virtual flying group and had a hard time to get this done with the Carenado Cessna 182. A working livery even stopped working after the last update.

- I create load maps and configuration files for FSCaptain. With encrypted files, there are usually mismatches because the data used by a developer do not necessarily match those one finds on the web.

- I like to adjust fuel capacity and fuel flow so that they fit to the data used in FSEconomy. I can't do that with encrypted files.

I don't have a problem with buying sceneries from market place, but Carenado lost me as a customer because they only sell their airplanes there.

Peter

Chock,
Couple of questons about this Seneca.

GPS. You mentioned Carenado config files are in a locked location. Does that block use of GPS mods like the pms50-gns530 mod available on GitHub?  It seems to work in other models like the Mooney.

I can confirm that you can use the modded 530 in the Seneca.

2021-05-01-12-57-46-Microsoft-Flight-Sim

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

You mentioned Carenado config files are in a locked location. Does that block use of GPS mods like the pms50-gns530 mod available on GitHub? 

Generally speaking, any plane that uses the stock instruments will also automatically get the benefit of any mods of those instruments installed, whether is uses encrypted bundles or not.   You should be able to use the pimarc 530 in this just like you can in the Mooney, and just like you can use the WT G1000 in the 182.

49 minutes ago, espent said:

I can confirm that you can use the modded 530 in the Seneca.

2021-05-01-12-57-46-Microsoft-Flight-Sim

Does it steal any FPS at all - if so how many? -  I'm close to the edge on my old rig but would love to have this mod if my system can handle it.

19 hours ago, Dillon said:

At 165kts cruising speed it's no where near the Kingair.

Wow! That's considerably slower than a Baron or 310.  Hummm!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Wow! That's considerably slower than a Baron or 310.  Hummm!

Speed ain't everything. The King Air is a clanky piece of metal hell-bent on crumpling itself in to the ground.

The Seneca is a flying machine. 

I'll take the speed hit. She flies beautifully.

And I know I mentioned it before but the way it falls in to the turn is absolutely how it feels on the real thing. First time I experienced it in MSFS2020.

Just go and fly it. It's Full On and really very good.

• Upvote 1

My lettering on the panel is all blurry and 'orrible in VR - just on the Seneca - nice and crisp on all other planes. What I done wrong in settings? This on a 3090 with a Reverb G2, most settings on ultra, resolution in oxr and sim both at 100. 

Please write... 

Oh sorry. I'll post this on the VR subforum. 

32 minutes ago, saifs said:

My lettering on the panel is all blurry and 'orrible in VR - just on the Seneca - nice and crisp on all other planes. What I done wrong in settings? This on a 3090 with a Reverb G2, most settings on ultra, resolution in oxr and sim both at 100. 

Please write... 

Oh sorry. I'll post this on the VR subforum. 

You've quoted me, but erroneously (wrongly) that I'm in Virtual Reality - which I'm not - I'm on a 34" curved screen monitor with Track IR.

What do you want?

Actually, don't tell me - you're trolling man. So, Bye Bye.

52 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Speed ain't everything. The King Air is a clanky piece of metal hell-bent on crumpling itself in to the ground.

That's why when I need speed and distance I fly the TDv2.  And isn't the C90B considered a King Air?  It was pretty darn good!  You are right.  In MSFS we need a faster but leaner T-twin.
Denver%20AM%20%287%29-M.jpg

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

You've quoted me,

I never quoted you. I just borrowed your words (thank you!) which so very eloquently described the exact problem I have with the Seneca. The panel lettering and gauges are a blurry mess in VR (for me. I fly exclusively in VR, never said that you do). All other planes are just fine, except maybe the Seminole, which also suffers from the same issue in VR. Guess it's a Carenado thing. 

Like I said, I'll take it up in the VR subsection. 

Chill. It's all good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saifs said:

I never quoted you. I just borrowed your words (thank you!) which so very eloquently described the exact problem I have with the Seneca. The panel lettering and gauges are a blurry mess in VR (for me. I fly exclusively in VR, never said that you do). All other planes are just fine, except maybe the Seminole, which also suffers from the same issue in VR. Guess it's a Carenado thing. 

Like I said, I'll take it up in the VR subsection. 

Chill. It's all good. 

Yep, it's all chill. Go, my brethren - to the VR Sub-Forum and all will be revealed I am sure.

I haven't gone the VR route in MSFS2020 - which is kind of strange as I spend a lot of time in VR environments as part of my real job (Film and TV Industry) so it's almost like I try and avoid it for my leisure flying activities. (Between you and I, I have checked it out and it's getting there but in terms of being full on it has a long, long way to go)

We'll all see each other (or our Avatars) one day in a World comprising only of VR and AI.

It'll be scary but very real - and we'll just have to cope with it.

6 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

We'll all see each other (or our Avatars) one day in a World comprising only of VR and AI.

Guess we already are thanks to Covid