Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Issue with New Nvidia Driver and PMDG NGXu

I Just installed the new Nvidia driver and then fired up P3dv5 and the NGXu. The sound in and out of the cockpit was so loud I couldn’t here my radio. Changing the volume had no impact on the sound, either via the computer volume or the volume options in the FMC. Once I reverted back to the previous driver, the problem went away. Very strange, but had to be the driver. Incidentally, this was not an issue with the PMDG 777, but clearly it was the driver clashing with the NGXu. I’m curious if anyone else experienced this.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I took a chance a installed this new driver, now my P3D crashes during startup. I think it has something to do with AFLT not being compatible with this new driver because I get a error message from AFLT after the sim crashes.

What is "AFLT"?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Now I don't think it is the latest driver version that is causing my sim to crash. I rolled back my drivers and my sim is still crashing.

1 hour ago, Joseph29 said:

Now I don't think it is the latest driver version that is causing my sim to crash. I rolled back my drivers and my sim is still crashing.

You may want to delete your shader cache, see if that helps things.

If that doesn't help, did you do a clean install of the driver?

Also, even if you did...sometimes as a last resort you may have to use a utility like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to get all of the old driver out.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

You may want to delete your shader cache, see if that helps things.

If that doesn't help, did you do a clean install of the driver?

Also, even if you did...sometimes as a last resort you may have to use a utility like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to get all of the old driver out.

I am a bit embarrassed to say this but all I just restarted the computer and that fixed the sim crashing. And the new Nvidia driver is working fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I am a bit embarrassed to say this but all I just restarted the computer and that fixed the sim crashing. And the new Nvidia driver is working fine.

No need to feel embarrassed. Thanks for sharing this and glad to see there are no issues atm.

I am also running P3D with the 466.47 GRD driver without any issues.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

hmm i also find the VC audio from the avionics blower way to loud. 

Did not suspect drivers from Nvidia though

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have a similar issue (like no NWS, no indications on the MCDU) with the PMDG after installing the new driver466.27.

Restarting my PC didn't solve the issue.

7 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

hmm i also find the VC audio from the avionics blower way to loud. 

Did not suspect drivers from Nvidia though

Michael Moe

Did you install the Nvidia HD Audio Driver also? I did not do this and have no sound issues at all.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have a similar issue (like no NWS, no indications on the MCDU) with the PMDG after installing the new driver466.27.

Restarting my PC didn't solve the issue.

Solution:

P3D crashed every time immediately after starting a flight. I had to perform a system recovery to 4 days back in time to get P3D running again!

I think 466.27 is the previous driver version, and 466.47 is the latest version. Once I rolled back to the previous version the sound issue was gone. Also, I wasn’t aware there was an audio driver but I didn’t install one to my knowledge.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

466.47 also gave me crashes after the Loading reached 100% (no PMDG product installed).
Reverted back and it works again

Edited by BestPlane

Manuel Miller

49 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I think 466.27 is the previous driver version, and 466.47 is the latest version. Once I rolled back to the previous version the sound issue was gone. Also, I wasn’t aware there was an audio driver but I didn’t install one to my knowledge.

Cheers, Pete

466.27 is perhaps the BEST driver I can ever remember having.  I fly V5 smoothly with no stutters and beautifully completed flights.  I will be reluctant to change to the new one.  I don't know what makes this driver so reliable and consistent, but it is!  I have almost all my sliders to the right and even my road traffic is at 80%.  I also use UT Traffic Live and this driver compatibly delivers.  Now, Windows 10 had 2 major updates during the time I'm using this driver, and maybe that has something to do with this driver working so well.  My computer company, Jetline, also remotely connected to my computer, and the technician, Ken, deleted lots of garbage and temporary files from my system.  Additionally, he checked the overall health of the system with his diagnostic tools.  Computer now runs like new, and this 466.27 driver works flawlessly.

Stan

• Like 2