Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Belly Landings

I didn't think MSFS would even allow it, but tonight I made a belly landing in the Longitude.  I was surprised.  So a bit later, I tried it again at another field, same aircraft.  Crash!  Very odd.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Generally you slide in if you are in dev mode or have crashes disabled but go to a black screen and crash if detection is enabled.

The P149 did originally have a feature where it let you slide in and you bent the prop but they seemed to have disabled that for some reason.

The Bonanza would let you do it at least back in December.  I learned by experience.  Someone modeled a great metal screeching/scraping sound too.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I did an unintended belly landing in the CRJ a few weeks ago (forgot to lower the gear). No idea what my settings were but it worked, i.e. no crash.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Hmm, tried again this AM at KSFO and was able to scrape it in.  I guess if you land smooth enough...

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Hmm, tried again this AM at KSFO and was able to scrape it in.  I guess if you land smooth enough...

yep  its all down to the vertical speed on landing even with crash detection on....   once you have landed like that  then you get to throw the keys at the airport maintenence team and say..  fix her up, I'll be back tomorrow 🙂

Graham

• Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

It's my primary mode of landing.  If only I could practice the gear up take-off now I would have the full set! 😀

I was surprised by the Piaggio actually (still enjoying it)  I pan-caked it down on the grass (simulating an engine failure) and was surprised to survive it without a black screen, and see the bent prop! 

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I play with failures enabled and had a electric systems failure in the tbm a few miles form my destination in the Mexican mountains. 

This means: no instruments, apart from the compass in the middle, no gear down or flaps down possible, no atc. I found my destination visually somehow and circled it while having fragile cargo by Onair in the back. I came in way too fast since I could not see how fast I was and didn't want to risk stalling in the high altitude and without flaps. Crashes were enabled of course and I overshot the runway and went into some trees, which luckily didn't trigger a crash. And all that in VR.

So yeah.... belly landings are totally possible. 

• Like 3

The recent payware Skyhawk which I reviewed here, can make a belly landing on its drop tanks, which is something the real aeroplane was designed to do.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

t's my primary mode of landing.  If only I could practice the gear up take-off now I would have the full set! 😀

That's easy. Hit the Y key, then F4 a few times then Y again and go.  🙂 

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've done a few since posting this, not all intentional.

I just landed in the longitude with the gear up...oops!