Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane Technology Preview One

14 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Well, there must not be much money going around because there hasn't been much development over the past few years.

XP has a very specific target audience; namely companies like:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=607813266851606

and each of them will have spent more money on dev than the entire MSFS budget.

14 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

when you refuse to spend $$$ marketing on your "stale" product.

Marketing and advertisements are generally only needed for substandard products that don't sell themselves on their own merits. Change my mind.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

XP has a very specific target audience; namely companies like:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=607813266851606

and each of them will have spent more money on dev than the entire MSFS budget.

I know, I know...more "baseless" comparisons to MSFS. Man I tell you, they should rename this section of the forum on Avsim.

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Marketing and advertisements are only needed for substandard products that don't sell themselves. Change my mind.

I don't need to change your mind, a basic 101 business course at a community college will refute that statement.

What does "sell" when all else fails is controversy,...and that is why you see Austin mudslinging in the comment section of his teaser vid (with less than 100k views).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Wow, this thread is about a "low viewed" teaser vid where XP is trying to catch up...I like the contradictions...keep em coming...

I got you guys, I speak some "neener-neener", might be a bit rusty since it's been years since kindergarten, but I believe the message coming through the last few pages is very simple:

"STOP. ENJOYING. X-PLANE.

Stop doing that. What are you doing?! Cut it out."

I believe this message will auto-repeat until you have complied (or until morale deteriorates sufficiently).

11 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

comparisons to MSFS

actually it was more a "comparison" with the "microsofts unlimited budget" comments banded around, it could have been any other software whose average customer is spending less than $300 million each on R&D.

perhaps you should come back to MSFS when NASA replace

https://software.nasa.gov/software/ARC-17185-1

with it.

11 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

and that is why you see Austin mudslinging in the comment section

I already asked for an example, is there any other reason that you don't have one yet other than there actually isn't one.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

One day it would be really nice to come to the XPlane forums and read people’s thoughts and reactions to the (good) development news about XPlane, and not the same 4 or 5 insecure men-children who can’t process anything about XPlane without comparing it to MSFS (of course without actually having tried MSFS), and without actively tagging people from other forums and inviting them in here to troll them.

If I were some of you I would be REALLY curious about why I just couldn’t stop talking about MSFS in the XP forums.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

14 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I just couldn’t stop talking about MSFS in the XP forums.

Because they are the two world leading flight simulators in the consumer market space.

Anything else would be like trying to talk about Android phones while pretending Apple dont exist, or NVidia while pretending AMD doesn't exist.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

28 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

One day it would be really nice to come to the XPlane forums and read people’s thoughts and reactions to the (good) development news about XPlane, and not the same 4 or 5 insecure men-children who can’t process anything about XPlane without comparing it to MSFS (of course without actually having tried MSFS), and without actively tagging people from other forums and inviting them in here to troll them.

If I were some of you I would be REALLY curious about why I just couldn’t stop talking about MSFS in the XP forums.

Thank you for writing this!
I think some of the local residents of this section are even detrimental to the development of X-plane by alienating possible buyers with their closed minded view of things.

It is fantastic that Austin and LR are out there and provide us with an alternative approach to flight simulation but we should also be able to provide constructive criticisms without being marked as trolls or haters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peroni said:

with their closed minded view of things.

for example?

AutoATC Developer

31 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Anything else would be like trying to talk about Android phones while pretending Apple dont exist, or NVidia while pretending AMD doesn't exist.

Very possible to do (I’m currently enjoying talking about using Apple’s new lossless music on phones on other forums without a sniff of Android anywhere), and absolutely possible to do without tagging people from other forums to bait them in over comments made over a year ago.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Very possible to do (I’m currently enjoying talking about using Apple’s new lossless music on phones on other forums without a sniff of Android anywhere), and absolutely possible to do without tagging people from other forums to bait them in over comments made over a year ago.

very common on the forums of the inferior product where they are afraid to talk about the competition.

I dont think LR have anything to fear from talking openly about why they are superior and have superior plans than the competition, it seems neither does Austin.

The competition, on the other hand..... good grief its fun watching their lies tie them up in knots before they run off to their safe space.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Just now, mSparks said:

The competition, in the other hand..... good grief its fun watching their lies tie them up in knots.

QED

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Are you blind or what? The thread was going well for a few posts until ALWAYS THE SAME COUPLE OF MSFS FANS started doing the comparison with MSFS and the "it's too late (with respect to MSFS)" and the "it hasn't got 1 million views (as the MSFS previews)" and the likes.

BLAME THEM for always disrupting threads in the XP forum and eliciting comparisons with MSFS, not XP users.

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 8

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

27 minutes ago, Murmur said:

BLAME THEM for always disrupting threads in the XP forum and eliciting comparisons with MSFS, not XP users.

Who was the first person to mention MSFS in this thread?

4 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Are you blind or what? The thread was going well for a few posts until ALWAYS THE SAME COUPLE OF MSFS FANS started doing the comparison with MSFS and the "it's too late (with respect to MSFS)" and the "it hasn't got 1 million views (as the MSFS previews)" and the likes.

Some people are always threatened by legitimate competition that won't go away.  And they'll do and say anything to bring it down...as if they have some kind of influence.  The truth is, no matter how many views a video has, Austin is raking in the millions, with very few overheads, from a platform that has remained in business for the better part of 3 decades.  He doesn't pin his future on a youtube video view count.  That'd just be stupid.  

@jarmstro I know exactly how you feel.  After seeing how toxic some of the MSFS community is (RIP X-Plane/Austin will need to see a psychiatrist when MSFS comes out, etc...) I'm completely turned off MSFS and refuse to make anything for it.  No matter how big the carrot is that dangles in front of me.

And to top all this off, I just came across this:

https://austinmeyer.com/ok-this-is-just-plain-funny/

I had to laugh.

• Upvote 1