Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

About MSFS at the moment

For me MSFS2020 is getting better, changed sceneries often yesterday with no CTD's (that is where they usually occurred).

Who knows, maybe DX12 will make MSFS2020 more efficient...and eventually Ai traffic will work properly (no more European A320's at US Airports, etc).

Darryl 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Having another great flight in the Coranado Seneca over Montana at 60 fps.  Yes the sim is coming along nicely what more can I say.

As long as the XP / P3D comparisons cease and desist I'll be a happy camper. 🤣

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Im getting CTD’s with absolutely no third party downloads. Brand new computer. 3080. I711000. It’ll crash in the middle of nowhere in a default plane. It’s driving me crazy. Everything is updated. Doesn’t make any sense. 

@Bdub22 I feel your pain, same thing happened to me. Weirdly it was to do with the USB connections. (Possibly). My yoke, pedals, controller, mouse and keyboard plus Track ir have now had their USB ports manually powered in the settings. In other words I turned off the option of Windows 10 allowing them to power down automatically etc. (there’s various options in Windows settings that a google search can explain).  It might be fluke but not one CTD since. (2 months now). However be wary that doing this doesn’t help with sending the PC into sleep state as when trying to wake again Windows can’t start the keyboard etc. Answer ... don’t use sleep mode !

Anyway, just my input (no pun intended)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

That's great! I am having the oposite experience. I often get crashes and it is spoiling my enjoyment. 

Same here. 

I get CTD at most airports, if I start my flight there, or on short final if I fly into it.

MSFS is mostly unusable for me since the last update. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

6 hours ago, Beanoutback said:

@Bdub22 I feel your pain, same thing happened to me. Weirdly it was to do with the USB connections. (Possibly). My yoke, pedals, controller, mouse and keyboard plus Track ir have now had their USB ports manually powered in the settings. In other words I turned off the option of Windows 10 allowing them to power down automatically etc. (there’s various options in Windows settings that a google search can explain).  It might be fluke but not one CTD since. (2 months now). However be wary that doing this doesn’t help with sending the PC into sleep state as when trying to wake again Windows can’t start the keyboard etc. Answer ... don’t use sleep mode !

Anyway, just my input (no pun intended)

Thanks man. I’ll give this a try tomorrow and hope that it helps. 

5 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Same here. 

I get CTD at most airports, if I start my flight there, or on short final if I fly into it.

MSFS is mostly unusable for me since the last update. 

If I do get CTD's in multiplayer mode I usually get them when close to my destination airport. To be fair I get them when there are a lot of people flying because I like flying along with streamers like Twotonemurphy on Twitch and YouTube, who is great, plus he has a fantastic Irish accent, and is very entertaining with his mix of sense of humour and serious swimming. I recommend it to anyone who is interested.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

8 hours ago, eaim said:

If I do get CTD's in multiplayer mode I usually get them when close to my destination airport. To be fair I get them when there are a lot of people flying because I like flying along with streamers like Twotonemurphy on Twitch and YouTube, who is great, plus he has a fantastic Irish accent, and is very entertaining with his mix of sense of humour and serious swimming. I recommend it to anyone who is interested.

Thanks for the tip, but I've already turned off multiplayer and AI traffic, as well as using clear skies preset weather. 

I still get the CTDs at most airports, both modded and stock airports. This makes me think there's missing objects for the scenery to load or something like that. And since it happens on stock airports as well, it's likely something in the simulator itself, not in the Community folder.

The whole CTD issue started happening after the last update. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

35 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Thanks for the tip, but I've already turned off multiplayer and AI traffic, as well as using clear skies preset weather. 

I still get the CTDs at most airports, both modded and stock airports. This makes me think there's missing objects for the scenery to load or something like that. And since it happens on stock airports as well, it's likely something in the simulator itself, not in the Community folder.

The whole CTD issue started happening after the last update. 

Or it could be hardware, av or some other software issues. I have over 300 gb of addons in my community folder brand new pc built last year, i7 10700k oc to 5.1ghz, 2080 super, 3.5tb nvme and ssd, 64gb ram. I've had a few ctd because of addons but it's been very stable. I can fly for hrs and no crashes. What I do to stress test too is setting unlimited fuel and just put the plan in ap and let it fly when I go to bed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Or it could be hardware, av or some other software issues. I have over 300 gb of addons in my community folder brand new pc built last year, i7 10700k oc to 5.1ghz, 2080 super, 3.5tb nvme and ssd, 64gb ram. I've had a few ctd because of addons but it's been very stable. I can fly for hrs and no crashes. What I do to stress test too is setting unlimited fuel and just put the plan in ap and let it fly when I go to bed. 

Thank you. 

I don't think it's hardware since it literally happened with the last software update to MSFS. And I'm not the only one who's experiencing it. 

Previously I've rarely ever had any CTDs either, it's been fairly stable.

Interesting way of stress testing the sim though! 😄

17 hours ago, Republic3D said:

What I do to stress test too is setting unlimited fuel and just put the plan in ap and let it fly when I go to bed. 

That not a bad idea actually. I've had CTDs in MSFS that I believe can be hardware/OC related, despite hours of stress testing in different software. But I guess the most demanding situations in the sim is in approach/landing scenarious. in particular when flying into large metropolitan areas (especially photogrammetry) / huge airports with lots of AI/MP traffic. In those situations it might be possible to record using flight recorder or similar and set to and endless loop. 

I've had CTDs in other games recently too, so perhaps my OC that I thought was stable has not been so stable after all. I'm going to try for a while with stock settings. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”