Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

PMDG DC-6 performances

I have a 2018 gaming laptop with an i7-8750H CPU and a GTX 1060 GPU with 3GB VRAM. I can get up to 30 fps depending on location in most of the default aircraft with MSFS at high settings. Are there any default aircraft that are similar to the DC-6 in terms of performance? For example, how does the TBM 930 compare to the DC-6?

For me the DC6 performs worse compared to the default TBM or the AS CRJ. But I'm in VR exclusively so nothing to go by for flat screeners I suppose. I am still searching for the specifics of the lower performance, hope I can find it.

Tried three flights this morning, and frankly, I am a bit disappointed. The trim in the Gyro Pilot for altitude, gets erratic and climb rate goes from 1500 fpm to down 600 fpm and bounces back and forth. Then the gyro pilot disconnects. Back to the Seminole for now. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

44 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I am happy with the performance when it comes to fps. I have yet to conclude a trip without a CTD though. Im in the middle of troubleshooting that. 

you have to approach that very piece by piece, like vanilla, no extra hardware attached, no mp, no live weather taffic, these are all changing parameters.  and yes this can be a real chore. (maybe dial settings a lil back).

for me the sim is rockstable for hours. but i am not gonna fly at klax region, i know the limits of my system.

heathrow goes okish. altogether very happy.

17 minutes ago, MSFSFlyer21 said:

I have a 2018 gaming laptop with an i7-8750H CPU and a GTX 1060 GPU with 3GB VRAM. I can get up to 30 fps depending on location in most of the default aircraft with MSFS at high settings. Are there any default aircraft that are similar to the DC-6 in terms of performance? For example, how does the TBM 930 compare to the DC-6?

this is a difficult one, the 3 gb vram might become an issue.

i run ok on lower specs but have 4 gb vram.   hmm i had more issues with the freeware heli, maybe try that one?

that one causes stutters  for me.

ah ok, well thats good news then in a way, its not on your side then.

i do hope we see a quick fix, but , but , it might be not so easy,,,hope i am wrong there.

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Okay, here you go with some exact numbers, and examples:

So in conclusion, if you can run stuff like the Flying Iron Spitfire, Milviz Corsair or Big Radials P-40, you will be okay with this thing.

Thank you for taking the time of this long post. You convinced me to give it a go  ! Entering the cockpit in Nice LFMN right now 😉.  And thanks to others in this thread too.

Now back to the video tutorials ! 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am enjoying the DC6 aswell and it runs smooth most of the time. Out of curiosity I enabled the ingame FPS window to compare it to my other payware addons like the CRJ. The DC6 is about 5 fps heavier and is limited by main thread (9700k). This is only when in cockpit and with engines running. All other addons I have are limited by GPU (RTX2070).
Luckily I don’t really „feel“ the difference and it runs smooth so I am not complaining. This information might help others or even the devs to check if there can be some optimization done. 

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Tried three flights this morning, and frankly, I am a bit disappointed. The trim in the Gyro Pilot for altitude, gets erratic and climb rate goes from 1500 fpm to down 600 fpm and bounces back and forth. Then the gyro pilot disconnects. Back to the Seminole for now. 

OK, found out I was causing this issue with the Gyro Pilot. Adjustments have to be made slowly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think you are using the wrong trim wheel, there is another two just above and to the left and right of the elevator engage switch and auto pilot switch, engage the elevator switch, when level flight is achieved disengage it then turn one of the wheels to climb or dive.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Pour a drink and spend a few hours with the manuals and videos- it's very informative.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

My fps in the cockpit is 10-15 fps low than outside view. Especially at the airports, I see below 20, like a slide show

9700k, rtx3070, 1080p, 32gb ram

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

40 minutes ago, cenkcnk said:

My fps in the cockpit is 10-15 fps low than outside view. Especially at the airports, I see below 20, like a slide show

9700k, rtx3070, 1080p, 32gb ram

i have an amd 5 2600 and nvidia 1050ti, 16 gigs of ram, i have between 25 and 30 in the cockpit.

i find it amasing how it performs on my low system.

you need to put your settings lower.

Edited by wim123
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, cavaricooper said:

Pour a drink and spend a few hours with the manuals and videos- it's very informative.

I have been reading about "problems" with the DC6 on two different forums. 95% of them could be solved by the person with the problem spending some time and watching  the tutorial videos. 

• Like 1