Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Review: Kai Tak 1998 The Last Days Are Back

This is an awesome airport. Whenever i fly to Hong Kong i never even bother to use VHHH, i always land in VHHX, much nicer and, on top of that, challenging.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

33 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This is an awesome airport. Whenever i fly to Hong Kong i never even bother to use VHHH, i always land in VHHX, much nicer and, on top of that, challenging.

Hey Nuno, already 100% in MFS ? Waiting Fénix ? 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Hey Nuno, already 100% in MFS ? Waiting Fénix ? 

No, there's no proper aircraft yet. I will move on once there's a good long hauler and maybe two good short-haulers one of them being the 737 from PMDG most surely. Fenix is vaporware as of now, but if it delivers what it claims, might well be "the" Airbus in MSFS.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

After further review, I have to admit that without AI & static models, I prefer freeware with the samscene fix. I hope the dev can add the AI. I sent @mrueedi a PM.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, bigmike said:

Is it possible to get some traffic?

I second that: for previous versions (FS9 to P3D) I could reroute AI traffic and recompile the required BGLs. Has someone managed to do so in AIG AIM for MSFS?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

5 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I second that: for previous versions (FS9 to P3D) I could reroute AI traffic and recompile the required BGLs. Has someone managed to do so in AIG AIM for MSFS?

Yes that would be great to get AI traffic to use the airport as well!

Chris Camp

19 hours ago, DJJose said:

After further review, I have to admit that without AI & static models, I prefer freeware with the samscene fix. I hope the dev can add the AI.

Thanks for your interest in my scenery and your ideas for improvements!

Static aircraft in a scenery is a bit of a doubled edged sword, because you cant use the blocked parking spots anymore for yourself (and you need to know, which parking spots are free when creating a flight) and tend to run into issues when doing VATSIM flights. So my question is what do you guys prefer?

As I assume that you guys prefer choice, let me elaborate a bit about options:

• There is a package for static aircraft from the AIG package on flightsim.to. I have checked it with my scenery and it is better than nothing, but the aircraft placement is not 100% matching the layout of my scenery. And you need to have installed AIG to use it.
  • If you wish, I can create a likewise package for Kai Tak 1998. You would still be required to install AIG to use it (and within AIG the airlines I would pick the aircraft from!)
  • For moving AI traffic, I am at the moment checking the options I have:
    1. Maybe an AIG based setup works. I am pretty sure, no IGS13 approaches could be done that way in MSFS.
    2. The second option would be an own tool, that spawns ATC controlled ai aircraft the same like AIG way via SimConnect. Also here, IGS13 is not expected to work. 
    3. The third option would be a super duper tool, that controls the aircraft similar to the way a replay tool would. This is the only option, for which I could implement the IGS13 approach.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrueedi said:

Static aircraft in a scenery is a bit of a doubled edged sword, because you cant use the blocked parking spots anymore for yourself (and you need to know, which parking spots are free when creating a flight) and tend to run into issues when doing VATSIM flights. So my question is what do you guys prefer?

As I assume that you guys prefer choice, let me elaborate a bit about options:

• There is a package for static aircraft from the AIG package on flightsim.to. I have checked it with my scenery and it is better than nothing, but the aircraft placement is not 100% matching the layout of my scenery. And you need to have installed AIG to use it.
  • If you wish, I can create a likewise package for Kai Tak 1998. You would still be required to install AIG to use it (and within AIG the airlines I would pick the aircraft from!)
  • For moving AI traffic, I am at the moment checking the options I have:
    1. Maybe an AIG based setup works. I am pretty sure, no IGS13 approaches could be done that way in MSFS.
    2. The second option would be an own tool, that spawns ATC controlled ai aircraft the same like AIG way via SimConnect. Also here, IGS13 is not expected to work. 
    3. The third option would be a super duper tool, that controls the aircraft similar to the way a replay tool would. This is the only option, for which I could implement the IGS13 approach.

What do you think?

I have AS Simple Traffic and with the freeware version there are static airliners and AI at the gates.

https://flightsim.to/file/4713/hong-kong-kai-tak

I would prefer something that would work with default which would mean AS ST compatibility.

An AIG version is also a good idea. AIG models are much better but a pain to update. AIG is still in beta but many users are enjoying it. I need to try AIG again to test AIG TC and with win 7 compatibility as another member suggested.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, mrueedi said:

I'm already a customer. 😀

I bought it at simmarket a few days ago.

"For moving AI traffic, I am at the moment checking the options I have:

3. The third option would be a super duper tool, that controls the aircraft similar to the way a replay tool would. This is the only option, for which I could implement the IGS13 approach."

For me-----please no AIG,for the moment i use AS SimpleTraffic.

A stand alone Tool would be nice.

Mike

Edited by bigmike
  • Like 1

AS SimpleTraffic seems difficult, because that tool seems to just modify the default AI aircraft to "wear" real life liveries. It does not extend the network of the ai airlines to airports which are unavailable in default (like Kai Tak).

But here is my fresh-from-the-press static aircraft addon, which brings great realism (aircraft types and airlines from 1998) and which will be deployed to flightsim.to shortly. The aircraft are from AIG though:spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

AS SimpleTraffic seems difficult, because that tool seems to just modify the default AI aircraft to "wear" real life liveries. It does not extend the network of the ai airlines to airports which are unavailable in default (like Kai Tak).

But here is my fresh-from-the-press static aircraft addon, which brings great realism (aircraft types and airlines from 1998) and which will be deployed to flightsim.to shortly. The aircraft are from AIG though:spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks! I want this ASAP.

I'm hoping that you can also include the option for default since that's what the freeware has and ST works fine.

Nice work!