Sign in to follow this  
Papa Golf

What else am I missing?

I just came across the option in SODE which allows jetways to operate for AI aircraft. One simple option and wow, airports are so much more realistic now! Are there any similar 'options' in P3D or add-ons like ActiveSky, Chaseplane, etc. that are not that well known, but you think people should know about?

Peter Gordon

Edited by retepnodrog
Added name

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

Not really gamechanging, but I like to have "Enable detailed clouds" on ActiveSky when I use Volumetric Clouds, makes them look nicer in my opinion.

Also on ActiveSky, I use VATSIM's weather data so I have the same as the controller.

Edited by roostbrood
  • Like 1

In GSX select the setting to always refuel progressively and then (with PMDG aircraft and other non FSLabs aircraft) enter the required fuel amount into the aircraft *after* you have called for refuelling in GSX when the truck is in position. GSX should then send an appropriate sized fuel truck and, if necessary, you will get a 2nd truck where a lot of fuel is requested and there is no underground fuel tank. The amount of time the trucks stay by the aircraft will match the amount of fuel requested.

Edited by simfan1983
  • Like 3

If you have ActiveSky you can tune your aircraft radio to receive ATIS information:
122.00 for Closest ATIS position

122.025 for Destination ATIS

• Like 3

Thanks @simfan1983 and @roostbrood, these are great and will improve immersion/realism that bit more

Pete Gordon

I had read that jetways for AI can also impacted frame rates especially if you have your AI slider way to the right so caution is advised there but it is a nice feature as Papa Golf mentioned.

As for something you may not be aware of, I recently stumbled on this site for weather and use this for IFR flight planning before I launch the sim. Just use the URL and then add the appropriate ICAO airport identifier at the end.

It gives a nice pictorial view of the weather  and tells you which runways are in operation.

https://metar-taf.com/RKSI

I will also plug here the freeware ATC API tool, which is a great utility from Federico that manages all your AI aircraft on approach and departure from your selected airport.Read up on its full capabilities in this forum.

• Like 6

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, 787flyer said:

Thanks 787? This site has all the info i need for how I fly. Stick it right beside ActiveSky.

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

@Papa Golf, how about a decent free ATC program?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

More great suggestions to try! @787flyerIve not noticed a drop in frames while the jetways connect to the AI. However this may be being masked by the 10 minutes longer it takes to prepare for a flight as I get distracted easily in external view and watch all the jetway activity nearby!

• Like 1

Pete Gordon

On 7/10/2021 at 12:17 AM, Papa Golf said:

I just came across the option in SODE which allows jetways to operate for AI aircraft. One simple option and wow, airports are so much more realistic now! Are there any similar 'options' in P3D or add-ons like ActiveSky, Chaseplane, etc. that are not that well known, but you think people should know about?

Peter Gordon

AI jetways, how?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

On 7/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, roostbrood said:

Not really gamechanging, but I like to have "Enable detailed clouds" on ActiveSky when I use Volumetric Clouds, makes them look nicer in my opinion.

Also on ActiveSky, I use VATSIM's weather data so I have the same as the controller.

According to the ActiveSky documentation the "Enable Detailed Clouds" option is only for P3D v5.1 and not P3D v5.0 or P3D v5.2.

21 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

AI jetways, how?

@IanHarrison - In SODE, go to the Tools > Settings and set the Enable AI Traffic Detection option to True

• Like 2

Pete Gordon