Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

MSFS is Heating Up

This sim is really heating up. Not only the performance patch incoming this month but a high fidelity Airbus and PC-24 in the works as well. I am always on the lookout for quality airliners and Jets. Is any developer working on a 737-Max?!  Pmdg?

I also saw in a recent update I think the 5th top most voted feature was the Scenery Gateway. If they could get that into the sim and so that users can use all the great freeware available on sites like flightsim.to, that would be huge. During the Alpha testing last year I suggested an approach for this, because you want to let people rate freeware addons to give developers the credit, and if two or more developers make the same airport, the one with the highest ratings should be streamed into the sim.

Greazer.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Yup I don't think the naysayers are ready for it. It will be a little "goal post" moving for sure. Only thing about gateway are some  of the scenery on flightsim.to scanned by Google" could be a conflict there with legality in the Marketplace.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yup I don't think the naysayers are ready for it. It will be a little "goal post" moving for sure. Only thing about gateway are some  of the scenery on flightsim.to scanned by Google" could be a conflict there with legality in the Marketplace.

Good point, there would need to be Admin people to review addons before they go live, in order to prevent those infringements. Once the system is in place imagine how good it will be. No longer needing to search for and install all the great Freeware.

• Like 1

Is any developer working on a 737-Max?!  Pmdg?

Meanwhile in the real world the FAA just slapped a delivery ban today on a batch of newly made 787's - which follows on from an announcement a few weeks back that Boeing should not expect the 777X to meet certification requirements before mid 2023.

This sim may be one of the few places you get to fly a Boeing at all shortly 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

This sim is really heating up

Simulated climate change!

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

11 hours ago, Greazer said:

Is any developer working on a 737-Max?!  Pmdg?

PMDG is still aiming this year to release their MAX. 

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

11 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Citation needed? They are working on releasing the NG this year.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

Citation needed? They are working on releasing the NG this year.

From their 22MAY21 update thread:

Currently we are working on the DC-6 and the 737 product lines, and Vin is building out the new flight deck for the 777. We fully expect to have the DC-6 and 737's released this year, with a remote possibility of the 777 releasing as well by year end, and the 747 during first half of 2022.

Source: [22MAY21] It is finally time for a bit Show-and-Tell related to Microsoft Flight Simulator - PMDG Simulations

It's still possible they will release the 737 and 777 this year.

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

11 hours ago, Greazer said:

This sim is really heating up. Not only the performance patch incoming this month but a high fidelity Airbus and PC-24 in the works as well. I am always on the lookout for quality airliners and Jets. Is any developer working on a 737-Max?!  Pmdg?

I also saw in a recent update I think the 5th top most voted feature was the Scenery Gateway. If they could get that into the sim and so that users can use all the great freeware available on sites like flightsim.to, that would be huge. During the Alpha testing last year I suggested an approach for this, because you want to let people rate freeware addons to give developers the credit, and if two or more developers make the same airport, the one with the highest ratings should be streamed into the sim.

Greazer.

And don't forget the whole redo of live weather rolling out in SU6 and SU7.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

36 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

And the 777 / 747.

Eric 

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

And the 777 / 747.

The 747 is aimed to be released on the first half of 2022. See my post above. Unless they have changed it since their last update.

5 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Source: [22MAY21] It is finally time for a bit Show-and-Tell related to Microsoft Flight Simulator - PMDG Simulations

They don’t speak of the max anywhere there. Their existing product line is the NG.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

7 hours ago, ca_metal said:

They're not working on a 737MAX and have never said they are. They are however working on the 737NG for MSFS. 

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

They're not working on a 737MAX and have never said they are. They are however working on the 737NG for MSFS. 

That's what I thought, however reading between the lines, it seems they have done a lot of work on the MAX but nothing is promised for MSFS so far.

The great thing about MSFS really starting to live up to the hype is everyone, including the doubters, will be able to enjoy it for many years to come. While i was never a skeptic of MSFS, I am a skeptic of some things, like the Fenix announcement for example. But i want to be wrong about it, much like most skeptics of MSFS really want to be wrong as well. We all win when MSFS succeeds. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro