Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Carenado 182 vs default C172 G1000

There is really nothing special about the Carenado 182. It is a bit faster than the default C172, but I wouldn't buy it again. I would recommend to get the JustFlight Piper Turbo Arrow instead. Just as fast, but so much more character and systems depth.

Peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I really wish A2A would bring their fleet to MFS. Haven't heard a word from them.

They will eventually, but the fact that they are not doing it at the pace which Carenado bang stuff out, is one of the upshots of how they go about making stuff and what makes it worth having. 

If you must have a Carenado aeroplane, for a single I'd recommend either their Mooney M20R Ovation, or for a twin, their Piper PA34 Seneca V. Those are definitely their two best MSFS offerings. If you want something different on the other hand for some GA whizzing about, then either the JF Turbo Arrow or the Lionheart Creations Socata/Aerospatiale Trinidad TB21 GT

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

They will eventually, but the fact that they are not doing it at the pace which Carenado bang stuff out, is one of the upshots of how they go about making stuff and what makes it worth having. 

If you must have a Carenado aeroplane, for a single I'd recommend either their Mooney M20R Ovation, or for a twin, their Piper PA34 Seneca V. Those are definitely their two best MSFS offerings. If you want something different on the other hand for some GA whizzing about, then either the JF Turbo Arrow or the Lionheart Creations Socata/Aerospatiale Trinidad TB21 GT

The Mooney is well done but a little bit "sterile" just a touch too well behaved. Nice plane with no obvious flaws but lacks character I suppose.

In low wing planes the various Just Flight PA28 options are excellent and the Turbo is close to the Mooney in performance but with a lot more character. Or if your into aerobatics flying the P149 with the canopy back is a total rort. The P149 is slowish though and lacks modern nav/AP options.

High wing alternatives are a bit more limited. The Jabiru is fine but not near the performance of the 182. The 170s and 140s are even slower still.

Basically if your after fast high wing GA, the 182 whilst not a show stopper, is OK and all we have for now.  However if you are happy with a low wing or  maybe something high wing but slower,  there are better options about.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

The engine sound kill this aircraft for me, it is horrible.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

To each his own....... I wouild like the Carenado Skylane RG II of FSX fame... To me, I go for the planes Carenado USED to produce for the older sims...what a shame they do not produce this for at least Prepar3d compatability today.... fully functioning.    So Sad .

Edited by wwdavis

11 minutes ago, wwdavis said:

To each his own....... I wouild like the Carenado Skylane RG II of FSX fame... To me, I go for the planes Carenado USED to produce for the older sims...what a shame they do not produce this for at least Prepar3d compatability today fully functioning.

We flew a RG/CSU Skylane SP from Dubbo NSW to the Sunshine Coast in QLD via the Gold Coast back around 2000, did not seem all that much better than a generic 172 really, few knots faster, used a bit less fuel. We took it because the other 172 available was not IFR certified.

Carenado seem to be converting and throwing on the marketplace roughly one plane every 6 to 8 weeks like clockwork. The most recent being the C170.  Most seem to be remakes of former Alebeo products.

Current list of ALL payware aircraft available:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/list-of-all-payware-aircraft-for-msfs-updated-7-22-21-59-releases/374123

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I am familiar with all these aircraft.  Thanks   Bill Davis

Edited by wwdavis