Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Weekend Update - 24 July 2021!

Big weekend update for FS2Crew (24 July 2021):

1. Stage 1 of our brand new website is now publicly available  - finally! 

You can now login to our new site at: www.fs2crew.com

If you don't see the new site, refresh your internet cache by pressing CTRL F5 for a forced cache refresh.

Transitioning to a brand new website is always a complex operation. 

Indeed, nowadays website creation looks easy, but there's actually a ton of complex operations going on in the backend that you can't see.

So we're progressing slowly and releasing new products and updates in stages.  Today was Stage 1.

Important!

If you experience any odd issues with the new site or maybe you just have suggestions to make it better, by all means let us know.  Don't stay silent.  We need your feedback to make the site better.

2. FS2Crew: Pushback Express 2.2 Update:

This is a significant update, with the highlight being the new MSFS tool bar integration.  We feel it's ready for release, but we're going to make sure the the site is running 100 percent smooth before we release it.  I had this crazy idea about releasing the new site, the FBW version and the PBE 2.2 all at the same time...  then my brain kicked in and concluded that that wouldn't be smart.  Too many moving parts for my liking.  Too much risk. 

So we're taking her slow and steady to ensure the whole thing doesn't go to pot by trying to do too much at once.

If you want to early access to PBE v2.2, contact me.  We'd like a few more eyes on it prior to release.

fs2crew_command_center_for_msfs.png

3. FS2Crew: FBW A32NX Edition:

Delayed a bit due to the the new website, but one of my main programmers just did a full test flight.  He said: "I did a flight to Colombia an hour ago and it was all fine".

Assuming no issues with the site, I'll be sending the FBW release candidate out tonight so the testers can give it a final lookover.

As with the big PBE update, we'll release it once we know the site is functioning smoothly.

Again, apologies for the delays with FBW, but it'll be worth it.

And the discount is very generous for it!

4. FS2Crew: A320 Button Control:

We released a small update for it yesterday.  Due to the web site change, the version check in the A320 NX got confused and decided to throw a fit, and we fixed it.

The new version is in your Legacy FS2Crew account (www.legacy.fs2crew.com).  3rd party resellers will be getting it next week.

5. Things to know about the new website:

1. You need to create a new account.

2. Your old account on the Legacy website (www.legacy.fs2crew.com) will not be migrated.  It will remain separate.

We considered migrating all the data from the old website to the new; it would would have been a nightmare, so we're going to follow the KISS principle and keep things separate and clean to avoid problems.  

Therefore you will have two FS2Crew accounts:  You will need to create a new one on the new website, and, if desired, you can maintain your old account on the old website.

6. And one more thing...

To celebrate our new web site launch, we've released a surprise product, well, it really wasn't that much of a surprise.

Since you can no longer buy FS2Crew products on the legacy website, we decided to combine all FS2Crew products for FSX and P3D into one big "ALL ACCESS PACK."

This is over 400 euros worth of FS2Crew products, and we're selling it for 99 euros, but to celebrate the new site we're marking it off an additional 50 percent which brings it down to 49.99 euros.

It's a pretty amazing deal. 

No coupon code required.  

box_large.png

Again, please check out our new site.  If you experience any issues, please let us know asap so we can deal with them!

Thank you!

Edited by byork
  • Like 5

Guys, please remember:  You need to create a new account.

Your old FS2Crew account login details will not work on the new site!

I'm seeing some account lock outs due to due too many failed login attempts, and I know it's not spam bots.

You need to Register a new account on the new site.

Your old account login info from the Legacy FS2Crew site will not work!

14 minutes ago, byork said:

Your old account login info from the Legacy FS2Crew site will not work!

But it did !

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

5 minutes ago, hvw said:

But it did !

Well, you can 'Register' a new account using the same email address, and even create the same password.

That wouldn't be an issue.

But we didn't migrate any accounts over from the legacy store.

Cheers,

26 minutes ago, byork said:

Well, you can 'Register' a new account using the same email address, and even create the same password.

Cheers,

But I just entered my email address and old password for the old FS2Crew website in the login fields without registering a new account. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

31 minutes ago, byork said:

Cheers,

Here is what I did. I went to FS2crew.com and saw that the new website was up. I then went, via the menu options, to the legacy site and logged in there. After that I went back to the home page and signed in without creating a new account. As I am using a password manager the ID and pwd were inserted automatically and I was logged in. 

Does this info help any in determining what might have gone wrong?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 minute ago, byork said:

I'll ask my Web developer what happened there.

Cheers,

Perhaps some of the other users can try and emulate what I did as well just to confirm that there is a minor flaw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

@byork Congratulations on the new website release 😄 really loving the look!

Im ready to jump into the FS2Crew all in package. But for us who own some modules, will there be more discounts or is that already part of the 50% off?

Just want to clarify before I click the buy button 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Glad you like the new site!

There's no more discounts coming for the "All Access Packs" I'm afraid.

It's over 400 euros worth of products.  Regular price is 99 euros.

But since we have a brand new site we're doing big promos on everything, it's currently 50 percent off that, which bring it down to 49.99 euros.

It's as deeply discounted as we can possibly go!

We can't give this stuff away for free I'm afraid... I wish I was rich enough so I could 😉

Cheers,

Edited by byork
  • Like 1

@byork Got the product! at the current price, the package is extremely worth it!

Regarding the downloader though, I was able to download the Maddog and Q400 package so far. But trying to download the 747 QOTS II Package crashes the downloader.

Already tried running as administrator, and turning off my antivirus, but it is still crashing..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

36 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

@byork Got the product! at the current price, the package is extremely worth it!

Regarding the downloader though, I was able to download the Maddog and Q400 package so far. But trying to download the 747 QOTS II Package crashes the downloader.

Already tried running as administrator, and turning off my antivirus, but it is still crashing..

Thank you for the report, we just sent you and the other All Access Pass owners V1.1 that fixes the issue with the PMDG 747 QOTS II download.

Best,

• Like 1

Bryan i luv your new siteweb! Looking great! It's better now 😉 

And thanks for this update of weekend as always! 🙂 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

Bryan i luv your new siteweb! Looking great! It's better now 😉 

And thanks for this update of weekend as always! 🙂 

Thank you, the website was a lot of work 😉

We really had to refresh it... the old one was perfectly functional, but it looked rather dated.

This new one should last us a good 10 years.

So far no real issues reported with the new site.  We seem to be under control.

So I'm sending out a new FBW and PBE beta tonight!

• Like 3