Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

Know AI Bug causing CTD

model.cfm -> here is the actual MDLX file and the model.cfg (as you know form FSX)

model.aal -> linked to by the fltsimentry; containing a model.cfg linking to "model.cfm/model.mdl"

texture.aal-> linked to by the fltsimentry

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Dido...got that so ok to leave them in the directory as long as texture and models are linked correctly and the model cfg....(fltsim) right?    Only one problem tho is there is no animation provided thru MCX..Written Arno...so I am kinda screwed...lol

Animation export to glTF? | Page 6 | FSDeveloper

Thanks Kaiii3,

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

I still dont understand how these kind of problems throw you all the way back to the desktop instead of back to the menu.

If the game wouldnt take so long to load in the first place it would be easyer to debug/deal with, but this way it is just superirritating.

• Like 1

FWIW, at least not all CTDs and Apphang events are related to AI/live traffic - I turned that off after reading the 'known issues' section.  Still I get very random crashes in FlightSimulator.exe.

Another thing not related to traffic are the odd freezes on loading a flight. I was blabbering about how easy it is to see what's wrong with this update yesterday in this thread by flying over the bay area (big water body with cities all around barely showing up on all sides when you're in the middle of it).  Turns out this area demonstrates it even better than I thought because by coincidence I was taking off from Napa Valley airport yesterday,  which might be the only strip in this area actually loading without the app freezing entirely in the loading screen after hitting "Fly" (for me),  KSFO, KOAK, Hayward Executive... all causing tthe app to stop responding,   KORS in the Seatlle area froze the same way as long as Orbx KORS was installed.

These freezes are 100% reproducible and I have found reports about this kind of freezes on UK airports, someone said only Premium version content is affected for him (but he also listed KSFO), someone mentioned Gibraltar but I couldn't reproduce that there so I guess the places are just wildly random on each computer.  IOW, if  people don't encounter any of these they may just lurk at some place where they haven't tried to spawn their plane at.  BTW I can fly to and land on any of "my" affected airports tho, when I then close the sim it reliably produces an Appcrash event.in module 'PerceptionDevice.dll_unloaded'. 

Weird: Live traffic worked fine saw lots of traffic.... Saw this warning so turned it off. Tried turning it back on and now ZERO traffic!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

FWIW, at least not all CTDs and Apphang events are related to AI/live traffic - I turned that off after reading the 'known issues' section.  Still I get very random crashes in FlightSimulator.exe.

Another thing not related to traffic are the odd freezes on loading a flight. I was blabbering about how easy it is to see what's wrong with this update yesterday in this thread by flying over the bay area (big water body with cities all around barely showing up on all sides when you're in the middle of it).  Turns out this area demonstrates it even better than I thought because by coincidence I was taking off from Napa Valley airport yesterday,  which might be the only strip in this area actually loading without the app freezing entirely in the loading screen after hitting "Fly" (for me),  KSFO, KOAK, Hayward Executive... all causing tthe app to stop responding,   KORS in the Seatlle area froze the same way as long as Orbx KORS was installed.

These freezes are 100% reproducible and I have found reports about this kind of freezes on UK airports, someone said only Premium version content is affected for him (but he also listed KSFO), someone mentioned Gibraltar but I couldn't reproduce that there so I guess the places are just wildly random on each computer.  IOW, if  people don't encounter any of these they may just lurk at some place where they haven't tried to spawn their plane at.  BTW I can fly to and land on any of "my" affected airports tho, when I then close the sim it reliably produces an Appcrash event.in module 'PerceptionDevice.dll_unloaded'. 

Captain Nuts,

When you say the app freezing entirely in the loading screen after hitting "Fly", do you mean after hitting "Fly" then the progress bar moves to about the middle of the bar area then just stops (and if I look at task manager CPU and GPU flatline at slightly above 0%)?

I guess I hadn't seen any threads on this so I thought it might be unique to my setup - obviously that's not the case.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

13 minutes ago, somiller said:

do you mean after hitting "Fly" then the progress bar moves to about the middle of the bar area then just stops (and if I look at task manager CPU and GPU flatline at slightly above 0%)?

Yup, exactly.  Also the loading screen gets dimmed when that happens after the progress bar advanced quickly for a second.  That and the small fluctuations in the little remaining CPU load make it look a bit like the host process itself is not dead, it's rather waiting for an unresponsive module to respond (forever...the .exe doesn't have a way to get out of this condition gracefully).

2 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

Yup, exactly.  Also the loading screen gets dimmed when that happens after the progress bar advanced quickly for a second.  That and the small fluctuations in the little remaining CPU load make it look a bit like the host process itself is not dead, it's rather waiting for an unresponsive module to respond (forever...the .exe doesn't have a way to get out of this condition gracefully).

Does it still happen if you go into the data options and turn the 'Online Functionality' option to off?

I had a similar issue happen last week, where the sim wouldn't load unless I turned off that option. I fixed it by logging out and back into my X-Box account from the main screen.

Edited by Tuskin38

I wanted to check that this morning but after 2 days of reliable freezes when trying to load one of these airports (and numerous reboots and the computer being powered off in between), the bug caravan seemed to have moved on to some other place - they were all loading!   Now it's early evening here in Germany and they're back to freezing - even with 'Online Functionality' turned off. (So much for any theories/hopes this might be server-related..)

Edited by Captain Nuts
Yes

5 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

I wanted to check that this morning but after 2 days of reliable freezes when trying to load one of these airports (and numerous reboots and the computer being powered off in between), the bug caravan seemed to have moved on to some other place - they were all loading!   Now it's early evening here in Germany and they're back to freezing - even with 'Online Functionality' turned off. (So much for any theories/hopes this might be server-related..)

CN,

Yep same for me...after updating to SU5 and the hotfix I had been unable to load into DreamFlight KTEB. I could fly into KTEB and everything seemed normal, I just couldn't load into it. Then last night I was able to load into KTEB.

I opened a support ticket with FlightBeam about it but just replied to them to call off the ticket since the problem went away. Clearly something has changed...what that could be I have no clue.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 7/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, espent said:

You must be correct. It is only the incredible brainpower of the AVsim community that can find this in 5 minutes that 500 testers never found in a month.

possible the beta testers have been ignored in their findings?

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro