Sign in to follow this  
captain420

AW Design TNCM crashes

Can anyone with this add-on confirm that they get a CTD upon loading up at this location?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes, I do. Also flying in it will CTD at 25 DME every time. Sometimes I'm able to load it up once after installing it but thereafter it CTDs.

Guess some of these airports needs to be updated to work with SU5 then.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I had SUPER long loading times with this installed.   Had to remove it for now. 

I still have the ORBX vessels mod for that area,  and Henrick's global ai shipping.     I hope AWD fixes TNCM soon,   I wanted to shoot a video of the three mods,  from TFFJ to TNCM.

• Like 1

Same, this SU5 update is really starting to annoy me.

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Guess some of these airports needs to be updated to work with SU5 then.

Oh it was happening to me with that specific scenery long before SU5.

The AW Designs TNCM loaded fine for me just now.

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

In addition to the known issues of long loading times and CTDs due to the use of the Airworthy Designs (AWD) TNCM, the most recent update of the airport does not resolve the problem of its incompatibility with texture enhancement applications (like runways, taxiways and aprons) such as those of Zinertek and REX. When these applications are installed, the AWD TNCM scenario looks really awful and is not usable.

After several contacts with its developers, my conclusion is that they don't want to recognize the problem. Instead, they recommend contacting Zinertek or REX to solve a problem that is particular to TNCM. It goes without saying that on my setups, the only scenario that is affected by the enhanced textures is TNCM, since I have hundreds of airports installed that are not affected at all.

Hopefully some of the big players could take charge of TNCM (FlyTampa?), to have an acceptable rendition of this wonderful area.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Also had nothing but issues with this addon since launch. (I ended up just deleting it as it caused no end of CTD's) I went through all the zendesk help, and advice from some far more informed folk than me over on the MSFS Forum. And still  a number of us could not get it working despite renaming files as directed.

I noticed the update the other day, so i may give it a try again.

Ps There was no help at all from the Dev, despite emailing them numerous times.

UPDATE: It finally works, in near on a year since purchased i can now load the addon without a CTD, Everything seems fine other than no markings around the aprones.( There used to be ?) Runway markings are now visible. All buildings and services seem ok.

Edited by Car147
Update After re-Installing new version

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

In addition to the known issues of long loading times and CTDs due to the use of the Airworthy Designs (AWD) TNCM

Does the just released v 1.4.1 not address the CTD issue?

Edit: Just started at TNCM without issues.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Ei3Su6a.jpg

U4jk8bj.jpg

7f1Tqh1.jpg

I have had no issues with this scenery even before the update (ta Bert!).  I featured it extensively during the DC-6 Beta, and it remains one of my favorite places.  Other than a few taxi lights being misplaced, it's really quite good.  I do the AWD SXM, deault St. Barts and default SABA rotation quite often (not in Fifi) and with the default St. Barts and SABA it's grand.  Do check your install and look for any conflicting issues. 

I cannot recommend @Bad_T 's Addon Manager enough! I only load what I need for the flight and it even masked the Amphib issue vs. the TNB G-36, as I did not have the G-36 loaded when flying the Amphib.  He's really produced a BRILLIANT app!

Anyhoo- take your time, reinstall TNCM if you think you got a bad DL... and try again.  It's lovely!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

As i stated for the first time it has loaded without any CTD with this new version. I use Addon linker all the time, and only load the addons i need for any individual flight. to test this new version i only loaded the above addon, ire nothing else in the Community folder. and still no markings on the apron or taxiways.

I have at least 60-70 payware addons, no issues at all with any bar this one.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

So glad you’ve had success with it. It’s one of my favorite go-tos.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Does the just released v 1.4.1 not address the CTD issue

I really never had CDT's with AWD's TNCM, but do know that many others had.

The issue I have is that I cannot use the TNCM scenery as it looks terrible when you have a product like Zinertek (or REX) installed to improve the texture of the runways, taxiways and aprons. I have Zinertek and can talk for this one, and TNCM is the only airport that's having conflicts with Zinertek's textures. All my remaining 200+ airports (payware and freeware) are Ok and look nice with the improved textures.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers