Sign in to follow this  
Carob

FSX Cessna Citation

Hello.

I am looking for opinions on the best Cessna Citation for FSX.  I see NextGen has one and Carenado has another.  Just Flight also has something listed called Citation X.

I guess I am looking for overall quality, model, flight dynamics, features, etc.  Also if one has more of an impact on FPS than other.

If anyone can let me know their opinions I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Not as much eye candy as the Carenado but the best overall in avionics functionality, actually one of the most well done bizjets for FSX imo 

Its not as taxing on FPS as Carenado but still comes with an FPS tax.

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

The best visual quality, but avionics systems functions are Carenado quality standards(pretty darn low)

Don't expect any real support either.(technical support quality Carenado low)

Very FPS/VAS hungry 

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/525a-citation-cj2-hd-series-fsx-p3d/

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/s550-citation-ii-hd-series-fsx-p3d/

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/xl560-p3d-fsx/

I own all of the above and I would only recommend the Carenado products if they go on another extremely cheap sale.

Not worth the regular price tags in 2021 due to horrible customer support and low effort avionics functionality and performance optimization.

I don't own the Just Flight Citation X and Nexgen CJ4X but they appear lacking in the visual department, which is why I never purchased them.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I agree with Blueshark that the Flight1 Citation Mustang is probably the best Citation available for FSX with great systems functionality and with a manageable although slightly heavy VAS footprint (about 700MB more than the default Baron).

I have the Wilco/Feel There (this seems to be the one also marketed by Just Flight) and the Eaglesoft versions of the Citation X and I would really not recommend either of them. Both I think are essentially port overs from FS2004 and reflect that. Although they both have very low VAS footprints and are quite flyable in FSX, I find that I virtually never use them and they have been relegated to my virtual boneyard.

The various Carenado Citations are easily the best visually but, as already mentioned, they fall somewhat short from a systems viewpoint, although if you have one of the addon payware GTN750s that can make a great difference to the sense of immersion when flying them. I have the Carenado S550 and the XL560 Citations and they are both beautifully modelled and enjoyable to fly although the XL560 is a bit of a resource hog.

The other Citation in my hangar is the Nextgen CitationCJ4. This does fairly well from a systems viewpoint (apart from FMC functionality which is basic) but the visual modelling does leave a bit to be desired.

So, on balance, another vote for the Flight1 Citation Mustang here.

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  Appreciated.

I guess I was shying away from the Mustang because it is a bit smaller.

The Mustang is actually a great Citation to learn to fly. It's got nice glass avionics and systems wise, it's design has made improvements over the previous Citation models such as the II and the V (which is where I have most of my Citation experience).

I'd reccomend the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II/SP, I've had it for years in my FSX installation. Check it out in yutube.

Berlopez