Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

Another successful flight. 1h 30m from LIPZ to LFPG in the PMDG737-800. DirectX Shader cache cleared out after yesterday's flight. Its current size is just 65kb.

It looks like the location of these files is in AppData\Local\D3DSCache.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No. According to TechPowerup GPU my 1080Ti has a GPU clock of 1506 and a Memory Clock of 1377.

I can’t see it being related to the 1080Ti. Did you ever clear out the DirectX Shader folder? All it takes is one corrupt file.

if i get time today Ill find that post IT guru rob made a  about 3 or 4 years ago about the power on the 1080ti's and dxgi errors.

this was way before p3dv5.  I remember it well because Id just bought my 1080ti.

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

if i get time today Ill find that post IT guru rob made a  about 3 or 4 years ago about the power on the 1080ti's and dxgi errors.

this was way before p3dv5.  I remember it well because Id just bought my 1080ti.

I never had any DXGI errors with v4. Bear in mind there are several different DXGI errors in v5.

The two I have encountered are ACCESS_DENIED caused by RTSS display being visible when a different vehicle is selected. The workaround to that is to temporarily turn it off. I don’t use RTSS any longer as it caused too many DXGI errors.

The other one is DEVICE_HUNG which I’m now convinced is caused by corrupt DirectX Shader files.

I have complete confidence in my 1080Ti.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another short successful flight this afternoon. Zagreb to Venice. PMDG737-800.

I’m now convinced this problem is solved. Tomorrow I will delete the TdrDelay entry in the Registry.

If, after several more flights, there are no further issues I’ll change Prefer Maximum Performance in NCP back to the default setting.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m now convinced this problem is solved. Tomorrow I will delete the TdrDelay entry in the Registry.

If, after several more flights, there are no further issues I’ll change Prefer Maximum Performance in NCP back to the default setting.

Ray,

could you please briefly summarize what measures exactly solved the issue? 

39 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Ray,

could you please briefly summarize what measures exactly solved the issue? 

In all probability it was caused by a corrupt file in the DirectX Shaders folder. Deleting the contents of that folder cured the problem.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In all probability it was caused by a corrupt file in the DirectX Shaders folder. Deleting the contents of that folder cured the problem.

Now we just need Mark to test this theory as well

8 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I plan to try again tonight (Eastern Canada Time).  I have cleared out the DirectX temp files, twice and for good measure cleared the P3D shaders as well.  I will double check the AppData\Local\D3DSCache folder before I start the flight to confirm its empty.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

9 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

It will be interesting to know the size of his folder. I suspect starting P3D before a reboot caused his problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It will be interesting to know the size of his folder. I suspect starting P3D before a reboot caused his problem.

I can't remember what it was before I cleared it out....500MB maybe.  I just cleared out everything and my Windows updates were huge...2.9 Gig and it took a while.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

25 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I can't remember what it was before I cleared it out....500MB maybe.  I just cleared out everything and my Windows updates were huge...2.9 Gig and it took a while.

Wow! I’d wager something you had some corrupt files in that folder. I wonder how old some of them were.

I had just 9.4Mb of temporary DirectX shader files. Enough to cause a problem.

Waiting for your news with baited breath. Can’t you skive off work early? 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wow! I’d wager something you had some corrupt files in that folder. I wonder how old some of them were.

I had just 9.4Mb of temporary DirectX shader files. Enough to cause a problem.

Waiting for your news with baited breath. Can’t you skive off work early? 😁

I will see what I can do....

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

@MarkW, we’re running the same drivers, have the same Registry tweak and both have Prefer Max Performance in NCP. I’m not aware of any other changes in your NCP. That is my only change from the default. I do have a P3Dv5 config in NCP but can’t see that being an issue.

DirectX Shaders folder is empty. I can see no logical reason why your flight should not be problem free. Look forward to hearing from you later.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why would you want to touch a running system if you are convinced that the problem is solved?  For testing purpose?

Edited by Afterburner

25 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

Why would you want to touch a running system if you are convinced that the problem is solved?  For testing purpose?

Yes. I need to prove to myself it was a corrupt file. The TdrDelay=0 setting could be preventing the message from appearing and given it’s a non-standard setting there’s no real need for it to be present. If things are fine without it there’s the proof. 👍

Don’t you find it strange there’s been virtually no discussion about these DirectX Shader files? Given the importance of clearing the standard shaders folder with a driver update I’m perplexed why something that seems associated with DX12 doesn’t get a mention including no mention of it in the LM FAQ.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather