Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wonder if it might be related to having v3, v4 and v5 installed. v4 was uninstalled a month ago but who knows how long those DirectX Shaders were sitting around.

It’s possible I’ve just been unlucky but fortunately the “fix” is a simple one.

@G-YMML1, no mystery with the 1080Ti. Just a bad file or files I suspect. 👍

One of those hard to pin down problems, that seems to have been resolved by a benevolent confluence of fixes!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

One of those hard to pin down problems, that seems to have been resolved by a benevolent confluence of fixes!

Crikey Kev, did you swallow a thesaurus? 🤣

I put it down to sheer bloody mindedness not to be beaten by a computer. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The DirectX Shaders don't appear accessible except via Windows 10 Settings.

Ray, you have Lorbysi,  under Tools, you will find "clear shader cache". I think this is all that is needed? No need for Registry fiddles.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Ray, you have Lorbysi,  under Tools, you will find "clear shader cache". I think this is all that is needed? No need for Registry fiddles.

Is that shaders cache or DirectX shaders? Two different areas.

I clear shaders via SimStarterNG.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is that shaders cache or DirectX shaders? Two different areas.

I clear shaders via SimStarterNG.

To be honest I have no idea. I have never cleared Shaders of any sort on a regular basis and don't seemed to have suffered for that sin.

Maybe with the increasing complexity of P3D and Windows, it is something that I should look into.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

To be honest I have no idea. I have never cleared Shaders of any sort on a regular basis and don't seemed to have suffered for that sin.

Maybe with the increasing complexity of P3D and Windows, it is something that I should look into.

It’s highly recommended to clear the P3D shaders folder when updating drivers and I always do.

This DirectX Shaders folder seems to be in another place and the fact it’s only accessible via a Windows application makes me think it’s buried for good reason. But if files can become corrupted clearing it out occasionally is no bad thing. I’ll continue with my daily deletion for the time being.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

new driver out ! 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

So just reporting that with TdrLevel = 0 (64 bit) and clearing the DirectX shaders, I just got the DXGI Hung error.  Maybe I did the procedure incorrectly on the DirectX shaders? I restarted the computer, deleted the temp files and then started my flight.  Only thing left is to try deleting the P3D shaders, I do that after each point update of P3D but not after a drivers change, I suspect it will make no difference.  Also not quite sure why the TdrLevel setting is not turning off the error and I still get it?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

@MarkW, I’m both sorry and surprised to hear that. I deleted the contents of the shaders folder after a driver update but haven’t touched them since.

Try deleting the DirectX Shaders and then reboot. That’s what I did. Maybe they’re not properly deleted unless you reboot.

After rebooting go back into the temporary files area and check there’s no DirectX Shaders entry.

I agree that the TdrLevel switch should prevent the message appearing and it’s odd it doesn’t.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@MarkW, I’m both sorry and surprised to hear that. I deleted the contents of the shaders folder after a driver update but haven’t touched them since.

Try deleting the DirectX Shaders and then reboot. That’s what I did. Maybe they’re not properly deleted unless you reboot.

After rebooting go back into the temporary files area and check there’s no DirectX Shaders entry.

I agree that the TdrLevel switch should prevent the message appearing and it’s odd it doesn’t.

Thanks for the suggestion Ray.  I will try again tomorrow night.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hello,

i had a lot of CTD's in P3Dv5.2 without the " Device Hung*** " message and no information at all in the "Windows Event Viewer". P3D just crashed silently to desktop.

I did the QWord (64bit) TdrLevel=0 thing and cleared the DirectX-Shaders, but didn't changed the power setting in NVC. Did 2 flights yesterday were i had problems prior the "tweaks" without any problems.

I hope it stays like this.

I have P3Dv4.5 and P3dv5.2 installed and a 2080ti card.

Regards  

• Like 2

I use to get this with my 1080ti. I now use an RTX3080ti and haven’t had this DXGI error in 2 months. Most settings are maxed out on my 78’ 4k TV (homecockpit 737-800 Dual seat trainer) 

Specs:

W10 Home, i9 10900K, ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490, RTX 3080ti, G.Skill Memory DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Quad-Kit, Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H150i PRO XT RGB Performance Liquid Cooler, Fractal Design Define 7 Mid-Tower Case

All core clocked to 5GHZ using NickN guide for the 10900k over at Simforums. 

Vernon Howells

Are you chaps using anything to overclock the gfx cards with any of the below software.  It can cause dxgi errors if the power settings are too high. 

1.Afterburner 

2.Asus suite 

3.ROG gpu tweak 

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Are you chaps using anything to overclock the gfx cards with any of the below software.  It can cause dxgi errors if the power settings are too high. 

1.Afterburner 

2.Asus suite 

3.ROG gpu tweak 

No. According to TechPowerup GPU my 1080Ti has a GPU clock of 1506 and a Memory Clock of 1377.

23 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I use to get this with my 1080ti. I now use an RTX3080ti and haven’t had this DXGI error in 2 months. Most settings are maxed out on my 78’ 4k TV (homecockpit 737-800 Dual seat trainer) 

I can’t see it being related to the 1080Ti. Did you ever clear out the DirectX Shader folder? All it takes is one corrupt file.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

1.Afterburner 

2.Asus suite 

3.ROG gpu tweak 

No overclocking on my 2080ti.