Sign in to follow this  
Guest robains

Soon...soon....FSX SP1 !

As of today, we have about 10 days until the end of the month. April is "the" month, isn't it? Really looking forward to this FSX update and only hope that it really adds more "fluidity" on a consistent basis to this sim. FSX is perhaps the most enjoyable simulator I've ever used. I'm one of the lucky ones that consistently get frames in the 20's and high teens at worst. Many times I'm in the 30's, 40's, and even 50's when flying in Hawaii and the original, beautiful Princess Juliana. My excursions in the Bush, and Alaska are always smooth and "relatively" fluid.What I'm looking forward to is smooth fluidity and that smooth consistency in the big cities of the United States. THAT would be very, very cool! Hope you join in the thread, Phil, and can give us some little tidbits that get us in the mood for the big day.

Anyone with a 2 core E6700 as you have would get nice fps.It is us poor chaps still running 3+ Gigs ona P4 that still suffer.Allen

On the other hand, there are aboout 40 days until the end of April. I'm guessing that the glass is a bit less than half full.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

> On the other hand, there are aboout 40 days until the>end of April. I'm guessing that the glass is a bit less than>half full.>>DougLOL :)We humans are wierd. We keep each other honest!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest DC-9

What are you complaining about then? Doesn't seem fit to feel the need for SP1 when you've got good performance to begin with.

>Anyone with a 2 core E6700 as you have would get nice fps.>Dont count on it. I have one and a NVidia 8800GTX and the frame rates vary between 20 right down to 1 when it gets really heavy.I guess what it comes down to is what settings you use. I have everything turned up full. If you turn all the nice stuff off such as autogen off then you will get good rates.

Doesn't come down to what setting you use.It comes down to where you fly.99% of the people who are punching the air, praising their 40fps are bush flyers flying in the hills. The minute most people come near civilisation, the problems start. I hope SP1 does something good. FSX shows promise, but it's a caged animal at the moment. It just needs to be unleashed :-) Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Capn Afrika

Hi gang,The 'ol cliche "good things come to those that wait" applies here ok...hang in there!!

I don't think you can read me "complaining" in my post....but as Geofa says, human nature dictates, "if you can, give us more!" Like I said, I'd love to have a very fluid flight in and around major airports and world cities. I'd like to do that with as much eye candy as possible. Since that is really not possible on any computer right now, I'm hoping SP1 gets us closer to THAT kind of flight.

Well this whole sp1 debacle is on my nerves anyway. Because of this wonder patch my hugely anticipated dodo for fsx is on hold because the devs don't want to release it only to have the 'magic' of sp1 break it again. Aces should have done what they said they were gonna do and release the dx10 patch instead of wasting our time on a sp1 patch that we all know will do little to nothing for anyone. Maybe I should apply for a PM job at Aces because it appears that they are in dire need of one.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest JeanLuc_

In my opinion, the kind of performance boost I'm expecting is the performance boost that permits running complex third party vendors products/aircraft.Stock aircraft are good and better than in FS9, but I guess a sizeable number of people in this forum (say less than 1% of the number of FS9/X copies sold and Microsoft target market) are enjoying their simulator almost exclusively with third party addons, while effectively 99% of the core Microsoft market (casual gammer taking the flying experience between two doom/quake plays) will enjoy SP1 as it is.I've tried to stay away from these FS9/X discussions (and please if I'm off track, tell me), but the more I read in these forums, the more I realize that the root of the perceivable unhappyness with FSX in these forums may just come from FSX lacking the performance capability to run third party vendor addons properly (I'm not talking small GA aircraft with low impact, but complex airliners or similar).Jean-Luc

Exactly right JL. My real concern is that, barring a couple of miracles from ACES and the developers of the complex addons, we'll never see anything like the LDS 763 or the PMDG 744 in FSX. A 20-30% performance gain isn't going to go very far in that regard. But, time will tell...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest AJT67

There is one "fix" that I'd like to see in the patch, unless anybody on these boards can tell me of a workaround............In the beta of FSX last year, one could use pitch trim in the helicopters as well, I haven't seen that option in the full version?Because of the increased details at lower levels, I've quite taken to rotary flying, but ####, it make my lower arm sore! Got a nice HOTAS setup.Thanks allAndrew.

Ahhhh, I sense much fear in you. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering!Clear your mind Luke...If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. I thought Yoda a fitting quotee here. I think that we all need to clear our minds in releation to the patch. let it happen whenever it happens and release any preconceived notions of benchmarks, improvements or enhancements. At the end it will make it easy on the community as well as Aces if we all go into this with no preconceived notions.At the end of the day, isnt it always better to be plesantly surprised than to anticipate success (or failure) especially when the benchmark for success is poorly defined?