Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

30% off the only other flight sim that can compete with MSFS

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/ah-64d/

Edited by bofhlusr
Added link to product web page.
  • Like 3

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

That's a cool looking module but where's this flight sim that could compete with MSFS?🤣

• Like 6

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

20 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

That's a cool looking module but where's this flight sim that could compete with MSFS?🤣

Only two have academic and training credentialing. Xplane and Prepar3d. As long as MSF S is marketed as entertainment and has stability issues it will never recieve that or be used in the real-world aviation field.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Entertainment versions only? I wouldn't be surprised if there are un-advertised specialized versions of these platforms for planes and maps for countries unknown to the general public.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

That AH-64D looks fantastic, but oh my word DCS modules have become expensive!

I think it is time for a new entrant in the realistic jet combat sim genre, to create some competition,

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 10/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, bofhlusr said:

Entertainment versions only? I wouldn't be surprised if there are un-advertised specialized versions of these platforms for planes and maps for countries unknown to the general public.

Absolute stability is the one thing the professional community demands essential followed by flight dynamics. 

MSFS isn't there yet and it might be awhile. Perhaps running on locally cached scenery.

4 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Absolute stability is the one thing the professional community demands essential followed by flight dynamics. 

MSFS isn't there yet and it might be awhile. Perhaps running on locally cached scenery.

Yes, the MSFS that the general public know isn't there yet.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

8 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Yes, the MSFS that the general public know isn't there yet.

The flight dynamics need work also. Xplane is way ahead. So is A2A on P3D.

21 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

The flight dynamics need work also. Xplane is way ahead. So is A2A on P3D.

I know this is getting way off topic, but can't resist responding. Wish MSFS can get rid of that head anticipation thing, where the aircraft rolls independently of the screen. It is especially pronounced in the maneuverable aircraft where (cockpit view) the aircraft rolls around crazy while the screen only rolls slowly - I feel totally disconnected from the aircraft when that happens. They should make that optional, like the guys did with ChasePlane.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

24 minutes ago, rooitou said:

I know this is getting way off topic, but can't resist responding. Wish MSFS can get rid of that head anticipation thing, where the aircraft rolls independently of the screen. It is especially pronounced in the maneuverable aircraft where (cockpit view) the aircraft rolls around crazy while the screen only rolls slowly - I feel totally disconnected from the aircraft when that happens. They should make that optional, like the guys did with ChasePlane.

Isn't that what's described as DHM or Dynamic Head Movement (I believe that's what it is called in EZCA and in OpusFSI)? It's supposed to simulate how the head moves when the plane rolls in real life. There's probably an optional setting to disable that feature. I don't have MSFS running now so I can't check but perhaps it  is in one of the settings in the easier modes available in MSFS ie. not the True-To-Life one.

Edited by bofhlusr
  • Like 1

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I just love the way A2A aircraft fly and the simulation depth. The Skylane is a ringer for the one I take lessons in for both performance, engine parameters, and handling.

I wouldn't be surprised to see MS-Combat Simulator make a return in the next few years.

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 10/13/2021 at 5:08 PM, TurboKen said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see MS-Combat Simulator make a return in the next few years.

OMG could you imagine?

Flying those campaigns with this new MSFS engine😍

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

They better just get the civil version stabilized before thinking about 350 knot dog fights or Mach 1.5 fox 3 engagements.