Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

AutoATC flight testing

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Those checkboxes have no effect on Linux as output is played regardless (X-Plane bug/XLinSpeak quirk), at least when it comes to ATIS.

Only the dataref reliably kills X-Plane ATIS output.

OK weird, because I've never seen this... And aside from the odd 15 minute test I only use linux. Which airport/frequency is an example?

AutoATC Developer

On 10/18/2021 at 11:06 PM, mSparks said:

I'll add the CSL definition to the plugin and add a follow me car AI class asap.

Flight test that tomorrow

sgp74Hn.png

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

On 10/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, mSparks said:

OK weird, because I've never seen this... And aside from the odd 15 minute test I only use linux. Which airport/frequency is an example?

Get XLInSpeak and speech-dispatcher to work to set up TTS for X-Plane. Tune any ATIS station to check if it works and get TTS output. Then install the AutoATC plugin (do not connect the app) and tune in any ATIS station again. Get output from default ATIS and AutoATC.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 10/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, mSparks said:

Flight test that tomorrow

Not as deep flight testing as I would have liked (full simulation) but progress.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:05 PM, mSparks said:

I did spot one bug, which is it gave him a tie down for parking, its supposed to give bigger aircraft gates.

Looks like I got this one, it was only initialising the user airframe data under very specific circumstances and falling back to a default otherwise. Not tested this much but that would explain it.

Follow me car in place of vacate instructions working nicely (taxi to runway is a little more involved and will come once vacate is deployed and tested more).

Found two sets of follow me car models

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53433-follow-me-car/

and

https://csl.x-air.ru/info/item/150

Neither of these are ideal, the x-csl requires using their installer to get it and a new obj making to work (full x-csl support will come one day, but it needs the .obj files "growing" from text files to work), the models in the freeware followme plugin (which has some nice example lua in it) are missing the lovely lighting of the x-csl one (it looks like Velfire went away, the models are modified from the BS2001 Object Library)

And X-CSL dont quote the author, other than maybe X-AIR team.

Think the best solution will probably be to paint up the default XP11 crew car which has a LIT and NML in follow me colors and lighting and bundle it in the next plugin release

JkvhR3x.png

which looks like it will be soon™ because:

9 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Get XLInSpeak and speech-dispatcher to work to set up TTS for X-Plane.

Ahh, OK, that explains it.

So the reason I didn't get on this sooner is also because

Plugin, no app, "atis_enabled" true --> X-Plane ATIS

is non trivial (AutoATC ATIS is just another radio station you tune into, selectively disabling would require identifying it and getting an indication its not required)

Best I can probably do for the next plugin update is have the plugin (rather than just the app) set atis_enabled=false in a lua init script.

AutoATC Developer

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

Think the best solution will probably be to paint up the default XP11 crew car which has a LIT and NML in follow me colors and lighting and bundle it in the next plugin release

Done

OhqH6WA.png

https://github.com/mSparks43/XPlane-11-AutoATC-plugin/releases/download/0.9.6.1/follow.me.car.support.zip

Just in time for some weekend flight testing. (this turns out to be great for resolving remaining taxiway map issues as well)

AutoATC Developer

On 10/22/2021 at 10:24 PM, mSparks said:

Just in time for some weekend flight testing.

This is where I got to.

I'm OOO for the next few days, but should get that live pretty soon when I get back (along with some other fixes for things I found over the weekend),

I should be able to record the phone app similar to

while flight testing now as well, so finally about at the point I can make better quality flight test recordings (the car video is just what the PSVR headset mic pics up with noise cancellation turned off).

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Very nice.

BTW do you own a R1 ? if yes which year ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

5 hours ago, Humpty said:

BTW do you own a R1 ? if yes which year ?

I have a few nice toys

QytxNolr.jpg

Like they say, boys never get any older the toys just get more expensive and dangerous.

2010 model iirc. Currently in desperate need of a new rear tire, but winter came again, so I'll probably wait till spring.

Unlike the bike, which is like a second skin - started on an ER5 which I rode every day for two years, swapped that for a ninja 636 which I also rode every day until stolen and written off which I used the insurance to get the R1, Ive taken her over most of Europe and the only issue Ive had so far is a €350 fine on the German Autobahn - got that on tape

(very lucky it wasnt €3000 - and yes - German Autobahn)

Im still very nervous flying, even a short flight takes at least a day and a half (day before planning, then completely exhausted after landing), so its hard to get the hours in. whereas I can jump in the sim almost at a moments notice, and now starting to capture pretty much everything to properly sim flights.

Anyway, back on topic. just tracked down that funky route the follow me car took to it planning its route to the apron in a "to runway" state, that basically made it go out of its way to try and avoid the route planned for arrivals (mostly stops ai planes getting stuck head on to each other). Thats fixed next ai server update, there is also a fix just going up for the follow me car model.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

I have a few nice toys

QytxNolr.jpg

Like they say, boys never get any older the toys just get more expensive and dangerous.

2010 model iirc. Currently in desperate need of a new rear tire, but winter came again, so I'll probably wait till spring.

Unlike the bike, which is like a second skin - started on an ER5 which I rode every day for two years, swapped that for a ninja 636 which I also rode every day until stolen and written off which I used the insurance to get the R1, Ive taken her over most of Europe and the only issue Ive had so far is a €350 fine on the German Autobahn - got that on tape

(very lucky it wasnt €3000 - and yes - German Autobahn)

Im still very nervous flying, even a short flight takes at least a day and a half (day before planning, then completely exhausted after landing), so its hard to get the hours in. whereas I can jump in the sim almost at a moments notice, and now starting to capture pretty much everything to properly sim flights.

Anyway, back on topic. just tracked down that funky route the follow me car took to it planning its route to the apron in a "to runway" state, that basically made it go out of its way to try and avoid the route planned for arrivals (mostly stops ai planes getting stuck head on to each other). Thats fixed next ai server update, there is also a fix just going up for the follow me car model.

Blody awesome! Is the ECU flashed ? Stock exhaust ?  Kawi and yamaha way to go. 

Yep get back to your topic sorry. 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Is the ECU flashed ? Stock exhaust ?

The 636 was dyno'd up with an after market exhaust and extra cog on the back wheel to make it easier to get the front wheel up, I miss her, but its better to keep the stupid stuff off-road. 

R1 was pretty much perfect from the factory, year before they brought in those stupid limiters you have to get removed, so does 0-300kph in like 15 seconds or something insane like that (aka how I got the €350 fine, full throttle till the fuel light came on, then roll to the next petrol station, first thing the - very pleasant - German police said to me when they saw my confused face was "so the reason we pulled you over, is the speed limit on that piece of Autobahn was 80hph..." - very squeeky bum time, in my defense its not like you can read the signs at that speed, to which they gave the helpful hint that you can tell by the yellow lines instead of white), under seat exhaust that sounds amazing (Yamaha have a video on that - YZF  R1 crossplane) 

Beautiful enough to get my ugly mug in an advert for Kozdic fashion, just noticed they liked the sound of her purr too:

Great company, great leather.

Sound stuff coming XP12 I'm really excited for for AutoATC, all this b####ing at graphics, and I have virtually no real complaints from that last test flight, sure it can be better, but wow its still good, sound on the other hand is a whole other story, I can see myself doing test flights to the beach and just sitting between the trees in VR listening to the waves and leaves rustle as a way to relax, can't really do that at all right now.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Nice 👍

Me likes the Gals, more than  the heli, and a lot more than the bike 😉

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

Me likes the Gals, more than  the heli, and a lot more than the bike 😉

sure... But they are also the most expensive.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

sure... But they are also the most expensive.

And... difficult to handle ! Makes flying an heli piece-of-cake... 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...