Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

AutoATC flight testing

Watched the video Sparks. Looking / sounding Great !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Nice!.  Love the video presentation and showing your work!  Excellent job on AutoATC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Does this even work on Windows? 😂  (sorry).

windows, linux macOS, vulkan, VR and (theoretically) xp12 ready for a while, no need to apologise to me, I understand your humour.

I can't watch right now.

You like streaming and tubes right? FlySim24, also flying as Clem Air did a 24 hour sponsored flight & stream for prostate cancer a while back (hence his livery), as others have pointed out his composition in that video is worth watching imho, his setup is also polished enough to give even the most hardened simmer some tips (it was only on the second watch I realised its from inside his home cockpit).

So what's new??

still not at v1 yet (sigh), so features are still either mostly secret or by request. If you want it and its not there already it probably can be.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2

AutoATC Developer

Had to stop watching because of that soundtrack. Too loud and adds yet another layer of aural input, making the rest of the information (sim sounds, narration) harder to process. HUGE no-go in videos.

Does this show any new Auto-ATC features?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

45 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Does this show any new Auto-ATC features?

Well, pretty sure its the first full flight recorded since

In May 2018 (excluding the quick experimental IFR flight I did in the Typhoon), its changed a lot since then, plus he's in a tube. I'd say he's on the previous version of the plugin because the latest pops up what was recognised on the screen.

His compilation is waaay better than anything I can do (and thanks to the switch to wayland on Friday I cant screen record at all at the moment).

A lot like the XP12 sound updates its also really hard to "show" new features, because you cant just show a nice screenshot like

Ez4903c.png

for quick and easy consumption.

I did spot one bug, which is it gave him a tie down for parking, its supposed to give bigger aircraft gates.

AutoATC Developer

53 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

So nothing new then.

ticketing system is just about to hit 21 days of uptime which seems to have made a decent impact in persisting state during the flight, that AI server update also had a lot of other small tweaks to language and AI aircraft - including fixing a load of regressions.

Not planning major changes until XP12 drops (hopefully integrate nicely with the changes they have made to the ATC), until then its more flight testing and bug fixing. 

AutoATC Developer

16 hours ago, mSparks said:

Not planning major changes until XP12 drops (hopefully integrate nicely with the changes they have made to the ATC), until then its more flight testing and bug fixing. 

If IFR support comes that late and the overhauled ATC system turns out better than a buggy mess, I won't have any use case for AutoATC beyond AI traffic injection. And even that goes out the window if XP12 brings along AI system improvements.

Edited by Bjoern

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

If IFR support comes that late and the overhauled ATC system turns out better than a buggy mess, I won't have any use case for AutoATC beyond AI traffic injection. And even that goes out the window if XP12 brings along AI system improvements.

it will depend a lot on what theyve done. most of what I saw seemed to be have it menu systemed similar to 124thATC - so not much cross over, maybe linking to their AI planes which I dont believe have persistence (always teleporting around you, and a big cpu hit for more than 3 or 4 planes), but that wasnt clear.

From the answers to my questions following their keynote they dont have any kind of API access to it still, plugin support AutoATC for voice commands/ATC/ACARS/DPDLC/Flightplanning/Live METAR & TAF went up with R2 of the 744 a few weeks ago and people have already been flight testing that (although full integration will come with the discord bot for it):

uILhsjv.png

Main hold up for IFR has been XP11s ifr procedures, they are broken and out dated, and trying to update them causes ctds and even more broken procedures.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Keep the good work Sparks. Let's hope for the best regarding Auto-ATC integration with XP12 !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

Main hold up for IFR has been XP11s ifr procedures, they are broken and out dated, and trying to update them causes ctds and even more broken procedures.

Does "procedures" mean AIRAC data?

If yes, just use whatever is default. Not your problem if Laminar didn't update them since 2017.

49 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

If yes, just use whatever is default.

That was the plan, didn't work out.

Whats in default is now so old that they are all different (even when they are the same), because every time an airport updates its procedures all the names of the procedures change, not just the ones that changed, so ELGEB1D becomes say ELGEB2K even though the procedures are identical, which basically makes it pretty much impossible to program the AP to fly the approach, but updating the AIRAC in the plane to have ELGEB2K then has a high probability of causing a CTD or hard lockup when you try and program it.... So you program ELGEB1D, but absolutely nowhere is it documented what that should look like, and what XP loads could be different than ELGEB2K, at which point the AP takes you off the IFR route, and chaos ensues.

A ready to deploy work around is to use the waypoint names ("cleared for ILS approach via ELGEB report LOGAR"), but held off and did aircraft integration instead, because XP12 is so close, so many other nice things to come (e.g. fmod 2.0 support for its AI aircraft) and getting everyone on more recent procedures and waypoints should make the whole thing much less painful. Also want the discord bot for testing it more thoroughly (which also adds the possibility of additional human controllers and VA support).

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer