Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Disable Gamma correction for better AA and less shimmering

26 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo work hard to get us performance gains, but a few words about how Nvidia Control Panel.... could probably influence performance just as much. 

Not a chance you're going to see performance gains compared to what SU5 brought in that domain, or even measurable really, out of NCP.  As for the terrain slider--works exactly as it's supposed to on my install, though I edit the .opt file to go beyond.  They are supposed to allow for this range in the sliders in SU6 is my understanding.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I see no difference at all, but my eyesight is not what it once was.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo work hard to get us performance gains, but a few words about how Nvidia Control Panel settings influence the sim and the performance and graphics quality, could probably influence performance just as much. 

There are guides on the effect of the settings on games (not specifically MSFS), both official and not. This for example is very well done and thorough.

There is a certain consensus on keeping AA gamma correction off globally and, when using anisotropic filtering (= always, given the little cost), negative LOD on clamp (do not allow).

With our cards (3080 Ti and 3090) I believe we can push everything to max quality and see very little (if any) performance decrease. At least this is what I observe in MSFS which at 1440p/Ultra is main thread limited most of the time.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

No difference here.

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, bobcat999 said:

I wish someone could write a comprehensive article on what all these graphics settings do. 

Here's a REAL pearl on my system.  I doubt this would behave the same if you run unlocked, or at least very much higher than 30fps, but for best panning performance set Low Latency Mode to ULTRA.  As I understand it, and this certainly is substantiated by what I see (regardless of what your pre-cache slider is set at), this has your CPU pre-rendering frames well ahead of when they are needed by the GPU (so latency is reduced between CPU and GPU), such that when you do something like pan, the GPU has an easier time keeping up with delivering frames to your display.  As I say if you're unlocked for maximum frame rate this likely won't behave the same because your CPU is already cranking out as many frames as it can to load the GPU, but easy to test for.  I posted about this when I had my 2070 Super in the box which at that point yielded an ~12% reduction in GPU load with no loss of animation or image quality.  In response to this someone here said this will tax your CPU, and it certainly theoretically should, but w/ the 3080Ti there is no significant change in CPU utilization as reported by RTSS, only far superior panning, especially apparent when in a very high demand scenario, for example at the gate at a complex airport in something like the B787-10 HD.  Give it a whirl I bet you will be pleased with what you see.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Here's a REAL pearl on my system.  I doubt this would behave the same if you run unlocked, or at least very much higher than 30fps, but for best panning performance set Low Latency Mode to ULTRA.  As I understand it, and this certainly is substantiated by what I see (regardless of what your pre-cache slider is set at), this has your CPU pre-rendering frames well ahead of when they are needed by the GPU (so latency is reduced between CPU and GPU), such that when you do something like pan, the GPU has an easier time keeping up with delivering frames to your display.  As I say if you're unlocked for maximum frame rate this likely won't behave the same because your CPU is already cranking out as many frames as it can to load the GPU, but easy to test for.  I posted about this when I had my 2070 Super in the box which at that point yielded an ~12% reduction in GPU load with no loss of animation or image quality.  In response to this someone here said this will tax your CPU, and it certainly theoretically should, but w/ the 3080Ti there is no significant change in CPU utilization as reported by RTSS, only far superior panning, especially apparent when in a very high demand scenario, for example at the gate at a complex airport in something like the B787-10 HD.  Give it a whirl I bet you will be pleased with what you see.

massive difference thank you!

Big difference with my specs 3700x ,32gb ram, GTX 1080 @1440p ultra everything locked at 30fps

Tried this gamma fix but absolutely no difference - possibly because of changes I had previously made to the gamma setting on my 49'' Sony TV.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."