Sign in to follow this  
chrisbmxr

When will we get 3rd party AI Traffic???

It's obvious that the live traffic claim was Asobo biting off more than they can chew, and has turned out to be absolutely spurious, an outright lie most of the time.. 

But wouldn't it be nice if we could get some sort of competent offline system of traffic set up to schedules like we had with UT2 and MyTraffic?  Superb programs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

It's obvious that the live traffic claim was Asobo biting off more than they can chew, and has turned out to be absolutely spurious, an outright lie most of the time.. 

But wouldn't it be nice if we could get some sort of competent offline system of traffic set up to schedules like we had with UT2 and MyTraffic?  Superb programs. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:50 PM, Fiorentoni said:

While we all agree that we don't want to have planes colliding on the runways, immersion would take a quantum leap just with the gates populated with your realistic looking and realistically scheduled aircraft. After all one could reduce those ugly incidents by reducing the traffic slider, until Asobo fixes those things. I'd rather not wait years for what AIG brings to the table, but that's up to you, of course. I personally consider AIG the single most important thing for immersion and will take anything you give me, no matter how bad the AI/ATC handles it.

I agree. To have the gates filled with realistic static aircraft world-wide would be great to start with.

I mentioned this in the VFRlatin traffic thread, but I'll mention it here too.

Not just static gates filled with realistic traffic, but filled with appropriate traffic too. You don't want ANA at KSAV or Jet Blue at HESH, etc. You want the correct airlines at the correct airports, even for the static aircraft.

MSFS could easily accomplish this in a couple ways:

First, it could check to see if a flight has landed at that airport within a few hours and not took off from that airport. If one has, it could assign a static for that flight with the correct IATA/ICAO.

Second, MSFS already tracks flights to put them in the sim. It could build a database of what airlines fly to what airports and only use appropriate statics for the appropriate airports. You may not have a accurate count of aircraft at the airport, but you would have a more accurate representation of the airliners there.

Neither of these solutions would be very hard and while MSFS doesn't have the real liveries for the airliners as of now, they could at least set the correct airline IATA/ICAO code for the statics (they already do for the live aircraft) so that any mod that wanted to place correct liveries for the statics could.

• Like 2

James

6 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Not just static gates filled with realistic traffic, but filled with appropriate traffic too. You don't want ANA at KSAV or Jet Blue at HESH, etc. You want the correct airlines at the correct airports, even for the static aircraft.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

This really can't be so hard to accomplish.