Sign in to follow this  
chrisbmxr

When will we get 3rd party AI Traffic???

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

I’m talking about the AI logic being busted, not the whole product - *******

Sure, sorry.  They just haven't focused on it but I'm sure they will in due time.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I flew into Belin this morning and had a great deal of Live traffic. Now I am flying out of Berlin to Bremen, about 1/2 hour later, and no traffic at all. Seems as if it get switched on and off. 

Is it possible there was no real online traffic on your 2nd flight out of Berlin?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've been flying along, hearing the chatter about other aircraft in the vicinity, and my copilot has acknowledged seeing the other planes -- and I'm looking everywhere, wondering what these guys are seeing. I even ramped AI traffic up to 100, thinking I should see something in the air by making it busier, but the ATC just became overwhelming and I couldn't seem to get landing clearance. It was far too busy, yet with nothing in sight from my viewpoint.

I lowered the traffic slider. Less frequent notifications of other aircraft from ATC. Still not seeing anything. Except one time, when I loaded the sim, starting airborne for a change and a plane flew right past me -- almost into me -- which made me think multiplayer had turned itself on (well, I've had my assistance menu settings randomly set themselves to full assist, so it wouldn't have surprised me), but no. Later on, listening to my copilot acknowledging visibility of other aircraft, not seeing anything myself, and suddenly I did notice, below me, an aeroplane taking off from the runway I was preparing to land on.

In earlier versions of the sim, I can't say I recall seeing any traffic then, either, apart from taxiing maybe. But whenever I've flown at night, I've seen a lot of traffic around -- albeit in the form of distant lights. Always distant.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1

Not sure how many of you noticed this, but "Lack of Real Time Traffic" is an issue that is now listed as "Started" in today's developer backlog / roadmap update, and it's slated to be included in SU7. SU7 is due in mid-November, alongside the Reno Air Races DLC. I have a hunch that SU7 will also include a substantial SDK update - to enable some of the mission / event / trigger mechanisms the DLC requires. It's possible some of that functionality will also benefit AI traffic patterns.

Either way, there will be at least some update to real time traffic in SU7, which is just around the corner.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

3-6 months EACH? You mean like 3-6 months for the E190 and again 3-6 months for the E195, or more like 3-6 months for the A320-family and another 3-6 months for all 737s?

About 3): While we all agree that we don't want to have planes colliding on the runways, immersion would take a quantum leap just with the gates populated with your realistic looking and realistically scheduled aircraft. After all one could reduce those ugly incidents by reducing the traffic slider, until Asobo fixes those things. I'd rather not wait years for what AIG brings to the table, but that's up to you, of course. I personally consider AIG the single most important thing for immersion and will take anything you give me, no matter how bad the AI/ATC handles it.

Is a release in 2021 still possible, or do you rule that out?

Oh and by the way the performance aspect is great news! AIG traffic was the plague for my P3D's FPS (still worth it, of course), so I'm really happy about that.

3-5 per AC-Type, but more types per family it might take even longer.

No final decission made yet on the public beta.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

13 hours ago, Noel said:

Is it possible there was no real online traffic on your 2nd flight out of Berlin?

another question is how much real time traffic is being shown here.

here's an example airport EGGD Bristol - all I've ever seen is the same Easyjet and Ryanair flights - not all of them, just the same few flight numbers.

Soooooooo where are the likes of Jet2, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, TUI, Loganair, KLM, Blue Islands, Jetfly, Emerald etc - they all fly in and out of my local, they are on flightaware - so why arn't they in the game?????????????

So when someone says I see lots of traffic at Seatac it can be very miss-leading, you might well be seeing planes queueing to takeoff/land (I have) but in reality and as a percentage what are you seeing when compared to real life. At a big hub it might look as though things are all good, but at smaller reginal airports like Briz its obvious that's something isn't right here 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Retracted due to loss of interest....

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

23 hours ago, Ixoye said:

The majority seems to want Chinese language in the game 🙄

Chinese is one of the most spoken first languages on the planet. So you shouldn't be surprised at all that it is voted that high.

4 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

here's an example airport EGGD Bristol - all I've ever seen is the same Easyjet and Ryanair flights - not all of them, just the same few flight numbers.

Soooooooo where are the likes of Jet2, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, TUI, Loganair, KLM, Blue Islands, Jetfly, Emerald etc - they all fly in and out of my local, they are on flightaware - so why arn't they in the game?????????????

Probably because there isn't enough room at the airport for the generic airliner models.

Online traffic also only spawns at the gate like a minute or 2 before it needs to depart.

Edited by Tuskin38

47 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Probably because there isn't enough room at the airport for the generic airliner models.

Online traffic also only spawns at the gate like a minute or 2 before it needs to depart.

I see EZY and Ryanair represented using generic models - so it’s not that.

and the above can be seen arriving and departing

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

On 10/14/2021 at 8:26 AM, Tuskin38 said:

Chinese is one of the most spoken first languages on the planet. So you shouldn't be surprised at all that it is voted that high.

Which China has the most MSFS users? At the moment it's probably Taiwan (they speak Chinese there too).

As of the 2 million sales mark, which was barely a month or so after release, MSFS was not approved for sales in mainland China. There were some users there, but they had to resort to various means of spoofing to use the sim. One of the reasons it wasn't immediately approved there was because of the localization issue, but the more important reason was the Chinese government is hesitant to allow the distribution of real map data for China for security reasons. So  they may never allow MSFS there...

Edited by dobee51
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, enright said:

Not sure how many of you noticed this, but "Lack of Real Time Traffic" is an issue that is now listed as "Started" in today's developer backlog / roadmap update, and it's slated to be included in SU7. SU7 is due in mid-November, alongside the Reno Air Races DLC. I have a hunch that SU7 will also include a substantial SDK update - to enable some of the mission / event / trigger mechanisms the DLC requires. It's possible some of that functionality will also benefit AI traffic patterns.

Either way, there will be at least some update to real time traffic in SU7, which is just around the corner.

My guess is that's referring the problems introduced with recent updates, not a more complete AI setup with proper liveries, etc.

James

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think that is because the only time the data becomes available to Flightradar is when the transponder is selected. Some real airline jocks will be able to chime in here but I have seen ADS-B switched on soon before or soon after leaving the gate. I have seen it switched off sometimes shortly after landing during taxi to the gate and other times left on until the flight departs again, although clearly the flight number data must change at some stage so perhaps in these quick turnarounds it is switched off and back on again at some point.

It can also take 5 minutes or so before Flightradar data is available to MSFS so with all the possibilities it wouldn't surprise me if a real online aircraft only spawned at line up! If it spawns at all 😞

Terry  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

I think that is because the only time the data becomes available to Flightradar is when the transponder is selected. Some real airline jocks will be able to chime in here but I have seen ADS-B switched on soon before or soon after leaving the gate. I have seen it switched off sometimes shortly after landing during taxi to the gate and other times left on until the flight departs again, although clearly the flight number data must change at some stage so perhaps in these quick turnarounds it is switched off and back on again at some point.

It can also take 5 minutes or so before Flightradar data is available to MSFS so with all the possibilities it wouldn't surprise me if a real online aircraft only spawned at line up! If it spawns at all 😞

Terry  

It’s FlightAware 

they can resolve this with code changes

IF transponder turns on start flight

IF transponder turns off check if in air

IF in air ignore and carry on flight as scheduled using AI system to scheduled destination.

Or

IF landed detected AI takes over taxi to assigned gate

IF assigned gate not free use next available gate

that kind of thing👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

It’s FlightAware 

they can resolve this with code changes

IF transponder turns on start flight

IF transponder turns off check if in air

IF in air ignore and carry on flight as scheduled using AI system to scheduled destination.

Or

IF landed detected AI takes over taxi to assigned gate

IF assigned gate not free use next available gate

that kind of thing👍

These issues are solved by PSXseeconTraffic.  However, you have to purchase a Real Traffic license. 
And at this moment it only works perfectly in P3D as MSFS first has to have the default AI traffic fixed..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

with psxseecontrffic + realtraffic+ ivao models (more than 1800 liveries and diferent airbus/boeing models) all is perfect. Full live in airports, plenty of aircrafts landig and taking off and others taxiing to gates

The only one incovenient is the missing models like MD11 or DC10 or ATR

• Like 1