Sign in to follow this  
JGregory

Xp 12 Update

15 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Your plausible beach scene is incomplete without coral reefs and kelp!

Grass and white caps are on the list. 3D waves are confirmed, look at the preview videos.

You forgot the most important one , I won't say it here else someone will report it as something something , but think what !

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

35 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Your plausible beach scene is incomplete without coral reefs and kelp!

Grass and white caps are on the list. 3D waves are confirmed, look at the preview videos.

Dont forget teh fish, the seaweed, the flies, the mosquitoes and so on and so on. And if we cannot see every little detail on the eyes of the fly, sorry it aint good enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

You forgot the most important one , I won't say it here else someone will report it as something something , but think what !

Well I always like girls in bikinis 😉

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

6 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Well I always like girls in bikinis 😉

😊

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

13 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Dont forget teh fish, the seaweed, the flies, the mosquitoes and so on and so on. And if we cannot see every little detail on the eyes of the fly, sorry it aint good enough.

Greazer moving Goal Posts! Can't forget the sand crabs, stingrays, and seashells.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Does any-one know whether Laminar will ensure that CPU's in  X Plane 12 will be able to use all cores?  Have tried searching for an answer but no luck so far.  I am using VR in X Plane 11 and although good there could be improvements and would like to think that for 12 we might just see some improvement over and above what we presently have in version 11.  Just my thoughts, MS2020 already utilize all cores and only hope that Laminar will follow.

Regards

Nigel.

Edited by Nigel

48 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Does any-one know whether Laminar will ensure that CPU's in  X Plane 12 will be able to use all cores?  Have tried searching for an answer but no luck so far.  I am using VR in X Plane 11 and although good there could be improvements and would like to think that for 12 we might just see some improvement over and above what we presently have in version 11.  Just my thoughts, MS2020 already utilize all cores and only hope that Laminar will follow.

Regards

Nigel.

They don't do things based on what the competition is doing. Ben said in the Flightsim Expo interview that they will make use of CPU and GPU resources where it make sense. So I would assume that more cores will be implement in X Plane 12.    

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Regards

Nigel.

The problem is actually the exact opposite.

How to use less cores (mostly because on windows if you start using more than two threads the OS starts dramatically slowing down the main thread). To which the conversation there is giving developers access to a threading api that can be used cross platform to prevent too many threads for the OS/hardware nuking performance, not really needed for linux/mac that were designed from day 1 for systems and software with more than one thread, but for some reason many people prefer to stick with an OS targeted at single threaded software and games.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

We had at least a few quiet days...then someone gave someone the tiniest excuse to go on an OS rant again... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Janov said:

We had at least a few quiet days...then someone gave someone the tiniest excuse to go on an OS rant again... 🤣

Ben Supnik, 5 days ago said:

like, the whoel point of giving you the threadpool access is so you won't launch threads.

Thats all because of windows expletive threading support. My point is that people complaining "not all their cores are being used" should probably stop blaming Laminar for their OS choice.

AutoATC Developer

20 minutes ago, mSparks said:

but for some reason many people prefer to stick with an OS targeted at single threaded software and games.

It not because people prefer it. It its because the application developer refusing to learn and or develope for other platforms giving users no choice for a given software that fits their needs.

If more developers support building application for MAC and Linux instead of being a Windows only camp or MSFS/PD3 only camp (hint hint) and spread the wealth of application, then there will be no need in sticking with Windows with its single threaded software. 

The old saying is alway "there are more apps on Windows than on the other platforms" which is always users stance. "There are more users on Windows than on the other platform", that's the developers stance.  It's always the numbers game that gets to decide and not the technology. 

Edited by BobFS88
  • Upvote 1

The XP12 previews are too good to be true. There's got to be strings attached that deter me from buying it upon release, I just know it...

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

We had at least a few quiet days...then someone gave someone the tiniest excuse to go on an OS rant again... 🤣

Ooooooops, if that was due to my question on cpu using all cores then I will hang my head in shame!!😟 However, many thanks for all the replies to my question.  Now just have to wait and see but either way, I will still be staying with X-Plane.

Regards

Nigel.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

It not because people prefer it. It its because the application developer refusing to learn and or develope for other platforms giving users no choice for a given software that fits their needs.

People were choosing their OS/hardware "for the single performance for the games"

windows was the best choice for that. 

X-Plane is not that. And there is nothing more for them to do here

Hpr0aCD.png

There is more for them to get out of it, but that wont include rewriting windows to be a good OS choice for a web server or simulation platform.

56 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

If more developers support building application for MAC and Linux instead of being a Windows only camp

That's really been windows/Desktop PC's downfall, pretty much all the developers left for Android/iPhone, at least LR stuck with native desktop apps, and it should pay dividends for them when XP12 and the Steam Gear drops.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

The problem is actually the exact opposite.

How to use less cores (mostly because on windows if you start using more than two threads the OS starts dramatically slowing down the main thread). To which the conversation there is giving developers access to a threading api that can be used cross platform to prevent too many threads for the OS/hardware nuking performance, not really needed for linux/mac that were designed from day 1 for systems and software with more than one thread, but for some reason many people prefer to stick with an OS targeted at single threaded software and games.

Mosy PC users dont even know what RAM is and you expect them to use linux.

• Like 2